View Poll Results: Was Elvis Bi-Sexual

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Way, Never, He Was A Hunk Of Burning Love

    44 36.97%
  • Possibly, Who Knows

    5 4.20%
  • Can't Believe Your Even Asking This Question

    49 41.18%
  • It Wouldn't Matter If He Was

    21 17.65%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 177

Thread: Elvis & Nick Adams

  1. #101
    TCB Mafia piretos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kalamata, Messinia, Greece
    Posts
    2,017
    How could anyone ask that kind of question? Shame Let him rest in peace

  2. #102
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by piretos View Post
    How could anyone ask that kind of question? Shame Let him rest in peace
    Can I ask what is wrong with the question why on earth do you have to answer is such a way.... a simple yes or no will suffice. I don't understand why people react to such a question and the person posting it?

    Far worse questions have been levelled at Elvis and people seem to ignore it or move on, however this question seems to rattle people. Why is that?

    Does the thought of Elvis being bi sexual undermine who he is or his achievements........

  3. #103
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Who knows whether or not Elvis was bi-sexual, who cares not I.

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  4. #104
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    272
    I'd like to bring up some points.

    Some intensely creative people shift their focus away from the more "animal" aspects and to the creative. It is not uncommon for dancers, singers, writers, etc to have a decreased or non-existant interest in sex.

    Some folks that study metaphysics/religion intensely also have been known to put their sexual side on hold to develop their spiritual side. We know how intensely Elvis delved in this subject.

    And finally, what is the major complaint of most women......my husband don't cuddle, we don't spend any quality time together, etc. There again Elvis was being the perfect man. He was cuddling and wanting companionship. What are those women complaining about??!!!!???

  5. #105
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    Any woman who expects a man to be a perfect lover every time needs a reality check....even with Elvis.

    Diane

  6. #106
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Any woman who expects a man to be a perfect lover every time needs a reality check....even with Elvis.

    Diane
    Ain't that turth diane

  7. #107
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Albert Goldman posed this same 'theory' regarding the sexual nature of Elvis citing his relationship, particularily with Nick Adams. With no concrete evidence to support this 'theory', with many of those who were part of his pre-army life now deceased, with the incredible image that he had, I just cannot believe this to be a fact. As to his relationships with other females during this time, I have to attribute his sexual nature with women to his relationship with his mother, as it was very unusual to us today.

    It is a fact that Elvis never kept a diary, left no memoirs, rarely submitted to interviews and scarcely wrote letters. He was also passionately protected by those closest, yet rarely shared his true feelings with friends and family, except maybe through his music, chosing to keep his thoughts and beliefs to himself. Such is the mystery of Elvis Presley.
    Have to agree with you on this one Elizabeth.....I also chalk it up to his relationship to his mom (the way he acted around women).....and like others said - IF Elvis were bi-sexual - or even experimented - who the heck cares? He was and always will be the best of the best!

  8. #108
    ksimms2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Homosassa, FL
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I'd like to bring up some points.

    Some intensely creative people shift their focus away from the more "animal" aspects and to the creative. It is not uncommon for dancers, singers, writers, etc to have a decreased or non-existant interest in sex.

    Some folks that study metaphysics/religion intensely also have been known to put their sexual side on hold to develop their spiritual side. We know how intensely Elvis delved in this subject.

    And finally, what is the major complaint of most women......my husband don't cuddle, we don't spend any quality time together, etc. There again Elvis was being the perfect man. He was cuddling and wanting companionship. What are those women complaining about??!!!!???
    very good points! I would have LOVED to have been able to sleep in Elvis bed and cuddle or even just talk.....wow.....that would have been something. Don't get me wrong - I would've TRIED to get him to do the dirty with me....but if he didn't want to.....would be satisfied with just being with him......

  9. #109
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Can I ask what is wrong with the question why on earth do you have to answer is such a way.... a simple yes or no will suffice. I don't understand why people react to such a question and the person posting it?
    I find the reactions to this question extremely odd. We discuss his sex life up one side and down the other, but that seems to be OK as long as we are speaking of it as "straight" sex. As I said before..we discuss Pris' periods, whether or not Elvis was into oral sex, but NOT this. I don't get it.

  10. #110
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I find the reactions to this question extremely odd. We discuss his sex life up one side and down the other, but that seems to be OK as long as we are speaking of it as "straight" sex. As I said before..we discuss Pris' periods, whether or not Elvis was into oral sex, but NOT this. I don't get it.
    Totally agree, there seems to be a barrier to this subject that's for sure

  11. #111
    TCB Mafia john carpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I find the reactions to this question extremely odd. We discuss his sex life up one side and down the other, but that seems to be OK as long as we are speaking of it as "straight" sex. As I said before..we discuss Pris' periods, whether or not Elvis was into oral sex, but NOT this. I don't get it.
    I agree with my buddy Rosanne (UTMOM) why should this topic anger people. It wouldn't bother people if the question was "Do you think Elvis & Priscilla engaged in oral sex?" Or the fact that Elvis had a wierd rule not to sleep with her after she had Lisa Marie. Some people are so homophobic.

  12. #112
    Coming On Strong
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62

    There is a barrier

    with this subject I think because some are uncomfortable with even entertaining the thought one (anyone) is not a "straight 8" (completely straight). Some people find it repulsive.


    Myself, I could care less if one (anyone) is a straight 8, gay, bi or tri (try anything once).

    In regards to discussion of an artists sexual/gender preference, on many sites it is a taboo question..even when the artist themselves have stated they are not what their fans want them to "be".

    Example, The Rolling Stones..yes some are straight/bi/tri..they've said it themselves.on documented videos/their own books

    Some fans still don't/won't/can't realize it.

    I believe everyone has their "own personal image" of an artist and to question those perceptions makes one uncomfortable.

  13. #113
    TCB Mafia LianaKaralivanou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,250
    Unfortunately, I've never met Elvis in person and I don't really know what was in his heart and mind. But I really couldn't care less about his sexual life and sexual preferences. I admire him as a singer and a unique performer and his voice and music make me so happy that these are small details for me. To be honest, though, Elvis seemed so MALE to me that I can hardly believe that he may had homosexual relationships. But that's my opinion.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

  14. #114
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    In my mind there is no "may" about it. Just another way for the media or someone to stir up drama. If there had been anything to it with everything else that has been uncovered about him, that would have seen the light too.

    In any case it has nothing to do with what he gave to his fans.

    Diane

  15. #115
    Backstage Pass beckyelvis1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    177
    I think he was (most likely) straight. Like people have said already, I think we would've heard some story from someone by this time. Then again, I think if Elvis had been attracted to men, that he would've repressed it because of the attitudes back then and what it could do to his career etc, so it's entirely possibly he felt an attraction but kept it to himself.

    I don't know why this is so horrible and disturbing to some people. It's just attraction to other adult human beings we're talking about - why's that such an awful thing? He would've been just as talented, charming, generous and good-hearted, and it wouldn't have made him any less of a "man". It doesn't bother me in the slightest whether or not he liked women/men or both - his sexual orientation is *not* the reason I love him, and it would never be a reason for me *not to love him* either!

  16. #116
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyelvis1 View Post
    I think he was (most likely) straight. Like people have said already, I think we would've heard some story from someone by this time. Then again, I think if Elvis had been attracted to men, that he would've repressed it because of the attitudes back then and what it could do to his career etc, so it's entirely possibly he felt an attraction but kept it to himself.

    I don't know why this is so horrible and disturbing to some people. It's just attraction to other adult human beings we're talking about - why's that such an awful thing? He would've been just as talented, charming, generous and good-hearted, and it wouldn't have made him any less of a "man". It doesn't bother me in the slightest whether or not he liked women/men or both - his sexual orientation is *not* the reason I love him, and it would never be a reason for me *not to love him* either!
    Great post, eloquent and polite. I see no reason to get uptight about someone's gender, it has nothing to do with talent, looks or skills.

  17. #117

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    Elvis seemed so MALE to me that I can hardly believe that he may had homosexual relationships.
    Cary Grant. Richard Burton. Rock Hudson.

    All classically male.

    And all batted for the other side at one stage or another ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  18. #118
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Cary Grant. Richard Burton. Rock Hudson.

    All classically male.

    And all batted for the other side at one stage or another ...
    Even had Elvis batted for the other side at one point or another in his life I don't think any different of him now nor should anyone else for that matter.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  19. #119
    Coming On Strong
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    Classically male...only my personal opinion but I'd never thought Rock Hudson was. Am a mega fan of Doris Day..seen every movie she's made w/wo Rock.

    But again it makes no difference to me in choices.

  20. #120
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Who knows whether or not Elvis was bi-sexual, who cares not I.
    Couldn't have put it any better than that Tommy!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


Similar Threads

  1. Elvis and Nick Adams
    By elvis himselvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 10:47 AM
  2. Dr Nick website
    By meg in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
  3. Dr. Nick
    By elvisalways in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
  4. Elvis,Hycadan,and Dr. Nick
    By howardrobardhughes in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 12:11 PM
  5. Elvis, Nick Adams & A Fan
    By NEA in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •