Thread: Elvis concert repetoire

TCB Mafia

Elvis concert repetoire

I was thinking I know a lot of fans complain about Elvis not changing his concert repetoire, in particular 1973 to 1977 so I was thinking it would be fun to discuss what songs you would have wanted Elvis to cover to put in his live show instead of C.C. Rider, ''I got a woman'', ''you gave me a mountain'',''My way'' the usual I think Elvis should have changed it up more. I think Elvis should have added more rock n' roll to his show so here is my list.

Kentucky Woman 1971 (Neil Diamond)
    It's All over now this would have been good for Aloha (Bobby Womack and the stones)
    Long Cool Woman in a Black dress 1974 or 1975 (The Hollies)
    Delta Lady in 1970 (Joe cocker)
    Take it Easy 1972 and 73 or 1974 and 1975 (the Eagles)
    I will always love you (Elvis should of just covered this in 1975 anyway) (Dolly parton)
    The Most Beautiful Girl in the world 1974 or 75 (Charlie Rich)
    What are your choices for covers that Elvis should have added to his live show?
    I would love to hear from everyone on this

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    After 1975 was through with, the setlist remained pretty much the same, especially by '77. Its a fact, our man had no interest a-tall in his shows anymore they were routine, just as the movies became..
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    After 1975 was through with, the setlist remained pretty much the same, especially by '77. Its a fact, our man had no interest a-tall in his shows anymore they were routine, just as the movies became..
    Hi Mr. Burrows

I agree with you do you have any cover songs you wished Elvis would have performed sir?

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Yeah by that time Elvis was like "Let me get this show done and get the hell out of here" But I would have liked Elvis in 1970 to sing Pretty Woman live.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

After 1975 was through with, the setlist remained pretty much the same, especially by '77.
    Actually, no.

Check the setlists. There were many more changes and additions that he is given credit for. Certainly not as many as from 1970-74, but there were many.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

I would agree to a point-he still worked hard vocally on songs he was emotionally involved with even in 77. "How Great Thou Art" "Hurt" etc.....songs which spoke to his heart he cared to do as well as he could. IMO

I believe I've heard Elvis tried several times to have different songs.
    His fans wanted the ones they knew and came expecting to hear.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."