Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A View from the Hilton

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Yeah, except he was a little higher since he was on the top floor.
    Wow, that is pretty cool to think about elvis saw that exact same thing when staying at the Hilton. More photo's are most definitley welcomed.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Looking from just about the same area this shows the Landmark to be to the left of the front door. And this was taken from the pool area.

Forever Best Friends

Looking from just about the same area this shows the Landmark to be to the left of the front door. And this was taken from the pool area.
    Excellent stuff Gail i really enjoy these!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post

wow, i see the stardust and the riv in the distance. just to the right of the border, would have been the landmark.
    and , the gas station that is right on paradise road? on the bottom corner of that piece of desert sand? IT'S STILL THERE.
    No, the Landmark was to the left of the border. Actually..the Landmark was just about where that red stain is on the left border. I have some pics taken from our rooms that actually show the hotel. I remember going to the Landmark one night for dinner and the show and it made me see instantly how luxurious and swanky the Hilton was in comparison. If you were on Paradise Road you went past the Landmark on your left, then you turned right into the entrance of the Hilton.

Thumbs up

Here's a few more photo's i have of the hilton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic455.jpg   pic482.jpg   pic454.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Here's a few more photo's i have of the hilton.
    The marquee sign is from August of 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    The marquee sign is from August of 1972.
    Thanks for that information. that vegas stand is one of my most favorites, really enjoy listening to those shows from august 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Thanks for that information. that vegas stand is one of my most favorites, really enjoy listening to those shows from august 72.
    Back in the day Vegas didn't have these overblown "theme" Hotels like they do now....it was very different. To see the ELVIS marquee at night would literally give me goosebumps!

To see the ELVIS marquee at night would literally give me goosebumps!
    Ah what that would have been like...

Back in the day Vegas didn't have these overblown "theme" Hotels like they do now....it was very different. To see the ELVIS marquee at night would literally give me goosebumps!
    I would usually get there at night after doing the evening drive across the desert...It was cool and exciting to watch the billboards...getting closer and closer to Vegas....but I agree with you Rosanne....seeing the ELVIS marquee would send the heart into absolute pitter patter mode!!!!

Funny looking back now....I remember seeing a really COOL COMET on one of the drives across the desert... in the dark of night when you could see so many stars...
    but that comet didn't compare in the least to the ELVIS marquee!!!!!!!!!

I also remember on one of my last trip across the desert...My fiancee' (now hubby) wanted to impress me...so borrowed his boss's brand new Mercedez...On the way home we hit a bad desert sand storm and it pitted the **** out of that brand new Mercedez windshield.... Seems funny now but back then the fiancee' was mortified what was he going to tell his boss.
    Strange the stuff that comes back to my head when remembering those wonderful Vegas years.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

I look back at these old pics and forget how HUGE everyone's cars were back in the 70's. As my kids say..."it looks like you were driving boats down the road."
    I agree. We used to call them land yachts. LOL
    America has contributed four things to the world that are really unique: Baseball, Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse and Elvis Presley. And only one of them is human - - Jerry Hopkins - "Elvis" - A Biography.

Coming On Strong
    tell you what... i ll be going to the hilton again soon.
    i ll take shots from the 3rd floor pool deck and show you what it looks like today.

and a view from the 29th floor, right under where the suite would have been.

and more.

i think that will certainly enhance the perspective
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

Let's have a swingin' time!

www.astarforelvis.com

Elvis Presley on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars

Enhance what?

Forever Best Friends

I loved the pics!! When (in which year) was it named Hilton by the way? Because its first name was International.

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    I loved the pics!! When (in which year) was it named Hilton by the way? Because its first name was International.
    "The International Hotel was sold to Hilton Hotels Corporation in 1970 and renamed the Las Vegas Hilton in 1971" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Vegas_Hilton

Some Elvis Vegas timelines.....
    http://www.vegas.com/elvis/timelinearticles.html

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Coming On Strong
    Enhance what?
    the difference between then and now. and where everything is located.
    Last edited by vivalasvegas; 06-24-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

www.astarforelvis.com

Coming On Strong
    kirk kerkorian sold the international to the hilton corp coz he needed money to build the MGM. the MGM is now called Bally's. (corner of flamingo and the strip)

the new MGM was built (i think) by the movie company (this is corner of trop and the strip)

crazy vegas!
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

www.astarforelvis.com

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post
    kirk kerkorian sold the international to the hilton corp coz he needed money to build the MGM. the MGM is now called Bally's. (corner of flamingo and the strip)

the new MGM was built (i think) by the movie company (this is corner of trop and the strip)

crazy vegas!
    I remember Kirk Kerkorian . He's an interesting man.
    Has done a lot in his time.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12