Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: elvis habbit

elvis habbit

i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit whatever you want to call it and i just wondered if anyone else in his family has the same habbit and when did elvis start this has he done this all his life here are the pics to show you what i mean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvis_scan_05.jpg   00newthread.jpg   00newthread1.jpg  

00newthread4.jpg   00newthread3.jpg   00newthread2.jpg  

The ring touching?

I think a lot of people might do that when nervous maybe. Or to give themselves a certain feeling.

I know I do that sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit whatever you want to call it and i just wondered if anyone else in his family has the same habbit and when did elvis start this has he done this all his life here are the pics to show you what i mean

Very interesting, never noticed that.
    "Don't criticize what you don't understand, son, you never walked in that man's shoes."

Yes I've noticed this. Elvis has done it as far back as '56. There's a photo of him doing this in the yard at Audubon Drive in the summer of '56 but I can't find it in the gallery.
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Something I think he picked up from Vernon...look at the photo that was used for the cover of the boxset Elvis from nashville to memphis back in the 90's...he's doing the same thing with his hand again as we see in so many photo's.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Thanks Jon, I always noticed it with Elvis but not Vernon. Will have to pay more attention.

Diane

See the pic attached :-D

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit...
    Can that (the ring thing) be a way to show his jewerly too? It may be a "habit" linked to Elvis' way of showing his blinks. Like in some pics of the 50s, he used to show his rings (like the one Judy Sprekles gave him) or fancy clothing (remember the MSG comference showing E's big gold belt?).
    http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/sho...p?i=61558&c=46
    Last edited by Wendy56; 07-27-2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

i never noticed vernon doing it but if he does it then it must be where elvis got it from

Loving elvis
    maybe its something elvis does when he's little nervious. I play with my rings alot so l really don't think its a genes thing.

Backstage Pass
    i do it too but just to proof that they are on the right place

He also had a bad habit of bitin' his fingernails....
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. Atleast he didn't scatch his butt in public.(a man thing)

He messed with his hands in other ways to always moving his fingers while he was talking and later his glasses. Always having a cigar type smoke unlit or lit to mess with. He would drop his heels to the floor when he was standing kind of a click sound. He was always moving.
    I wouldnt come back out there for love nor money.

Shreveport, Louisiana--Home of the Louisiana Hayride, James Burton and D.J. Fontana!!
    I notice myself doing this alot too

ELVIS ALWAYS

Backstage Pass
    I think that's has something to do with nerves or some form of insecurity. People do that when they feel a lot of people are looking or when they're at the center of all the attention. It's like to get people attention to something else (for a brief moment). Just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. Atleast he didn't scatch his butt in public.(a man thing)
    We all know when Elvis did something he did it in a very big way..when you talk about his habits though..good or bad..i think he had a very addictive personalilty...with his food, drugs, sex, women all of it..

I think there must have been a not chick in front of him and he was seeing if he could get that ring off!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    I think that's has something to do with nerves or some form of insecurity. People do that when they feel a lot of people are looking or when they're at the center of all the attention. It's like to get people attention to something else (for a brief moment). Just an opinion.
    I thought that it was something along these lines too. I thought it was almost like the person was trying to put up a barrier between themselves and those in front of them. I could be wrong though as I was in school when I learnt about body language.

Prince Charles does the same thing in many of his photos. However, instead of playing with his jewellery he touches the cuffs of his shirt.
    "before you abuse, criticise and accuse... walk a mile in my shoes"

Dude, I've always noticed this but never said anything about it. I just might be his nerves like some have already said. I fittle with things when I'm nervous too.

Quote Originally Posted by Awickedreigndrop View Post
    Dude, I've always noticed this but never said anything about it. I just might be his nerves like some have already said. I fittle with things when I'm nervous too.
    I too think it was just a nerve thing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast