49 41.18%
  • It Wouldn't Matter If He Was

21 17.65%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis & Nick Adams

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Original Posted by Broussey:

since when ....men had to have make-up on in a movie or a photo shoot , so the way that i am taking this is.. Then men in Hollywood would have a made a big stink about wearing makeup because that would make them look gay and back in them days you did not want anyone to know your gay..... not like today ... i just don't see how if it was a big thing back then i don't see how actors would want to have make up on ... ya know what i mean

You are correct but, you are missing the point Broussey

Elvis used Pan-cake and Mascara also in his private life.
    He started using this from his mom when he was fourteen years old...
    I think he borrowed his mom's because of his terrible acne. He had it pretty bad. He was very concious of his appearance. I even used my girlfriends once to cover up a nasty zit. About the men in Hollywood. They all work makeup on set, especially the furthur you go back in cinema. But several did off stage too. Cary Grant comes to mind, Valentino, Errol Flynn early when he cared about his appearance, Randolph Scott too I believe. It wasn't that uncommon. Early Hollywood, 20's through the 60's, appearance in public was of the utmost importance.

About Elvis' disinterest in sex later in life. I think it's pretty normal. We are talking about a man who himself said he jumped on pretty much everything early on. There probably isn't much he didn't experience. Too much of anything is a bad thing. I know, most guys are saying not me I wouldn't get tired of it. But we are talking about groupies and sex on a scale we can't even imagine. Remember, he didn't really share those fans with anyone, pretty much all young women and girls were crazy for him and his was the first to stir that all up in them. Look at Rock groups in the 60's up to today. , their escapades got more crazy and bizarre with all those groupies. There's a reason for that. The more you see it and experience it on that scale the more it takes. And those guys didn't get to the tip of the iceberg compared to Elvis. There's one.
    Two: He had a huge amount of pressure to be a sex god. Talk about performance anxiety! I can't imagine that kind of pressure to live up to that image. I mean, there were really only two that had that massive sex god status, Valentino and Elvis.

So you have those two things, added to the rediculous schedules, and mixes of medications and no wonder.....
    He fell back on security, the security that the most important woman in his life gave him as a child. All men want to be mothered in their life at one time or another. If they say they haven't they lie. Women do the same thing with men. You relate security to what gave you that as a child.

I really don't think he was, but if he veered that way early in the 50's, with all that attention from women and I'm sure men. It doesn't matter. He definately wasn't after the 50's though. Young people experiment and that's the way it is. Not all, but look at that life he had back then. I think it might have been though, that he was naive with Nick, and didn't know the signs too much. Nobody really did then. He was a "touchy, feely" guy, his momma made him that way. No shame in that. But Nick maybe took it wrong, Maybe crossed the line and Elvis dissassociated himself with him. Or maybe other things. Who knows? Really doesn't matter at this point.

But, the actor that played him in that recent TV movie and his comment, that was way off base. He dressed like the blues "dudes" in Memphis in the 50's, and pretty much the way every Rock star did in the 60's and 70's. That guy didn't do his homework before that comment.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    nice post Menwithbrokenhearts

Roustabouts
    It is so funny to even think that elvis was gay or bisexual.
    the only time this subject was brought up was because nick adams who was friends with elvis was a gay guy but lamar fike has admitted that at that time in the fifties when they were friends that none of the guys even knew that adams was gay and if elvis had known there probably wouldnt of been a friendship.
    no one has come out of the closet (which they would have) and all the memphis mafia who were with him 24/7 have never said anything about him being bisexual.
    I think elvis would have decked a guy if he had tried anything.
    elvis presley only loved women.

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Cary Grant. Richard Burton. Rock Hudson.

All classically male.

And all batted for the other side at one stage or another ...
    richard burton was not gay. someone called ellis amburn has just written a book claiming he was and his family are going nuts. richards brother said that if richard was gay then he`s a nun.
    the author has previously said that buddy holly, janis joplin and others were gay as well.
    the guy has a problem with his own sexuality by the sounds of it.
    dont believe books written which make claims that can`t be backed up. everyone is dead who he makes claims about. its a bit like dee stanley.

I was just going to say,Richard Burton was gay? I don't think so!!! What really happened to Nick Adams? Why did he kill himself only a few days after Lisa Marie was born? I had read that Nick killed himself on the sameday of Lisa's birth but that's not so.Whatever happend to Nick's ex-wife and children? Maybe they know the truth.
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar
    I know that Elvis' cousin Billy Smith along with Lamar and Marty in their book together stated that Elvis was totally against homosexuality.Billy stated alot that Elvis was into the foreplay more so than intercourse.I know that this is a "little much".........but it was stated that due to Elvis not being circumcized that at times intercorse was a little painful sometimes because the foreskin tore at times.
    I know I'll catch some great reactions for this....but that's what was in the book.I love Elvis with all my heart and soul.....and I know that you can't believe everything you hear.Like that should have mattered.....but I wanted to post that comment to see if any of you guys have heard this before.

It is a little much but I read it in the book too and as always, I take every book I read about Elvis with a big grain of salt.

Diane

mirror

Quote Originally Posted by WHITETIGERMAN View Post
    .........but it was stated that due to Elvis not being circumcized.
    That would be peculiar. Most American guys seem to be. It prevents their mothers from having to be legally prosecuted later on.

Elvis seems to be used to represent whatever we want him to be (as a mirror for our own opinion or preference): racist, hostile to women's rights, homophobic..

I rather think of him as a nice guy.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

International Level WHITETIGERMAN's Avatar
    I will say this....even though I posted what I did. I still take what is said about him with a grain of salt.I look at him as ELVIS PRESLEY THE KING OF ROCK 'N' ROLL......THE GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME.I also see him as a loving and careing human being.
    I try to get books on him that look like they are going to be somewhat honest and not just after our wallets and alot of BS.

I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..

Cool Circumcized or not

Quote Originally Posted by WHITETIGERMAN View Post
    I know that Elvis' cousin Billy Smith along with Lamar and Marty in their book together stated that Elvis was totally against homosexuality.Billy stated alot that Elvis was into the foreplay more so than intercourse.I know that this is a "little much".........but it was stated that due to Elvis not being circumcized that at times intercorse was a little painful sometimes because the foreskin tore at times.
    I know I'll catch some great reactions for this....but that's what was in the book.I love Elvis with all my heart and soul.....and I know that you can't believe everything you hear.Like that should have mattered.....but I wanted to post that comment to see if any of you guys have heard this before.

Poor Elvis, another personal detail... well, being in the medical field I can tell you that most home birth of babies (boys) are not circumcised.
    And when the foreskin is loose as long as the man is clean and we know that he was! There is no problem,as an erection stretches the foreskin as though it were not there... many men or boys who have had the surgery(and Elvis did) later in life.. say that is what really hurts!...They do it for hygenic purposes mostly.

"I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

Quote Originally Posted by shelley.m. View Post
    I was just going to say,Richard Burton was gay? I don't think so!!! What really happened to Nick Adams? Why did he kill himself only a few days after Lisa Marie was born? I had read that Nick killed himself on the sameday of Lisa's birth but that's not so.Whatever happend to Nick's ex-wife and children? Maybe they know the truth.

Nick Adams' death/suicide had absolutely nothing to do with Elvis. Nick supposedly killed himself because of frustration with his acting career.

Suicide is only a permanent solution to a temporary problem.....
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 11-10-2008 at 03:02 PM.

You know years ago I read when Nick Adams committed suicide that it was then stated from the beginning that it was depression because his career wasn't going well. How did it get so twisted around since then?

And I fully agree with Tony...suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem....

Diane

Diane,

Here's the info about Nick's death from the FindADeath website:

Nick Adams

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It is a little much but I read it in the book too and as always, I take every book I read about Elvis with a big grain of salt.

Diane
    me to diane. I gave up reading elvis books

Thanks for the article Tony. That was more in depth than the one I read years ago.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Thanks for the article Tony. That was more in depth than the one I read years ago.

Diane

You're welcome, Diane. The FindADeath site is a very informative site. They also have a forum via a link on the website.

Thanks again Tony, I'll have to check that out.

Diane

Oh, and for the record....to even think that Elvis may have been bi-sexual or gay is an insult to his memory, IMO.

I agree Tony. It's amazing what has come up in the years since Elvis died to downgrade him....not that being gay or bi-sexual would downgrade him if it were true which I don't believe for a moment as much as it was known how much he loved women, but it's used that way.

Diane

I don't think it should necessarily be an insult to speculate if someone is gay or bisexual, but having said that I'm pretty sure Elvis wasn't either of those.
    Even the most outrageous claims about Elvis's known sexual preferences and activities aren't what you'd call sexuality issues.
    'Taking Care of Beaulieu'.