Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candlelight Vigil

Candlelight Vigil

[YT]mt4GNO8_YKw[/YT]

Can you imagine seeing this go from a dozen candles to this??? Absolutely unbelievable!!!

Forever Best Friends

TCB Mafia
    Dearest Gail,

What a wonderful tribute you all do for Elvis, too, at the Candlelight Vigils.

When I think of Elvis, I just think simply that "it's just love". To see his fans love him, "it's just love".

Gail, this was beautiful.....gives me chill bumps watching it because I can feel it deep in my soul. I wish one day I can be a part of the candlelight vigil.

Backstage Pass
    AWESOME! No other artists would equal that. Elvis had the most loyal fans, he's charisma goes even beyond life. He attract new fans even after his death.
    Unbelievable, but true. Younger fans (like me) would attest to that.
    It's even so much more for those who actually saw him, watched him, kissed him.
    If a fan like me, who actually never saw him alive, cannot say goodbye. How much more those who did saw him alive?

Great artist, probably the greatest one to have ever walked this earth.

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    You are so right Gail it is unbelievable! Who ever thought in 1977 , that 30 years later ,Elvis would be bigger than ever! Most of the people you see on that clip were not even born when he died! I think it is wonderful!! Imagine what he would of thought of all this!! He`d probably say,"God*** it, 30 years and their still TCBing!"

Gail, did I read before that you were a part of the beginning of the Candlelight Vigil? If so, do you have photos from those first Vigils that you could share with us?

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Wow, what a wonderful vid! I always wanted to go to a vigil at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Gail, did I read before that you were a part of the beginning of the Candlelight Vigil? If so, do you have photos from those first Vigils that you could share with us?
    Yes, I was there in 78 when it was started by a handful of people. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos myself as my mother had them and her house burned down in 1985. I wish I still had those!!

Forever Best Friends

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    It's simply amazing that still after all these years after he died his fans are more dedicated to his life and career more than ever. If he could be here to see it, i don't think he would believe it. Makes me think of that time Nurse Marion Cocke was with him, and he asked her if anyone would remember him after he was gone. If he could only see this...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

That was so fantastic, Gail.
    Great to see all that love and respect for Elvis.
    I would love to be at a candlelight vigil....it must be one of the most touching things a loving Elvis fan could ever experience.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I would love to be at a candlelight vigil.....
    Me too, Hopefully will have the chance this August when i got to memphis for Elvis week!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

There is lots of fun during Elvis Week,but the candlelight vigil is the one night we look forward to, it's our turn to show the world how much love we have for Elvis, very moving experience, i am proud to have taken part in it, it will be even more poignant this year without Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy parkinson View Post
    There is lots of fun during Elvis Week,but the candlelight vigil is the one night we look forward to, it's our turn to show the world how much love we have for Elvis, very moving experience, i am proud to have taken part in it, it will be even more poignant this year without Todd.
    I certainly am looking forward to taking part in this, will certainly be emotional.

One day, I'll be there for Elvis week, but not this year!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Dear Gail, thanks for sharing this!! How many times you've been there on the anniversary in August, since 1978? OMG, I was born in that year! This video always touches me deeply, I couldn't help but I sobbed when I saw it first on YouTube. It's so wonderful and really unbelievable!! I love this gospel very much. I think nobody will be born on this world again in the future who will be so respected and loved after death, like Elvis. Maybe it was his destiny, he never can be forgotten. And the fans show it in every year in August that they will never forget him. And there are really many many young fans in the crowd (I saw it only on TV unfortunately), amazing. I think it's wonderful, I'd like to be there someday...

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    All I can add is that video simply can't do justice to seeing the Candlelight Vigil in person!!! Every Elvis fan has to try and make it to Memphis at least once in their lifetime to witness the Candlelight Vigil in person....it is a breathtaking and emotional sight to behold!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    All I can add is that video simply can't do justice to seeing the Candlelight Vigil in person!!! Every Elvis fan has to try and make it to Memphis at least once in their lifetime to witness the Candlelight Vigil in person....it is a breathtaking and emotional sight to behold!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Thanks for the input Mike ! I really am looking forward to this, as I haven't been to Graceland in 5 years 2003, so I expect to see alot of new things!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Thanks for the input Mike ! I really am looking forward to this, as I haven't been to Graceland in 5 years 2003, so I expect to see alot of new things!
    Were you at Graceland during ELVIS WEEK? If not, you are DEFINITELY in for an amazing time!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

This video brought me to tears. I hope one day i could take part in this.
    http://i30.tinypic.com/svsbb7.jpg

"So help your brother along the way, no matter where he starts.For the same god that made you, made him too, these men with broken hearts."
    -Elvis presley

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Were you at Graceland during ELVIS WEEK? If not, you are DEFINITELY in for an amazing time!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    No buddy when I went it was in April, but this time I am making sure we are going definitley during Elvis Week !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast