Thread: Elvis book

Elvis book

does anyone own this book? i'm thinking of buying it but was wondering if someone here owned it if they could give me some idea on how many non Aloha shots are in it.

ta
    http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod201.htm
    I never looked for trouble but I never ran.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Place sure is expensive isn't it. I just spend 140 dollars for sessions III and paid 55 dollars for shipping and now I find out they don't even have the book and have to order it and then send it to me

Oh well lol, thats off topic, anyways, the book looks great to my eyes just things are so expensive but I'm sure its worth the money
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

If the item is in stock it will have a box saying ticked saying in stock. I did the same thing you did. Have you looked at the Elviszilla site?

I agree they're a bit dear. I got Elvis Live in LA from Gracelands because even with paying $27 in postage $50dollars cheaper than Elvis Australia. But man they've got a good range of books.

I couldn't find Elvis Sessions 3 on their

And it's to late anyways, I'll just wait for mine to get here from Elvis Austrailia
    Last edited by Unchained Melody; 06-18-2008 at 03:54 AM.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Look on e-Bay for books, it's your best bet.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Looking at these books reminded me..I have ordered 68 at 40. It was a couple of months back..it won't come until August.

Ebay is great but the postage can be a killer or more often than not most of the sellers really don't want to post to Australia. I'm thinking of getting Thank You Very Much from Paul Lichter it's the same through his store as on his ebay site. Any one have that book?

Mad Tigers
    I have "Thank You Very Much". Most of the pics are bl/wh. as I recall, but amazing anyhow.

thanks Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Look on e-Bay for books, it's your best bet.
    You are SOOOOO right Tommy. Just need a little patience.

Rossie, that Elvis 40 At 68 looks like a must have !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Looking at these books reminded me..I have ordered 68 at 40. It was a couple of months back..it won't come until August.

Rosie, be sure to let us know about this book. It's one I had my eye on. Will have to check into it more seriously.

hounddog, I bought the Aloha book and was very pleased, but for 2 things:
    1) it wasn't large enough - it needed tons more pages , and Mr. Kizaki is a huge fan who seemed to be and still is in awe of Elvis [who isn't?].
    2) it is written in japanese and while most of the pages offer translations, there are more than a few pages at the end of the book that are not translated.

All of the photos are taken in Hawaii either on stage or during the press conference. There is a fabulous quote towards the end of the book:
    "His eyes were confident, his hair shining and black. He was just perfectly beautiful. From the front, from the back, from any angle, Elvis' beauty was almost beyond jealousy."

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post

Rosie, be sure to let us know about this book. It's one I had my eye on. Will have to check into it more seriously.

hounddog, I bought the Aloha book and was very pleased, but for 2 things:
    1) it wasn't large enough - it needed tons more pages , and Mr. Kizaki is a huge fan who seemed to be and still is in awe of Elvis [who isn't?].
    2) it is written in japanese and while most of the pages offer translations, there are more than a few pages at the end of the book that are not translated.

All of the photos are taken in Hawaii either on stage or during the press conference. There is a fabulous quote towards the end of the book:
    "His eyes were confident, his hair shining and black. He was just perfectly beautiful. From the front, from the back, from any angle, Elvis' beauty was almost beyond jealousy."
    Thanks for the review of the book. It is one I would like to track down someday.

thanks Lisarose, does it have many pics that are not from the aloha via sat show?

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    thanks Lisarose, does it have many pics that are not from the aloha via sat show?
    Big Oops, here! So sorry, but the book includes photos from the Nov 17,18 shows and the Nov 20 press conference. I don't know what I was thinking, but there it is. At the end of the book he has printed several of the newspaper articles, but of course, they are in japanese with no translations.

Again, my apologies.

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

thanks Lisarose

I really appreciate the details about the book. I will most likely by this one.

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    just looked this up on elvis.com.au and it's not available!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

gone already, that's where i found it, oh well guess i'll be looking on ebay

Thumbs up

After I get my next purchase which is all of Tunzi's books for a very high price paid off, 68 at 40 is on the must have list !!