Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable!!!

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Does that mean I need to write a book?
    Sure but i want 25 percent of the profits you make off of it for giving you this information.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Sure but i want 25 percent of the profits you make off of it for giving you this information.

Forever Best Friends

For someone that goes by the name of Col. I guess this would be a pretty good deal - you're not living up to your reputation!!!! I surely would have thought you would have insisted on 50%!!!

Forever Best Friends

OMG Gail, I don't know what I was thinking! I went to bed late last night and woke up too early and am still half asleep. I was visualizing VHS tapes not cassettes and my main interest was to see what Elvis was wearing the night we saw him...and to see the show again. Silly me didn't connect that there is no video with a cassette so please don't copy it for me...but thanks so much for offering.

Brad, I'm going to try and find the notes I wrote down on the shows we saw and see exactly when we saw him in Oakland and Tahoe....thanks for the information you have.

Diane

That's pretty good then you have an unreleased show on your hands their Gail because every CD site ive checked has only the midnight show out on CDr and not the 10 pm show....you could possibly make a nice investment there if you have the the show tahts not been released. you should listen to them and see how the sound is !! there are labels such as Straight Arrow who focus on just audience recordings. i just checked once more on elvis crawler concert database and there is NO release of the 10 a clock show. looks like you have a pretty rare item then !!
    I have two tapes here - one says Elvis 5/10/73 (MS) Lake Tahoe and the othe says Tahoe - 5/10/73. I haven't listened to either one of them - maybe it's the same show and she had 2 copies? I'll listen later and find out.

Forever Best Friends

Diane-
    Go to Elvis-In-Concert.com
    Lots of good information there on all the shows.

Forever Best Friends

Thanks Gail, I was planning to do that as I still haven't come across the notes.

Diane

Which ones have video???

P.S.
    I would pay you to make me a copy of a few of those cassettes. How much would you want???

So far I've nailed down the Oakland show on Nov. 11, 1972 but still not sure about the Tahoe one in 1973. Both did start at 8:30pm

Diane

For someone that goes by the name of Col. I guess this would be a pretty good deal - you're not living up to your reputation!!!! I surely would have thought you would have insisted on 50%!!!
    That got me to thinking i still dont see why elvis would allow him to take 50 percent of the earnings..he was his own boss for crying out loud, he was the one briging in the money.

Diane-
    Go to Elvis-In-Concert.com
    Lots of good information there on all the shows.
    Try www.elvisconcerts.com

Fantastic site for the concert years or elvis crawlers concert database.
    http://elviscrawler.com/modules.php?...ncert_Database

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    So far I've nailed down the Oakland show on Nov. 11, 1972 but still not sure about the Tahoe one in 1973. Both did start at 8:30pm

Diane
    I'm still not understanding what you mean when you say both shows started at 8:30 hows that possible.? *is confused*

I have two tapes here - one says Elvis 5/10/73 (MS) Lake Tahoe and the othe says Tahoe - 5/10/73. I haven't listened to either one of them - maybe it's the same show and she had 2 copies? I'll listen later and find out.
    Ok listen to the Midnight show and go to the elvis-in-concert page and and see if the songs that are on the shows match to that of whats listed on the concert database.

Ok here is the setlist for the 10 pm show (both elvisconcerts.com and elvis crawler.com has it ;listed for that time.

2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me Tender / Help Me Make It Through The Night / You Gave Me A Mountain / Blue Suede Shoes / Heartbreak Hotel / Long Tall Sally - Mama Dont Dance - Whole Lotta Shakin - Shake Rattle And Roll / Hound Dog / Fever / What Now My Love / Suspicious Minds / Band Introductions / Ill Remember You / I Cant Stop Loving You / Bridge Over Troubled Water / A Big Hunk Of Love / Cant Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

And heres the setlist for the midnight show.
    2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me Tender / Steamroller Blues / Help Me Make It Through The Night / You Gave Me A Mountain / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin - Flip Flop And Fly / Im Leavin / Hound Dog / Fever / What Now My Love / Suspicious Minds / Band Introductions / Ill Remember You / I Cant Stop Loving You / Bridge Over Troubled Water / A Big Hunk Of Love / Cant Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

All you have to do is listen to the shows and compare the songs that are on the tapes to these setlist to see which show is what !!

Those are the shows - have both of them! I listened to 8/3/69 last night and OMG it was wonderful!!!

Forever Best Friends

Those are the shows - have both of them! I listened to 8/3/69 last night and OMG it was wonderful!!!

Very cool, unreleased show, and you own it, kuto's to you

Those 69 shows were pretty darn good i''ll agree with you there!

Have you heard the one where he says 3 or 4 times "kiss my wife and touch my momma"??

Forever Best Friends

Have you heard the one where he says 3 or 4 times "kiss my wife and touch my momma"??
    What show is that from, date please?
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

What show is that from, date please?
    8/3/69 - great show!!

Forever Best Friends

Hmm interesting, Elvis-in-concert shows that the CD released by Baxter called Opening Night 1969 soundboard recording is the show actually from August 3rd 1969.

That's what is written on the tape case. All these tapes have the location, dates and a list of the songs are written on the little covers in the cases. She was very organized to say the least!!

Forever Best Friends

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast