Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live a Little, Love a Little (1968)

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar

Live a Little, Love a Little (1968)

LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE

Theatrical-Release: 1968
    Studio: MGM
    Director: Norman Taurog
    Producer: Douglas Laurence
    Film Length: 90 mins
    Colour/B&W: Colour

Cast:

Greg - Elvis Presley
    Bernice - Michele Carey
    Mike Landsdown - Don Porter
    Penlow - Rudy Vallee

Story:

Elvis plays a young photographer with two jobs: one as a photographer for a conservative publisher, Rudy Vallee, and one as photographer for a girlie magazine, published by Don Porter.

It's funny seeing Elvis running around, up and down staircases to divide his time between the two jobs.

Michele Carey plays a weird but beautiful model who wants a serious relationship with Elvis.

Despite the fact the story isn't that great, this movie is fun to watch. The soundtrack is very nice as well.

Behind The Scenes:

The screenplay was based on Dan Greenburg's novel "Kiss My Firm But Pliant Lips".
    This was also a working title for this movie.

Vernon Presley appears in this movie, as an extra sitting at a table.

Albert, the great Dane, was played by Brutus, one of two dogs actually owned by Elvis.

Songs:

Wonderful World
    Almost In Love
    Edge Of Reality
    A Little Less Conversation

Related Links:

Pictures: www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=79&userid=

Movie Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPiZiFZf2AM&feature=PlayList&p=5A0031EEE4A 7B506&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=50"]YouTube- Elvis Presley - Live A Little, Love A Little (1968)[/ame] (Clip from the movie)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCw5_MCMLKU"]YouTube- Live A Little, Love A Little - Original Trailer 1968[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails livealittle.jpg  
    Last edited by Sonny; 11-28-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Updated,

Sonny

i really like this film,always have .i think it has something to do with michelle carey co-staring.but seriously i think the songs are great and elvis never looked better
    LETS BE FRIENDS!

this is one of my least favourite elvis film. he looks great but apart from edge of reality i feel really embarrassed for him. the woman is soo annoying and i find the plot ridiculous. if it didnt have elvis in i would throw it in the bin... but he makes it ok to watch. the only other film i disliked nearly as much was double trouble. i love him...

Love This One

One of my favorite
    Very enjoyeble, fun, great songs , and Elvis looks great with his suits!
    LIOR

video clip...

here's A Little Less Conversation re-mix video clip...
    click on the picture or link below...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/247653360...rsation_-_tnt/

franny

The Little Less Conversation Video Clip was surely one of the best ones that I have seen. Really loved and enjoyed it.... thanks for posting it. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

You're welcome, Dovey...
    I'm happy you enjoyed it!

franny

Absolutely great, Frances!

Thanks!

Sonny

THANKS Franny

Elvis-fan

You're both welcome, Sonny and Elvis-fan!
    I'm happy you liked it! It's a great song!

franny

Live A Little, Love A Little

This has to be one of the worst movies Elvis made. Aside from the songs, I thought it was terrible. Elvis looks like he's half embarrassed to be in it, and half fumbling his way through a non existent plot. Michele Carey was his worst female co-star by far....I'd rather watch Shelley Fabares, Nancy Sinatra, or Ann-Margaret any day. Her character is ridiculous and has no depth to it.....at least the characters played by the other female co-stars I mentioned had some spunk and vitality to them. The best and certainly the most redeeming aspects of the film are "Edge Of Reality" and "A Little Less Conversation". Excluding "The Trouble With Girls (And How To Get Into It)", this is my least favorite movie.

A Little Less Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    here's A Little Less Conversation re-mix video clip...
    click on the picture or link below...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/247653360...rsation_-_tnt/

franny
    Despite the cool song, the video is as strange as the movie......I thought this video was much better.....

http://www.zippyvideos.com/824898387...way_down_-tnt/

Live A Little, Love A Little

Quote Originally Posted by elpfan View Post
    I do agree that E did not seem "comfortable" in this film, but he looked great and I think he did the best he could with the material. I just like the film because it had a funky quality, in keeping with that time.

I know Michele Carey's gotten a lot of criticism from fans, and I don't know why - her character was odd, no doubt, but I think she was very pretty and they made a handsome couple. I will say, though, that I've only seen her in two other acting gigs: in "El Dorado" with John Wayne, just prior to LALLAL and her voice in that was not nearly as exaggerated as in the Elvis film, and the other was in "Gunsmoke", some time after LALLAL and she acted basically the same, kind of one-dimensional.

"Edge of Reality" is a really good tune - strange dream sequence, a stand-out in the film for sure.

Another comment: Shelley was his best co-star, but Nancy Sinatra, imo, is about as one-dimensional, no talent as it gets - especially to have had such an extraordinarily talented father. And I don't like AM because of all the dramatics she's displayed over the years about Elvis and Priscilla.
    "E did not seem "comfortable" in this film" would be an understatement at best, he looked very ill at ease, and not happy at all with the "non-plot".....I can just imagine how glad he must have been to get off the set after a particular scene was done. I just feel so sad for him every time I see this film, he was ready to move on, yet Col. Parker and Hollywood shoved this piece of garbage down his throat.I think your saying this movie is "funky" is sort of strange.....it doesn't fit in with other movies of the time, like "Alice's Restaraunt" or The Monkees' movie "Head"....now that's a great film.
    Michelle Carey according to what you have explained, didn't have a lot of acting experience. I think the folks who made the movie hired her because she had a nice body. Elvis and Shelley made a much more handsome couple I think. And she was much more talented.
    I thought Nancy Sinatra was great. I was always kind of disappointed that she and Elvis didn't do another movie.....especially with her popularity at the time. As for Ann-Margaret, what "dramatics" has she displayed over the years about Priscilla and Elvis?
    "Edge Of Reality" was indeed a classic....and was about as far as Elvis got into the field of pyschedlia......lol......excluding maybe "High Heel Sneakers". I'd love to find pics of him in that silver suit from the "Edge Of Reality" sequence though!
    Last edited by vulcandude; 01-12-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: misspelled words

Okay, it's late & I'm NOT a night person, so if I'm asking an obvious question, forgive me & be kind! LOL Is this movie on DVD yet? I'd love to add it to my fast-growing collection.

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

Smile Live a little, love a little

I want to buy me this movie soon. It sound very nice. And I?ve seen a picture of the movie, where Elvis is showering. That?s an other reason why I really want to see that movie. And because of the nice songs.

Updated with movie trailer.

Sonny

I actually quite like this movie, its great if you're looking for a bit of escapism from reality!! Who cares if the plot isnt fantastic, we can take some time out from real-life and just watch Elvis cavort around with cameras, big dogs and lots of cool suits! Personally thats my kind of film!!!!! And wasn't he just gorgeous!
    Life is beautiful, enjoy every second of it!! And don't forget to love!!

I saw this for the first time the other week, I enjoyed it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast