• It Wouldn't Matter If He Was

21 17.65%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis & Nick Adams

How could anyone ask that kind of question? Shame Let him rest in peace

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piretos View Post
    How could anyone ask that kind of question? Shame Let him rest in peace
    Can I ask what is wrong with the question why on earth do you have to answer is such a way.... a simple yes or no will suffice. I don't understand why people react to such a question and the person posting it?

Far worse questions have been levelled at Elvis and people seem to ignore it or move on, however this question seems to rattle people. Why is that?

Does the thought of Elvis being bi sexual undermine who he is or his achievements........

Who knows whether or not Elvis was bi-sexual, who cares not I.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Cadillac King
    I'd like to bring up some points.

Some intensely creative people shift their focus away from the more "animal" aspects and to the creative. It is not uncommon for dancers, singers, writers, etc to have a decreased or non-existant interest in sex.

Some folks that study metaphysics/religion intensely also have been known to put their sexual side on hold to develop their spiritual side. We know how intensely Elvis delved in this subject.

And finally, what is the major complaint of most women......my husband don't cuddle, we don't spend any quality time together, etc. There again Elvis was being the perfect man. He was cuddling and wanting companionship. What are those women complaining about??!!!!???

Any woman who expects a man to be a perfect lover every time needs a reality check....even with Elvis.

Diane

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Any woman who expects a man to be a perfect lover every time needs a reality check....even with Elvis.

Diane
    Ain't that turth diane

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Albert Goldman posed this same 'theory' regarding the sexual nature of Elvis citing his relationship, particularily with Nick Adams. With no concrete evidence to support this 'theory', with many of those who were part of his pre-army life now deceased, with the incredible image that he had, I just cannot believe this to be a fact. As to his relationships with other females during this time, I have to attribute his sexual nature with women to his relationship with his mother, as it was very unusual to us today.

It is a fact that Elvis never kept a diary, left no memoirs, rarely submitted to interviews and scarcely wrote letters. He was also passionately protected by those closest, yet rarely shared his true feelings with friends and family, except maybe through his music, chosing to keep his thoughts and beliefs to himself. Such is the mystery of Elvis Presley.
    Have to agree with you on this one Elizabeth.....I also chalk it up to his relationship to his mom (the way he acted around women).....and like others said - IF Elvis were bi-sexual - or even experimented - who the heck cares? He was and always will be the best of the best!

Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I'd like to bring up some points.

Some intensely creative people shift their focus away from the more "animal" aspects and to the creative. It is not uncommon for dancers, singers, writers, etc to have a decreased or non-existant interest in sex.

Some folks that study metaphysics/religion intensely also have been known to put their sexual side on hold to develop their spiritual side. We know how intensely Elvis delved in this subject.

And finally, what is the major complaint of most women......my husband don't cuddle, we don't spend any quality time together, etc. There again Elvis was being the perfect man. He was cuddling and wanting companionship. What are those women complaining about??!!!!???
    very good points! I would have LOVED to have been able to sleep in Elvis bed and cuddle or even just talk.....wow.....that would have been something. Don't get me wrong - I would've TRIED to get him to do the dirty with me....but if he didn't want to.....would be satisfied with just being with him......

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Can I ask what is wrong with the question why on earth do you have to answer is such a way.... a simple yes or no will suffice. I don't understand why people react to such a question and the person posting it?
    I find the reactions to this question extremely odd. We discuss his sex life up one side and down the other, but that seems to be OK as long as we are speaking of it as "straight" sex. As I said before..we discuss Pris' periods, whether or not Elvis was into oral sex, but NOT this. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I find the reactions to this question extremely odd. We discuss his sex life up one side and down the other, but that seems to be OK as long as we are speaking of it as "straight" sex. As I said before..we discuss Pris' periods, whether or not Elvis was into oral sex, but NOT this. I don't get it.
    Totally agree, there seems to be a barrier to this subject that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I agree with my buddy Rosanne (UTMOM) why should this topic anger people. It wouldn't bother people if the question was "Do you think Elvis & Priscilla engaged in oral sex?" Or the fact that Elvis had a wierd rule not to sleep with her after she had Lisa Marie. Some people are so homophobic.

Coming On Strong

There is a barrier

with this subject I think because some are uncomfortable with even entertaining the thought one (anyone) is not a "straight 8" (completely straight). Some people find it repulsive.

Myself, I could care less if one (anyone) is a straight 8, gay, bi or tri (try anything once).

In regards to discussion of an artists sexual/gender preference, on many sites it is a taboo question..even when the artist themselves have stated they are not what their fans want them to "be".

Example, The Rolling Stones..yes some are straight/bi/tri..they've said it themselves.on documented videos/their own books

Some fans still don't/won't/can't realize it.

I believe everyone has their "own personal image" of an artist and to question those perceptions makes one uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, I've never met Elvis in person and I don't really know what was in his heart and mind. But I really couldn't care less about his sexual life and sexual preferences. I admire him as a singer and a unique performer and his voice and music make me so happy that these are small details for me. To be honest, though, Elvis seemed so MALE to me that I can hardly believe that he may had homosexual relationships. But that's my opinion.
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

In my mind there is no "may" about it. Just another way for the media or someone to stir up drama. If there had been anything to it with everything else that has been uncovered about him, that would have seen the light too.

In any case it has nothing to do with what he gave to his fans.

Diane

I think he was (most likely) straight. Like people have said already, I think we would've heard some story from someone by this time. Then again, I think if Elvis had been attracted to men, that he would've repressed it because of the attitudes back then and what it could do to his career etc, so it's entirely possibly he felt an attraction but kept it to himself.

I don't know why this is so horrible and disturbing to some people. It's just attraction to other adult human beings we're talking about - why's that such an awful thing? He would've been just as talented, charming, generous and good-hearted, and it wouldn't have made him any less of a "man". It doesn't bother me in the slightest whether or not he liked women/men or both - his sexual orientation is *not* the reason I love him, and it would never be a reason for me *not to love him* either!

Quote Originally Posted by beckyelvis1 View Post
    I think he was (most likely) straight. Like people have said already, I think we would've heard some story from someone by this time. Then again, I think if Elvis had been attracted to men, that he would've repressed it because of the attitudes back then and what it could do to his career etc, so it's entirely possibly he felt an attraction but kept it to himself.

I don't know why this is so horrible and disturbing to some people. It's just attraction to other adult human beings we're talking about - why's that such an awful thing? He would've been just as talented, charming, generous and good-hearted, and it wouldn't have made him any less of a "man". It doesn't bother me in the slightest whether or not he liked women/men or both - his sexual orientation is *not* the reason I love him, and it would never be a reason for me *not to love him* either!
    Great post, eloquent and polite. I see no reason to get uptight about someone's gender, it has nothing to do with talent, looks or skills.

Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    Elvis seemed so MALE to me that I can hardly believe that he may had homosexual relationships.
    Cary Grant. Richard Burton. Rock Hudson.

All classically male.

And all batted for the other side at one stage or another ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Cary Grant. Richard Burton. Rock Hudson.

All classically male.

And all batted for the other side at one stage or another ...
    Even had Elvis batted for the other side at one point or another in his life I don't think any different of him now nor should anyone else for that matter.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Coming On Strong
    Classically male...only my personal opinion but I'd never thought Rock Hudson was. Am a mega fan of Doris Day..seen every movie she's made w/wo Rock.

But again it makes no difference to me in choices.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Who knows whether or not Elvis was bi-sexual, who cares not I.
    Couldn't have put it any better than that Tommy!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977