Thread: Love Letters From Elvis Ftd

Love Letters From Elvis Ftd

With the new FTD release imminent what does everyone think of the added masters including:"Rags To Riches" & "Sylvia', etc. Personally I think these are going to be great additions to the release and will enhance its classic album status even further.

I can't wait for the full track-list to appear because there should be some interesting out-takes on CD-2 LOVE LETTERS FROM ELVIS will, I hope become a FTD favourite.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I think its great Rags to riches and sylvia have always been favorites of mine but nothing will ever top the live version or rtr from december 31st 1976 pittsburg..that performance was just magical. but back to love letters with elvis, i think it will be a great release, i love these classic albums we are getting but i look forward most to the Lost album thats going to be a beauty !! finally after all these years that album is JUST NOW getting the proper treatment it deserves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 087xn3.jpg  
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Great reply, looking forward to it too. Looks like the the LOST ALBUM could be very popular. I told a friend about it at work and he was very interested and surprised that it was being released hats of to FTD.

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Although I love SYLVIA and RAGS TO RICHES, I personally don't think they should be on the LOVE LETTERS reissue! They weren't on the original album, and isn't that the purpose of these CLASSIC ALBUMS reissues...to re-release the original album?

Just my little ol' opinion...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    Although I love SYLVIA and RAGS TO RICHES, I personally don't think they should be on the LOVE LETTERS reissue! They weren't on the original album, and isn't that the purpose of these CLASSIC ALBUMS reissues...to re-release the original album?

TCB!
    Mike
    Not sure Mike, maybe they were added to the Cd just to fill up space so they can save some outtakes for future releases, just a thought....

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I'm not a big fan of the Love Letters album it still feels like the leftovers from the Nashville sessions in June 1970, although there is definitely some great tracks on there for instance 'When I'm Over You' is a nice number (which made the 'That's The way It Is Special')

I really don't like the remake of the song love letters (1970), the 1966 version is hands down better

Interesting comments but cooked up FTD style – LOVE LETTERS is sure to be a showcase.
    Worth buying just for the I GOT LUCKY JUMPSUIT pics, which I'm sure will feature heavily in the booklet.

TCB!
    Mike
    I follow that, "Rag to Riches" with its B side: "Where did they Go Lord" belongs to the "Elvis Country FTD" classic albums release, not at all to the "Love Letters" album, Rags was the single companion to the Elvis Country L.P. Then the following Singles: "Im Leaving" and "Its Only Love" were the ones to fit into these new re-release of "Love Letters".

No complaints about "Sylvia" as it is well into the mood of the album, anyhow these lead us to think "Elvis Now" wont be released in the classic albums series, I belive the "Love Letters" Lp should have not been released on these series neither, and the tracks on that one send to the "TTWII" and the "Elvis COuntry" classic albums releases, but its release being a fact, more tracks from "Elvis Now" like "Until its Time FOr You to GO" and "We can Make THe Morning" and even stuff from the March '72 sessions, should have been imported to "Love Letters" in orther to boost a rather weak album.

Just an opinion, FTD is doing a good job anyhow, but i guess Im going to skip these one, unless something really interesting comes in the outakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post

Just an opinion, FTD is doing a good job anyhow, but i guess Im going to skip these one, unless something really interesting comes in the outakes.
    I agree they are doing a fine job, let's hope we get more unreleased concerts coming.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I agree the FTD label is doing a fantastic job but wouldn't it be amazing to get another 'Tahoe"show – a soundboard from the early 1970s.

Or maybe a cracking unreleased soundboard from 1973, either way keep up the good work FTD.

Also – "It's Only Love"may yet, still appear on "Love Letters From Elvis"–as no complete track listing as been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    No complaints about "Sylvia" as it is well into the mood of the album, anyhow these lead us to think "Elvis Now" wont be released in the classic albums series...

Interesting point Raised on Rock...

I hope that's not the case though, as for some reason, I have always enjoyed ELVIS NOW despite the "leftovers" feeling to that album as well!! But you are right....by releasing SYLVIA on the LOVE LETTERS CD, it does send a signal to fans that ELVIS NOW isn't on the list of future album upgrades!!!

And I agree completely that FTD is doing a great job!!! Just think of all the wonderful music that we wouldn't have if it weren't for them....so even though I personally may have an opinion about something they do with their releases, overall I am very happy with the job they are doing for the fans!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    I agree the FTD label is doing a fantastic job but wouldn't it be amazing to get another 'Tahoe"show a soundboard from the early 1970s.
    Or maybe a cracking unreleased soundboard from 1973, either way keep up the good work FTD.
    I'm looking forward most to what Ernst has in store for us from places like Las Vegas August '71, Tahoe '76, Ocotober 1974 tahoe engagment. Still so many to look forward to and anticipate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    I'm looking forward most to what Ernst has in store for us from places like Las Vegas August '71, Tahoe '76, Ocotober 1974 tahoe engagment. Still so many to look forward to and anticipate!!
    ABSOLUTELY BUDDY!!!

There are indeed lots more tours that haven't had a show released from them yet....and maybe we'll get lucky and FTD will release the closing show from Tahoe in May '76....that is a FANTASTIC import CD and I would LOVE to hear it in soundboard quality!!!

Also the May '77 tour had some decent shows as well, most notably the Binghampton shows released on import CD (UNCHAINED ELVIS). The import CD was an audience recording, but if they have one of those Binghampton shows in soundboard quality, that would be an awesome release as well!!!

As we have discussed before too, the March '76 tour was an excellent tour and hopefully will be represented with an FTD CD one day soon as well!!

Lots of shows to hope for in the future...

TCB!
    Mike

ABSOLUTELY BUDDY!!!

There are indeed lots more tours that haven't had a show released from them yet....and maybe we'll get lucky and FTD will release the closing show from Tahoe in May '76....that is a FANTASTIC import CD and I would LOVE to hear it in soundboard quality!!!

Also the May '77 tour had some decent shows as well, most notably the Binghampton shows released on import CD (UNCHAINED ELVIS). The import CD was an audience recording, but if they have one of those Binghampton shows in soundboard quality, that would be an awesome release as well!!!

As we have discussed before too, the March '76 tour was an excellent tour and hopefully will be represented with an FTD CD one day soon as well!!

Lots of shows to hope for in the future...

TCB!
    Mike
    We have some of the March 17th 1976 Opening Show from Johnson City on soundboard on Across Country Vol 2 so I think we will definitley see that released eventually. That was the show that Ernst attended so you know its got to be on his must have lists! I certainly hope so anyways.