Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Something For The Guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    In my opinion Elvis had far superior shows compared to Aloha.The 69 shows were of a higher quality.So were the 70 shows IMO.I think the MSG shows are better also.Elvis was performing at an incredible level from 69-72.He looks great in Aloha for sure.I just think the setlist is weak and I think vocally he was better the previous few years.
    I agree with you Jak, especially about the song list. You mention the level of the shows from 69 to 72, that's the point I was making earlier. I saw several shows a year, every year, and they became less and less physical as time went on. There is a YT video posted earlier about Steamroller Blues in 74. I don't see any sensational movement in the video...just Elvis kind of dancing around to the slow rhythmic beat. Go back to 1970..take a look at Patch It Up or Suspicious Minds. Now that's physical. It was always a discussion on the way home from seeing him, Vegas or concert show, that he was less and less physical every time.
    As for a set-list...I love the one from 08/06/1973

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Here's a little something for the guys!! I took this at the candlelight last year. I think she forgot her scarf!!!!

I thought you said that you never wanted anyone to see you dressed like that!!!

What you have in Aloha is a Vegas lounge act.That's what I dont like.His setlist is to mainstream and safe for my taste.His regular setlist was far superior.I didnt want Elvis to turn into a Vegas lounge act.He should have rocked the house.The show was very tame.
    Agreed...yes, he should have brought the house down. I wonder why the decision was made to keep it so middle-of-the-road. I'm sure people will think I'm nuts, but, songs such as I'll Remember You and It's Over were far from my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I thought you said that you never wanted anyone to see you dressed like that!!!
    There is but yet ONE PHOTO that will be BURNED before my death cause ya'll ain't gonna pass it around the internet for the next 50 years laughing your backsides off!!! Guess I'd better write EPE and ask them to go into their archives and send that one to be me too, huh????

Forever Best Friends

I would go to more ETA concerts if they all looked like the ones posted here.

I bet you would Jak!!!!

Forever Best Friends

That's an old image... I would preffer to don't mix Elvis with that ... female singer.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy56 View Post
    That's an old image... I would preffer to don't mix Elvis with that ... madame.

Somehow, I don't see Elvis minding.....lol
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy56 View Post
    That's an old image... I would preffer to don't mix Elvis with that ... female singer.
    What's an old image?

Forever Best Friends

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I encourage you to listen to his 1971 Boston show.The import is titled "One Night Only".Elvis tears it up.
    Ahh what a great import we have here from Madison didn't they do a superb job on upgrading the sound from the previous release of the show The Power Of Zazham released on the Captain Marvel JR Records.

Think that is going to be my next show to listen too. Right now got Tenessee Starlight from Febuary 19th 1977 playing through the headphones, man one of the best ever versions of My Way I've heard!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

What's an old image?
    I'm guessing the photo that Rossanne posted the girl in the white jumpsuit
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Bradley,
    Let me leave you with these - to keep you awake!!!

Me like. . . . .
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Me figured!!

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Ahh what a great import we have here from Madison didn't they do a superb job on upgrading the sound from the previous release of the show The Power Of Zazham released on the Captain Marvel JR Records.

Think that is going to be my next show to listen too. Right now got Tenessee Starlight from Febuary 19th 1977 playing through the headphones, man one of the best ever versions of My Way I've heard!

Tenn Starlight is a very good enjoyable show from 77.You have good taste for someone so young grasshopper.

Tenn Starlight is a very good enjoyable show from 77.You have good taste for someone so young grasshopper.
    Good point..that's what I was thinking as well. Col Barrows????? How did you become such a fan at such a young age??

Thanks for that Jeff, means alot coming from you.
    Last edited by Unchained Melody; 06-23-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Good point..that's what I was thinking as well. Col Barrows????? How did you become such a fan at such a young age??
    I was 11 Rossie, and my papa had just passed on and left my grandma living alone. So every day when i wasn't at school i would stay with her and keep her company like during summer breaks and on the weekends. One day we were talking about her life and my papa's and she told me how he was in memphis around the time elvis died and she had this really old newspaper the Commercail appeal one that reads in big letters Death Captures Crown Of Rock N Roll. i got to looking at it and it had some nice photos of elvis from july 5th 1976 in memphis his last concert there and i thought it was unreal how he changed so much. Then she told me she had this tape my papa had taped back in 2000 on tcm titled elvis that's the way it is special edition. I liked it alot, then i went home and my mom had these two really old rca cd's titled elvis presley the top ten hits and i remember everyday after school i would come home lay down and listen to those cds over and over. i remember really getting bummed out because on the last track which was burning love the cd started skipping and i heard the first about 10 seconds of it and it would stop. And after that I recall buying my first cds at walmart As Recorded at MSG and Aloha from Hawaii and one called Burning Love with the red disc. the stuff on there got me hooked for life and ever since then ive been a fan. I went through about a year or so kind of not doing anything containing elvis like bieng on forums collecting, etc but now im back harder than ever and its here to stay!

I encourage you to listen to his 1971 Boston show.The import is titled "One Night Only".Elvis tears it up.
    Since you suggested it, thats the concert I played for tonight..must say it is a pretty darn good show. After the band intro's like i said before he seemed more focused and not messing around. Love Jame's guitar sound on Proud Mary during the intro to the song. Bad to the bone!

Take me with you man.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSeeRider777 View Post
    Me like. . . . .
    Ginger Alden much more attractive man. least to my eyes anyways.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345