Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Glad I Didn't Know.....

I'm Glad I Didn't Know.....

I love the words to Garth Brooks' The Dance. They are so perfect for the story of Elvis.And remember...click original view for music!

http://www.slide.com/r/TFb0Xyfj2T8fOOa18LnJAvuS1f6K7ysN

Great job! That song is beautiful and I loved your choice of photos

"before you abuse, criticise and accuse... walk a mile in my shoes"

Another one that is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    R.I.P ~ROSANNE~
    We will forever miss you at TCB
    Tell Elvis we say HI

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    Sorry, but somehow I don't like Garth Brooks, too commercial, IMO.
    "Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!".
    Groucho Marx

Roseanne, that was great, slides, song,and,artist,, thank you.

Outside of Elvis I have enjoyed Garth as an entertainer...and been to a couple of his concerts many years ago. Though I have few favorite songs outside of Elvis music....THE DANCE happens to be one that really touches my soul. I don't think you could have chosen a more perfect song for the slide show. Thank you (((((((((((Rosanne))))))))))))))) That song really gets to my heart ....and especially with our love and loss of ELVIS...it really fit. Beautiful job!

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    THE DANCE happens to be one that really touches my soul. I don't think you could have chosen a more perfect song for the slide show. Thank you (((((((((((Rosanne))))))))))))))) That song really gets to my heart ....and especially with our love and loss of ELVIS...it really fit. Beautiful job!
    My feelings exactly!!

Forever Best Friends

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Wow Rosanne, that was excellent. It is so strange but the songs that you and some of the other fans have picked are the same ones that I always think about Elvis whenever I hear them. The Dance, Sweet Music Man, The Song Remembers When, are all songs that, to me, are about Elvis! There are many more but I just can`t think of them now. Before all of this technology I would tape songs on my cassette recorder play them back while looking at my photo albums of Elvis! I would get so emotional! It was like what you have done Rosanne but it was done in my mind! Now you bring it to life!! Thanks for sharing them!

This is a great video, Roseanne !
    This song has reminded me of Elvis as well.Along with a few others.
    For some reason, I never liked Garth either .
    But, he has a few songs that really get to me and this is one.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

I'm not a Garth fan either, but I have to agree the song and the photos were beautiful for Elvis.

Diane

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Another song that reminds me of Elvis is "Wind Beneath Wings"! Some of the words... "Did you ever know that your my hero and everything I would like to be, I can fly higher than an eagle because you are the wind beneath my wings..."

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    I've always thought that was a fantastic song, Rosanne, and seeing it applied to Elvis -- not just the song itself but its central theme -- made for a very nice, rather moving slideshow. Well done!
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I love it Rosanne!! Guess what! Now I can hear the music in your slideshow finally!! (I don't know why I haven't heard it before...) I had to listen to it again, I am listening it now, while I am writing this... And I love it, really beautiful!! You are a soo loyal fan Rosanne, it amazes me that your love hasn't changed about him after so many years. This is soo moving and wonderful!! Thanks for sharing this! You should make a YT video from it as well, it would be really great! Hugs: BETTI

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Quote Originally Posted by President Presley View Post
    I like some of his music-but I agree. He is very very commercial. He has overtaken Elvis's number one solo album seller in the US again. His marketing with Walmart helped propel him past Elvis. They were selling 5 CD sets for $10.00 for months in the local Walmarts- I'm sure that was the situation in all of them nationwide. He sees things always I think in terms of sales and how to maximise any little thing to produce sales. Nothing wrong with that I guess.
    I saw him interviewed on the Nashville Network years ago when he hit 100 million album sales in the US. They asked him how it felt to pass Elvis-and he said I know I have not sold more than Elvis and he gave the reasoning about record keeping being so sloppy when Elvis hit, the huge sales Elvis had in singles which have no bearing on albums sales. He mentioned the billion worldwide sales figure for Elvis and how he felt he would never ever near that. His lips said he knew Elvis was number one-but his eyes IMO said something else. He said he could never reach a billion worldwide-yet his eyes IMO had a very calculated look when he said it. So he is IMO a very calculating, commercial artist who always has sales in mind above all else. Once again nothing wrong with that I guess-but hes not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    I've always thought that was a fantastic song, Rosanne, and seeing it applied to Elvis -- not just the song itself but its central theme -- made for a very nice, rather moving slideshow. Well done!
    Perfectly stated!!!

R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by President Presley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I like some of his music-but I agree. He is very very commercial.
    So he is IMO a very calculating, commercial artist who always has sales in mind above all else. Once again nothing wrong with that I guess-but hes not my cup of tea.
    I have never been a big Garth fan myself, there are a few of his songs that I enjoyed. However....I have always loved The Dance, and I feel that the words and theme are perfect for Elvis. There is even mention of how the King would fall....that's pretty fitting.

I just Love Garth Brooks! And this song, with these pictures...awsome!
    Thanks.

Elvis - If Love Could Have Saved You,
    You Would Have Lived Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I have never been a big Garth fan myself, there are a few of his songs that I enjoyed. However....I have always loved The Dance, and I feel that the words and theme are perfect for Elvis. There is even mention of how the King would fall....that's pretty fitting.

That is EXACTLY how I felt, Rosanne. I went to Garth's shows with my daughter in the 80's and was entertained. Never was a huge fan like my daughter was, but I felt some of his music was good....and especially loved "The Dance". The DANCE just fits the Elvis story... and I think it was an excellent choice for your slide show.

R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Thanks again to all who enjoyed it! I LOVE doing these..even if they do take awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes the song is a good fit for Elvis.
    I also liked the Garth version of "Shameless"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast