Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12/12/76 - Las Vegas

Thanks Brad for that one!! There has got to be one video of the last SONG SOMEWHERE out there. There were these people from Japan sitting next to us with these fancy cameras - WHERE ARE THEY?????????????? I have looked for 31 years!!!!

OK - I'M GETTING OLD AND I'M ALMOST DESPERATE TO FIND THIS!!! If anyone can find the last song at the last show in Vegas that shows me on top of a table getting a scarf - you can have one of my scarves. Now, that's how desperate I am!!!!!!

Forever Best Friends

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Glad you like the video Gail if i come across it you'll be the first person i get in touch with.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    There were these people from Japan sitting next to us with these fancy cameras - WHERE ARE THEY?????????????? I have looked for 31 years!!!!

They probably took the video they have of you back home and created "ElvisWorldJapan. Then they all sat around and had a good laugh at the crazed American girl.

Makes you wonder what those japanese fans did with the videos, sure would love it if they decided to release it. Could the video i posted from closing night 12-12-76 possibly be filmed by them? One can only hope more footage from the show is out there somewhere.

Coming On Strong
    i was there, too. i was in the balcony. on leave from the navy. i flew in from hawaii just to see elvis and yeah, to see my family for christmas, too. still have my leave papers.
    btw, this is the first and only hilton show where tickets were issued with seat assignments. altho i know many didn't adhere to it. but like i said, i was stuck in the balcony. i did not pick that. that's what i got in the mail.

little did i know that would be the last time i would see him.

i do believe larry patrick has footage from the show.
    check out:
    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/king_video/kvh.htm

glad that video is up on you tube. i was stunned to watch it. i just can't remember anything visually from that show, but i remember the songs! i have the 'black diamond' bootleg on cassette.

oh, i have a picture of the show and it was taken by JN Kilpatrick.
    Last edited by vivalasvegas; 06-23-2008 at 04:51 PM.
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

Let's have a swingin' time!

www.astarforelvis.com

Elvis Presley on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post
    i was there, too. i was in the balcony. on leave from the navy. i flew in from hawaii just to see elvis and yeah, to see my family for christmas, too. still have my leave papers.
    btw, this is the first and only hilton show where tickets were issued with seat assignments. altho i know many didn't adhere to it. but like i said, i was stuck in the balcony. i did not pick that. that's what i got in the mail.

little did i know that would be the last time i would see him.

i do believe larry patrick has footage from the show.
    check out:
    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/king_video/kvh.htm

glad that video is up on you tube. i was stunned to watch it. i just can't remember anything visually from that show, but i remember the songs! i have the 'black diamond' bootleg on cassette.

oh, i have a picture of the show and it was taken by JN Kilpatrick.
    WOW - you were there too!! Do you remember anything unusual about 2 overly excited fans during Can't Help Falling In Love?????

Forever Best Friends

Coming On Strong
    what amazes me is i thought i remembered the show, but i don't. i ve been corrected at Elvis Insiders.

i evidently have a strong memory of some other show i saw in the balcony (march 75)

so, i m sorry, i don't remember ... with your story you would think that would be memorable!

that's why i m interested in getting a video of the show.

i saw elvis 25 times and some of it is just jumbled up...
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

www.astarforelvis.com

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post
    what amazes me is i thought i remembered the show, but i don't. i ve been corrected at Elvis Insiders.

i evidently have a strong memory of some other show i saw in the balcony (march 75)

so, i m sorry, i don't remember ... with your story you would think that would be memorable!

that's why i m interested in getting a video of the show.

i saw elvis 25 times and some of it is just jumbled up...
    Oh, this is PonyupGirl from the Insiders. I think that was me on the insiders that had the discussion with you about the last show. Like you, I am very interested in getting a video of that show. I saw Elvis just as many times and there are some that I hardly recall...sad but true. Wish I had written the stories down after each show but I guess we live and learn.

Forever Best Friends

Coming On Strong
    yep, i changed names to come over here. seemed more appropriate to have a vegas theme . my major focus has been to promote the star for elvis here in vegas.
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

www.astarforelvis.com

Great Pics..thank you

Too bad you guys weren't there for the Dinner Show on December 11th 1976. Priscilla and her parents were there for that one..and he sang My Way for her father...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    He seems like such a sweet man. You are so lucky Gail to have experienced all you did in the Elvis world!!! You and Rosanne have lived every Fan`s dream. I love all your stories. I could listen to them over and over. You keep sharing them to all you meet, People need to know how special he really was. Kim
    Thank you Kim...I appreciate that! It's fans like yourself that make me keep on telling the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Too bad you guys weren't there for the Dinner Show on December 11th 1976. Priscilla and her parents were there for that one..and he sang My Way for her father...
    Gail was there on the 11th...I don't know if it was the DS or the MS.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post

Wonder if it was the dinner or midnight show she attended, maybe she remembers Elvis introducing Priscilla. He says theres someone in the audience whom I love dearly and then introduces her..it was quiet sad as he sang My Way next. CD can be found the the Winter Season In Las Vegas CDR set vol 13

he seems fairly energetic there too
    thanks for the clips and the photos
    rick

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Here are some nice shots from this show, I have added some of the same, only slightly better quality

Elvis does look tired on these picture but does indeed seem in good spirits.
    This raises the question of how Elvis could look worse than he did in 1977 IMO?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12.12.76-1.jpg   12.12.76-2.jpg   12.12.76-3.jpg  

12.12.76-4.jpg  
    Last edited by Jumpsuit Junkie; 06-24-2008 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    These pictures are from December 11th afternoon show
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.12.76 - 1.jpg   11.12.76 - 2.jpg   11.12.76 - 3.jpg  

11.12.76 - 4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Wonder if it was the dinner or midnight show she attended, maybe she remembers Elvis introducing Priscilla. He says theres someone in the audience whom I love dearly and then introduces her..it was quiet sad as he sang My Way next. CD can be found the the Winter Season In Las Vegas CDR set vol 13
    I think he also sang "Reconsider Baby" at the show with Priscilla and her parents. I read that somewhere.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Just in case Gail went to the MS here are some from that one to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.12.76  MS - 1.jpg   11.12.76  MS - 2.jpg   11.12.76  MS - 3.jpg  

11.12.76  MS - 4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    I think he also sang "Reconsider Baby" at the show with Priscilla and her parents. I read that somewhere.
    Yes he did perform the song, but got lost in it, forgetting much of the lyrics, nice attempt though.

Matt those are some of the most beautiful photo's I've seen they are Superb and so is the quality of them. Not to often you find photo's from this engagement in such great quality. Hats off to you !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast