Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: I need a favor from Elvislady or someone on this board!

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    I need a favor from Elvislady or someone on this board!

    I need your help my fellow Elvis fans I was wondering if you could help me with something important. I would like to send 2 questions to Marty Lacker at elvis-express.com I have been trying for a couple of weeks to send him these questions. but have been unable to do so. If anyone is interested in helping me out post a reply and then I will post the questions I would like to send to him. thank you very much i would really appreciate it.

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495


    Hiya Brian, I'll help you out, go for it?? lol

    Take care,
    Kim

  3. #3
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I need your help my fellow Elvis fans I was wondering if you could help me with something important. I would like to send 2 questions to Marty Lacker at elvis-express.com I have been trying for a couple of weeks to send him these questions. but have been unable to do so. If anyone is interested in helping me out post a reply and then I will post the questions I would like to send to him. thank you very much i would really appreciate it.

    Hello Brian,
    I might know the answer to your questions, I am new here but was a long time very very long time poster on AEK.
    Now I do not know Mr. Lacker personally, however I do know many people who do.
    ~Genie

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post


    Hello Brian,
    I might know the answer to your questions, I am new here but was a long time very very long time poster on AEK.
    Now I do not know Mr. Lacker personally, however I do know many people who do.
    ~Genie
    Genie,
    What was your connection to Elvis? "Inquiring minds want to know"!!

    Forever Best Friends

  5. #5
    brian if you mail joe krein at this address he might be able to help you.
    www.elvis2001.net
    elvislady

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Elvis lady

    I appreciate all the help everyone has given me over here at tcb-world.com

    the problem is when I try to send the questions to Marty at elvis-express.com
    It won't send it through I have 2 interesting and important questions I would like to ask him I will post my 2 questions below and I was wondering if you would send them for me Elvis lady and would you please type the questions exactly as I have written them I would greatly appreciate it.

    1. Sonny West has said in recent interviews that Colonel Parker was friends with President Lyndon Johnson and members of his administration so the Colonel would have asked him personally to fix a passport up for him to go on a world tour however a overseas tour never happened because of Elvis drug problem at the time and the trouble that would cause going through customs.
    In the 60's and 70's there were several big name performers who were busted at border crossings and going through airport security with drugs like the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney in Japan, Johnny Cash was caught crossing the Mexican border and was searched and put in a Mexican Jail for two days for carrying legally prescribed drugs. The Colonel was worried the same thing could have happened to Elvis. I have no reason to doubt Sonny West as he always comes across as an honest person and a straight shooter. I don't think the Colonel was a good manager in a lot of ways but has been unfairly blamed on this issue by Elvis biographers,the media and most Elvis fans
    My Questions to you Marty are
    1. What is your reaction to this?
    2. Did you know the Colonel and LBJ were friends and the Colonel was that connected?
    3. Have you asked Sonny about this?




    2. I had heard from Joe Esposito and Freddy Bienstock that the Beatles asked Colonel Parker to become there manager after Brian epstien died.
    I was talking to some Elvis fans about this who basically called me a liar saying the Beatles would have never asked Colonel to manage them. I responded by saying that Mr. Esposito and Mr. Bienstock were there and would know more about than them and I would take Joe's and Mr. Bienstock's word for it. I was wondering Marty if you could confirm to me that the beatles did in fact offer Colonel the job of becoming there manger and that the Colonel turned them down by saying he would like to but didn't have the time?

    Thanks Marty for taking the time to answer my questions
    I am a fan of yours personally and enjoy your no nonsense tell it like it was approach to answering questions thanks so much.

  7. #7
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    168
    Brian
    I sent Marty your questions.
    I also wanted to tell you that the Beatles question is true. I am friends with Charles Stone who worked for Concerts West . He saw a telegram that related to this subject.
    joe krein
    www.elvis2001.net

  8. #8
    Thanks joe for your help with the questions.
    elvislady

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    thank Joe K

    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS2001NET View Post
    Brian
    I sent Marty your questions.
    I also wanted to tell you that the Beatles question is true. I am friends with Charles Stone who worked for Concerts West . He saw a telegram that related to this subject.
    joe krein
    www.elvis2001.net

    Thank you for your help sir
    I listen to your show sometimes and I am a fan

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I appreciate all the help everyone has given me over here at tcb-world.com

    the problem is when I try to send the questions to Marty at elvis-express.com
    It won't send it through I have 2 interesting and important questions I would like to ask him I will post my 2 questions below and I was wondering if you would send them for me Elvis lady and would you please type the questions exactly as I have written them I would greatly appreciate it.

    1. Sonny West has said in recent interviews that Colonel Parker was friends with President Lyndon Johnson and members of his administration so the Colonel would have asked him personally to fix a passport up for him to go on a world tour however a overseas tour never happened because of Elvis drug problem at the time and the trouble that would cause going through customs.
    In the 60's and 70's there were several big name performers who were busted at border crossings and going through airport security with drugs like the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney in Japan, Johnny Cash was caught crossing the Mexican border and was searched and put in a Mexican Jail for two days for carrying legally prescribed drugs. The Colonel was worried the same thing could have happened to Elvis. I have no reason to doubt Sonny West as he always comes across as an honest person and a straight shooter. I don't think the Colonel was a good manager in a lot of ways but has been unfairly blamed on this issue by Elvis biographers,the media and most Elvis fans
    My Questions to you Marty are
    1. What is your reaction to this?
    2. Did you know the Colonel and LBJ were friends and the Colonel was that connected?
    3. Have you asked Sonny about this?




    2. I had heard from Joe Esposito and Freddy Bienstock that the Beatles asked Colonel Parker to become there manager after Brian epstien died.
    I was talking to some Elvis fans about this who basically called me a liar saying the Beatles would have never asked Colonel to manage them. I responded by saying that Mr. Esposito and Mr. Bienstock were there and would know more about than them and I would take Joe's and Mr. Bienstock's word for it. I was wondering Marty if you could confirm to me that the beatles did in fact offer Colonel the job of becoming there manger and that the Colonel turned them down by saying he would like to but didn't have the time?

    Thanks Marty for taking the time to answer my questions
    I am a fan of yours personally and enjoy your no nonsense tell it like it was approach to answering questions thanks so much.
    Many today claim to have been good friends with Elvis and then someone says-"They may have been acquaintances with Elvis but were not close"
    I think the same distinction could be made about the Parker/LBJ relationship.
    Bob Hope for example was acquainted with 8 or 9 different Presidents- but only claimed a couple were truely friends.
    Parker and Johnson were acquaintances.
    A newsman asked the Col. point blank one time after seeing the President Johnson and Parker talking in a hotel lobby
    "Oh You must know the president pretty well?" Parkers responded
    "Well I don't know about that. But he sure knows me doesn't he?"
    From all I have read they were total opposites.
    LBJ was in the middle of an unpopular war, was only President because JFK was assassinated, he was running a country in the midst of social uprising.
    Parker was loud flamboyant and very private about his life away from Elvis he showed little political concern.
    IMO Parker also had an ego to match Elvis's and would not want to tarnish his "story" by admitting to anyone he was in the US illegally. That problem of illegal status could have been handled long before Parker ever knew Elvis or Johnson if he had wanted to confront it-it seems (for whatever reason) he did not.
    Also I would think Parker would have the sense to see that President Johnson had huge problems much more pressing than working out Parkers illegal status.
    Plus, I always got the impression from reading that Parker did not like asking for favors-you did what you agreed to do (on both sides) and nothing more.

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Many today claim to have been good friends with Elvis and then someone says-"They may have been acquaintances with Elvis but were not close"
    I think the same distinction could be made about the Parker/LBJ relationship.
    Bob Hope for example was acquainted with 8 or 9 different Presidents- but only claimed a couple were truely friends.
    Parker and Johnson were acquaintances.
    A newsman asked the Col. point blank one time after seeing the President Johnson and Parker talking in a hotel lobby
    "Oh You must know the president pretty well?" Parkers responded
    "Well I don't know about that. But he sure knows me doesn't he?"
    From all I have read they were total opposites.
    LBJ was in the middle of an unpopular war, was only President because JFK was assassinated, he was running a country in the midst of social uprising.
    Parker was loud flamboyant and very private about his life away from Elvis he showed little political concern.
    IMO Parker also had an ego to match Elvis's and would not want to tarnish his "story" by admitting to anyone he was in the US illegally. That problem of illegal status could have been handled long before Parker ever knew Elvis or Johnson if he had wanted to confront it-it seems (for whatever reason) he did not.
    Also I would think Parker would have the sense to see that President Johnson had huge problems much more pressing than working out Parkers illegal status.
    Plus, I always got the impression from reading that Parker did not like asking for favors-you did what you agreed to do (on both sides) and nothing more.
    KPM the Colonel knew LBJ for quite a long time close to 20 years and they were indeed good friends I really wasn't wanting to discuss this with anyone because I proved it that they were indeed pretty good friends on another message board and people still couldn't get their head wrapped around it because people have been told that the reason Elvis didn't tour the world was because of Colonel's illegal alien status when they hear that is not true they don't want to believe it. Sonny West who knew Elvis for 20 years and the Colonel for longer says the Colonel would have asked his friend the president to fix a passport up for him I believe him.
    Colonel parker was indeed a very connected man who knew 5 president's personally, Senators, governors, Supreme court justices all kinds of people
    I can provide a link for you where the Colonel talks about himself and talks about some of the people he knew. Again I don't really want to get into a heated discussion about this as people on another message board has basically called me a liar and a misinformed person over both the Beatles asking the Colonel to be there manager and Elvis drug and personal problems as the real reason for no world tour. You can believe me or not believe it but it is the truth.

  12. #12
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Cool My connection to Elvis?

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Genie,
    What was your connection to Elvis? "Inquiring minds want to know"!!



    Yes, inquiring minds have always wanted to know. Then I tell them...on AEK for almost 5 years and I receive nothing but "NOT SO" Liar liar pants on fire" LOL
    Just believe that I know the man, excuse me, I knew the man.. he was wonderful... I am a retired Vet and I also sadly, due to an illness, a retired RN
    I have several connections to Elvis, and to some of his friends and/or so called friends....
    What would you like me to help you with? Anything special on your mind?
    I definately do not wish to get into any squabbles here, and I prefer also not to toss any disrespect for Marty Lacker or anyone else. I also
    will bow to no one.
    You can understand I hope that I dislike very much when I am called a liar, and I also dislike "Proving" who I am. Some of us like to be unknown.
    And compared to many others, I admit that I am pretty much unknown.
    Sassy enough to get tossed off of here, and I am not going to let that happen. So I will remain a mystery and a lady.
    ~Genie

  13. #13
    PINK Cadillac Lisarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GulfCoast, Texas
    Posts
    3,107
    Great questions, Brian, keep us updated on any responses I hope you get!


    Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

  14. #14
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Mr. Joe Krein

    Mr. Joe Krein I would like to say my appreciation to you one more time if I may thanks for your help. If you read this I was wondering if you would do me another small favor. I know you sometimes post on elvis-collectors.com
    I started a thread over there called ''Colonel Parker and the Beatles'' I told everyone over there that the Colonel was indeed offered the job to manage the Beatles after there manager died. I had know this for years as I had heard a lot of people connected with Elvis say this and it's in books written about the Colonel. Immediatelly there was a poster named Dr.Johncarpenter
    and a couple of others who discredited everything I was saying by replying back to me that because Elvis career was doing so poorly in 1967 that the beatles never wrote a letter or approached him about it. Dr.johncarpenter is a real know it all and a jerk he automatically replies to me almost everytime I say something by saying I ask that you refrain from posting fantasy over fact and there is no evidence to support my claims. Normally it wouldn't bother me but it has become real annoying because he does it everytime. I was just wondering if you coud post over there again and tell dr.johncarpenter that I am 100% right about it and he is 100% wrong. since you know the Beatles did in fact offer Colonel the Job. it is listed in the off topic section.
    If you could do me this small favor for me I will be forever grateful thankyou

  15. #15
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    168
    Brian
    There are some people that no matter what you say or do . they are not going to beleive you. Carpentor does not like to be proved wrong. so no matter what you say to him . he is going to diagree. but as long as you know the truth . thats all that matters.
    i will say to you again. Charles Stone who worked for Concerts West saw the telegram from the boys asking if he would be there manager.
    joe k
    www.elvis2001.net

  16. #16
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229
    Thanks for the advice Mr. Krein

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks for the advice Mr. Krein

    Brian,
    In the Elvis world - that's the best advice you will get!!!! Don't let people like that bother you - there's always some that "know more" (or at least they think they do)!!!

    Forever Best Friends

  18. #18
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    168
    Please call me Joe
    Joe K
    www.elvis2001.net

  19. #19
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,229

    Questions for Joe K

    Hi Joe K

    I was wondering if I ever would like to ask some questions to Marty would you send them to Marty for me?

    I would do it myself but my computer won't send the questions for some reason. I was wondering if that would be a problem for you

    I also have 2 questions I would like to ask you personally, since you know Charlie Stone personally you might know the answer I was wondering if it was true that besides the Beatles Colonel Parker was approached by Tanya Tuckers Dad Bo (when Tanya Tucker first started in showbusiness at 13) to be her manager but he also turned her down.

    I know you or your website has interviewed Sonny West before and I was just wondering if you ever do again could you ask him to elaborate more about the Colonel's friendship with Lyndon Johnson as I am just curious about it and Sonny was the one that brought it to my attention in the first place.

  20. #20
    Backstage Pass
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    168
    Brian i just posted on the FECC what i got from loanne. mrs . Parker

    joe k
    www.elvis2001.net

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need a favor...
    By Elvis and Johnny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
  2. Happy Birthday elvislady!!!
    By franny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  3. Happy Birthday elvislady!
    By franny in forum Off topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 12:59 AM
  4. Huge Favor To Ask!!!
    By Jungleroom76 in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •