Thread: Favorite "Concert" At the moment

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Favorite "Concert" At the moment

Thought this would be a cool thread. I just got Hot August Night madison in the mail today with some movies and have been playing this baby all day long. Nice, laid back strong as ever show from August 12th 1972 Midnight show. So that's the show I've been playing often these days, well today that is, the only day I've had the CD
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    My favorite concert at the moment still has to be FORT WORTH show from 6/3/76 featured in the ROCKIN' ACROSS TEXAS FTD book/CD set!! Just an excellent, no-nonsense show from start to finish with some OUTSTANDINGLY STRONG performances!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post
    My favorite concert at the moment still has to be FORT WORTH show from 6/3/76 featured in the ROCKIN' ACROSS TEXAS FTD book/CD set!! Just an excellent, no-nonsense show from start to finish with some OUTSTANDINGLY STRONG performances!!!

TCB!
    Mike
    Still haven't gave that a listen to yet Mike, I have it though and I will say I love sitting down and enjoying a fine soundboard recording from 1976..That's just what I like !!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Any of the MSG shows.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

TCB!
    Mike
    I agree with you Mike...I was at that show. In fact, that was the next to the last time that I would see him.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I agree with you Mike...I was at that show. In fact, that was the next to the last time that I would see him.
    I can only imagine what an AWESOME show that must have been to see, based on the audio!!!! He is just in a great mood from start to finish, and the versions of some of those songs is just amazing....AND I LOVE YOU SO, YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN....even the usual throw-a-way songs like JAILHOUSE ROCK were given an extra little something during that show! Just an amazing show to listen to....LOVE IT!!!

You wouldn't happen to have photos from the show, would you Rosanne?? If so, I would LOVE to see them!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

TCB!
    Mike
    This is a great CD, I just love the version of Big Boss Man from the June 19, 1974 show in Amarillo.. outstanding!

The 76 show delivers a great version of Polk Salad Annie
    and a kick *** 70's feel

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    To answer the question my favourite show(s) are from the FTD 'I Found My Thrill'... I love the fact there are some tracks on there that Elvis was doing back in 1970 like 'Sweet Caroline' & 'You've Lost That Lovin Feelin' and I just love the version of 'My Baby Left Me'. This shows Elvis was up for it in the early part of 1974

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    To answer the question my favourite show(s) are from the FTD 'I Found My Thrill'... I love the fact there are some tracks on there that Elvis was doing back in 1970 like 'Sweet Caroline' & 'You've Lost That Lovin Feelin' and I just love the version of 'My Baby Left Me'. This shows Elvis was up for it in the early part of 1974
    You are 100% right J.J...that is an excellent show as well, especially with the return of songs like SWEET CAROLINE and YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN' FEELIN' as you pointed out. Plus the encore of LET ME BE THERE is another great bonus!!!

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I agree with you Matt, i just love on you've lost that love and feeling when elvis goes baby i get down on my knees for you, I just love the way tutt is handeling the drums on that part. These shows were really good, i think elvis was rejuvenated because he had been in the hospital was admitted on November 15th 1973 that Monday and stayed there with linda thompson for 2 weeks there. after that he had those stax sessions in december cutting 18 masters that Felton could to deliver to RCA, and i think that reflected Elvis' happier and Healthier state at the time and it definitley carried into the Jan/Feb engagement of 1974 and for sure into the march 1974 all those shows are some of my favorites EVER ! Imo those shows match the same intensity atleast vocal wise of that from 1970.

As of right now my favorite show goes to November 10th 1971 Boston One Night Only From Madison..its been awhile since I played this show and boy is it Kick *** just love it!! The first half of the show is a little bit loose with some goofin around by Elvis but after the band intro's it was s singing clinic with not much messing around at all.