• ever few months

23 38.98%
  • never

16 27.12%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often Do You Watch Elvis In Concert the CBS Special

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

How often Do You Watch Elvis In Concert the CBS Special

Tonight is the first time i've played the special in a few months...so first i am watching Rapid City..how often do you play the Cbs special..
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I watch itnow and again, his voice to me was very powerful, i know some won't agree,but when he sings ''how great thou art'' and ''hurt'' it sends shivers down my spine, yes he looks poorly, but to me his voice was full of passion.

Think I've watched it twice since 1977.

Forever Best Friends

Very rarely, because it so painfull watched Elvis in that bad condition.
    "Don't criticize what you don't understand, son, you never walked in that man's shoes."

i watch it once in a while its very sad to see elvis in bad shape but you can't ignore the power filled performances of hurt and how great thou art and that heart felt rendition of unchained melody great shows to watch and you can see the glimmer of reality in his eyes when he sings unchained melody and it just shows he was an entertainer untill the end

I bought it on VHS about 7 years ago and have only watched it twice.

Diane

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    I voted never because I don't have the Elvis In Concert DVD to watch anyway.
    I would watch it once a year if I had it.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

I don't have it (neither DVD nor VHS), but I have seen it on YouTube twice. I can tell it was very painful to me, he was very ill. And his eyes were not so shining like I saw before, (like in TTWII), I realized that immediately. But his voice was absolutely amazing. It is so unbelievable to me that nobody could help him and he was very brave that he went on the stage in his condition. That's one reason why he was the king!

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

I watch it every few months and while i agree it is heartbreaking to see this once powerfull man reduced to performing while obviously in no state to do so is a injustice to the mans memory, the last few years of his life must be accepted to fully appriciate the man, and not as epe would have us do and forget everything after 1973.The cbs special is in my opinian remarkable in it shows the true man stripped of the beauty and majasty of only a few years before and the power and emotion in how great thou art and my way are a true tribute to a man who gave everything he had one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by paultish View Post
    The cbs special is in my opinian remarkable in it shows the true man stripped of the beauty and majasty of only a few years before and the power and emotion in how great thou art and my way are a true tribute to a man who gave everything he had one last time.
    Beautiful post paultish.

I have to agree. It's one of the most beautiful posts I've seen of Elvis in a long time.

Diane

I bought the DVD EIC a year or so ago. I used to watch it over and over, and i always noticed different things. But back on track..now i watch it on Elvis' birthday (JAN 8) and on the anniversary of his death (aug 16). I alway wondered what happen to the little indian girl Monique Brave who give Elvis that medalian? Anyone Know..Getlo, Utmom, all my friends on here let me know, just curious to see if she's still around and does she ever give interviews about that last concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Tonight is the first time i've played the special in a few months...so first i am watching Rapid City..how often do you play the Cbs special..
    Col Jon Burrows, the dvd i bought has the C.B.S. special on it & includes Rabid City and Omaha concerts June 19, & 21, 1977. I like when he introduces the band and J.D. Sumner (My Cousin), he says take J.D. "please" LOL

Loving elvis
    since l don't get much time to watch elvis movies or shows, I have to say nope l haven't watched this and have no plans on doing so for now.

I voted never as I seen it when it was aired on tv but never since plus not having a copy sort of hinders watching it as well, I thought that it was supposed to have been withdrawn years ago by the presley estate, anybody know where to get a copy of it?

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I voted never as I seen it when it was aired on tv but never since plus not having a copy sort of hinders watching it as well, I thought that it was supposed to have been withdrawn years ago by the presley estate, anybody know where to get a copy of it?
    I found this while looking for something else

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4290379/...s_tv_show_1977

download

I voted "once a year".
    I don't watch it often just because it's a lot painful for me

I prefer watching movies and other documentaries...when he was at his best

Great replies so far everyone

I still think its apiece of the Elvis story and should be in every fans collection. Just wish for the day they would already release it offically already.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I agree, even though it's sad to watch, I'd like to see EPE release officially instead of acting as if it's something to be ashamed of.

Diane

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree, even though it's sad to watch, I'd like to see EPE release officially instead of acting as if it's something to be ashamed of.

Diane
    Exactly..as far as EPE is concerned Elvis died after the Aloha special in '73...its ashame they act like it never happened, I mean people don't even remember what EIC is...they could release it through the FTD label and get it out if they wanted to bad enough with the money they have. I for one would LOVE to have Elvis' last shows in pristine quality....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast