5 4.20%
  • Can't Believe Your Even Asking This Question

49 41.18%
  • It Wouldn't Matter If He Was

21 17.65%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Elvis & Nick Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella View Post
    Can anyone explain what 'pancake make up' is???
    Another name for a very thick stage make-up that is used to completely cover pores and blemishs and gives the appearance of a flawless complextion. It would be my guess that Elvis began using this sort of makeup to cover his blemishes and large pores that were on his face due to acne.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Coincidentally, I just read this post on YT about Elvis:

"Im as straight as they come. But Elvis is so beautiful & so **** cool he is. He's definnitly the only man id go gay for. RIP ELVIS No one is in his class."

I really never thought about a man's point of view when looking at Elvis. As a female....well.....lets not go there.....lol
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

University of Memphis

Elvis Bi- sexual?

I read that Jim Naybors (Gomer Pyle) was at Elvis home, i don't know if it was Graceland or not, anyway Jim touched Elvis' leg, and Elvis had him thrown out. A coverup? I don't care if Elvis was bisexual or not, i doesn't take away the fact that he will always be the greatest entertainer in the world. But, i think Elvis was straight as an arrow. Oh, yes there is a scene in TTWII where Elvis start to kiss a woman in red and she has short hair he does a double take and then kisses her. I guess he thought it was a dude. LOL

Backstage Pass
    If he was or wasn't who cares is it really going to change our opinion about the man that we respect and admire? i know its not going to change my opinion
    If Tears Could Build A Stairway, And Memories A Lane, I'd Walk Right Up To Heaven And Bring You Home Again -

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I know they say in the later years alot of the time he just wanted someone to sleep with him for companionship but no sex. Sine he had probadbly had so much sine he became famous and had the most beautiful women in the world, perhaps he became bored with sex like many things in his life...but I don't think he was gay...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    I know they say in the later years alot of the time he just wanted someone to sleep with him for companionship but no sex. Sine he had probadbly had so much sine he became famous and had the most beautiful women in the world, perhaps he became bored with sex like many things in his life...but I don't think he was gay...
    In addition to what I posted in #11, I do believe that you are correct in that Elvis had the most beautiful women in the world and he became bored with sex, just as he did with everything else he did. But I don't think he was gay or bi-sexual.

University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I was just looking at some Elvis stuff on Wikipedia (I know) and came across this information Here and it reminded me of material I had read by Alanna Nash...

Given that there are numerous comments on Elvis' sexual habits:-

1) Not wanting to have sex with Priscilla after Lisa was born.

2) Numerous woman commenting that Elvis just wanted companionship not sex.

3) Peggy Lipton writes that she felt trapped in Presley's bed as the star was impotent with her.

Crazy question I know, but do you believe that Elvis could have been bi-sexual?
    No sir I do not.
    I have read the Wikipedias debate on this subject and I know for a long time it was suspected that the author of a book ,David Bret who claimed Elvis my have been bi-sexual, was perhaps the one who kept trying to add this info to Elvis's bio. Here is the section of the Wikipedia where it is discussed
    Dee Presleys unpublished book is sighted as a source for some of the bi-sexual innuendo. Its as very long discussion.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:El...esley/archive3
    Here is an excerpt:
    Ms. Nash, had already published a respected but unflattering no-holds-barred book on Presley in 1995 titled Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations from the Memphis Mafia that provided what Entertainment Weekly called "stunning allegations." In this book and in "perhaps the most thoroughly researched music book ever written," there is no such claim as to homosexualty about Presley or blackmail by Colonel Parker.

Another excerpt:
    For any insinuation in the David Bret book about Presley to be referenced in Wikipedia it will require the author's credentials be clearly established and proof of the information being referenced as required of the C. A. Tripp book on the Abraham Lincoln homosexual issue that requires that the question of the person's sexuality has received sufficient press that historians or qualified biographers and major magazines such as Time have addressed the issue.

David Bret has written a substantial book on Elvis's Hollywood years and many other biographies. Onefortyone 11:14, 19 August 2005 (UTC)
    Out of the hundreds of other books written on Elvis Presley and especially those respected authors acclaimed for their meticulous research plus the thousands of articles in reputable magazines and newspapers, not one ever claimed Presley was homosexual. Yet, one person who has repeadtly lied and fabricated external reference quotes has managed to impose his will on Wikipedia to have the Presley article devote a full section to it with an inappropriate title and 19 full lines.

So to reiterate my opinion "No I do not think Elvis wa bi-sexual or homosexual."

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Another name for a very thick stage make-up that is used to completely cover pores and blemishs and gives the appearance of a flawless complextion. It would be my guess that Elvis began using this sort of makeup to cover his blemishes and large pores that were on his face due to acne.
    Thanks for the info! Anyway I don't think Elvis was bi or gay, he had an unhealthy close relationship with his mother and he was metrosexual. But never bi or gay. He had trouble with sex because he was still shy or inconfident with another woman especially in sex. He was a little boy inside when it came to actual sex and he simply couldn't act like a grown up male. That's my opinion.
    Poke a little sock salad...

In a way I can imagine it was a pretty scary proposition for Elvis-having to try and live up to the expectations most woman had of him as far as sex is concerned. I think he liked younger woman because of less comparison to others-which made it easier to meet the expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In a way I can imagine it was a pretty scary proposition for Elvis-having to try and live up to the expectations most woman had of him as far as sex is concerned. I think he liked younger woman because of less comparison to others-which made it easier to meet the expectations.
    Totally agree!
    Poke a little sock salad...

Does this mean we have to change his status and start calling him The "QUEEN of Rock?????

Just think he was 42 and Ginger his last girlfriend was 20..I think it was another one of his insecurities of getting old so he liked young women...jmo
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia
    "As soon as they say that you are gay, you know you are famous.

If you can get the gay, get the gay."

Interview aired with Billy Joel, Today Show, 6:25 a.m. 17th July, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    I read that Jim Naybors (Gomer Pyle) was at Elvis home, i don't know if it was Graceland or not, anyway Jim touched Elvis' leg, and Elvis had him thrown out.
    I wouldn't want Gomer Pyle to touch my leg either.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussey View Post
    Well this have happened to me as well ( well my bf), we don't know what they were doing before this right they could have been making out for a couple hours , she could have been doing other things in that area that when it came to the time it just went dead they don't stay up forever Peggy and maybe something she did they way she smelled all could have made that thing just die.....

They don't?????????????
    Please let us know how your BF reacts to your generous way of sharing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    They don't?????????????
    Please let us know how your BF reacts to your generous way of sharing!!!!
    Who said they don't........lol.........

University of Memphis

Gomer Pyle met Elvis..now that is something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Does this mean we have to change his status and start calling him The "QUEEN of Rock?????

I think Freddie Mercury took that title to his grave.

Just think he was 42 and Ginger his last girlfriend was 20..I think it was another one of his insecurities of getting old so he liked young women...jmo
    I think many men feel more virile, more masculine if they have a younger girl on their arm-it says I am still the young stud. Unfortunately that does not make you a young stud in the long run- it is trying to fool yourself.

Gomer Pyle met Elvis..now that is something!!!
    Shazam!!

I think many men feel more virile, more masculine if they have a younger girl on their arm-it says I am still the young stud. Unfortunately that does not make you a young stud in the long run- it is trying to fool yourself.
    Agreed Ken !! And I'm sure thats just what Ginger did for Elvis.