Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sandi Pichon story about elvis

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    [/b]
    Again !! Please show YOUR PROOF !
    And I DO read other things besides Peter Guarlnick !
    Again, if you read his work, for every claim, there is evidence to back it up and the source of that evidence. Much of his evidence comes from the files of EPE, itself. I have not read any other book that lists these sources. Peter didn't take claims from other books without substantiating his statements.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

I remember that too Gail and I too wonder why the MM get off so clean in these threads. Why aren't all their little fiascoes aired as well as Elvis'.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Again, if you read his work, for every claim, there is evidence to back it up and the source of that evidence. Much of his evidence comes from the files of EPE, itself. I have not read any other book that lists these sources. Peter didn't take claims from other books without substantiating his statements.
    The documents, please . I've read his books.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I remember that too Gail and I too wonder why the MM get off so clean in these threads. Why aren't all their little fiascoes aired as well as Elvis'.

Diane
    for the simple reason some don't like the say the mm did anything wrong and elvis was to blame for everything. maybe we all should ask the mm how stoned they were while living with elvis

Rosanne and I have been talking this morning. We have been reading books, magazines, fan club newsletters, etc. for 37 years by starting with "Elvis" by Jerry Hopkins!! It is sometimes hard to remember whether it was 72, 73 or if it was February or March. It's amusing how some people get so bent out of shape over an exact date!!
    However, I do need an exact date for when Priscilla and Elvis redecorated Graceland!!!! Anyone know this information?

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Rosanne and I have been talking this morning. We have been reading books, magazines, fan club newsletters, etc. for 37 years by starting with "Elvis" by Jerry Hopkins!! It is sometimes hard to remember whether it was 72, 73 or if it was February or March. It's amusing how some people get so bent out of shape over an exact date!!
    However, I do need an exact date for when Priscilla and Elvis redecorated Graceland!!!! Anyone know this information?
    [B]FROM LARRY KING INTERVIEW [/B

]KING: Did you have anything to do with all of his building and everything?

P. PRESLEY: No, not here. Not here at all. This was actually exactly the way it was when I arrived at Graceland. And there was a woman named Helen Cooper, who was a decorator that his mother really liked. And this is what they chose and this is what Elvis felt really comfortable in.

KING: Now, as I understand, he redecorated it several times.

P. PRESLEY: Well, he didn't redecorate this area that much. It was more downstairs that he decorated. And he did do a little bit, after I left, actually, he redid it into a red color. He did not like it that much at all, so that's why we went and put it back to the original, the way he always loved it and the way he lived with it when he was (INAUDIBLE).
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Thanks Cameron. I know the red was done in 1974 and the pool room was done in 74. I'm wondering when the peacocks were put in?

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Diane
    It's just because nobody cares Diane.Nobody expects anything from them or has any preconceived image.Elvis is a totally different ballgame.His image is so different from the reality.Elvis was the idol not them.That's why Elvis' behaviour is so shocking.He was seen as Mr Perfect for so many years.His image was closely guarded and nobody cultivated that image more than Elvis himself.That's why people are so fascinated by his private life.

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Actually, I think the Hycodan happened at the end of Lake Tahoe engagement in 1971, which is very scary b/c if that date is correct, it would prove a very frightening pattern earlier than 1973, when it happened more than once.
    Google will show it as September of 73. "Down at the End of Lonely Street" shows it as "shortly before the divorce became final", which of course was October 0f 73.

I understand that Jak and I don't dispute a lot of what the MM said about Elvis but I keep being left feeling that it's all one-sided. The pot calling the kettle black and all that. I also feel that had it been one of the MM in Elvis' place and Elvis just a bodyguard that he wouldn't have gone public with all the dirt on his employer. I'm sure he would have said things to a group of friends or family as we all do, but I still feel they went way beyond what they should have while claiming to love him.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I was reading that elvis used to take anita's tanning pills so l believe he was already enjoying what pills could do to you. Elvis used to take take them without her knowing.
    Tanning pills were around back then?

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/elnews163.htm

Graceland Living Room

The 15-foot custom built sofa in Graceland's living room was originally blue metallic and cost $1,375 in 1957. Elvis would later have it recovered in white. The stained glass peacock panels between the living room and music room, the stained glass windows around the mansion front door and the stained glass fixtures over the pool table in the basement were added to Graceland in October 1974. The work was done for Elvis by Laukhuff Stained Glass Company of Memphis for a cost of $9,345.

Stained glass peacock windows styled after those found at Graceland are available at Shop Elvis.

Thanks Cameron! OK - can you find anything on Graceland being redecorated around 1971????

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Ken
    Those around Elvis would have had far greater insight to his problems that we do.They would have known if Elvis had serious issues.Im going to have a hard time expressing this next comment.To me Elvis was like a child.He was somewhat of a big baby if you will.I think if he had serious legitamate health issues that warranted those drugs he would have let everyone know.He wasnt the type to suck it up and go it alone.I always maintain that Elvis got hooke don drugs just because his recreational use spiraled out of control.It's just that simple.
    I see what you are saying, but from my own life I know I have been less than honest with my family and close friends about health issues. Some health issues are embarrassing to discuss, with most people I do not want to appear "weak or unmanly" I have divertriculitis-its not something I tell people about because it is embarrassing, but it can be painful and send you to bed (or the hospital) my kids & brothers do not even know that I have it. I have high blood pressure and have had since I was 17-so I can not hide that. My heart skips beats-and its from stress- had tests in 1981 and after all was said and done they said I needed to learn to take life in stride-gave me medicines to help (which I now try to take only as a last resort) I grew up hard, and it has taken a toll on me I'm a nervous, tense type who is pretty much waiting for the other shoe to drop 50% of the time. Don't sleep well. But most people would tell you I'm easy going and mellow-I don't want them to know I worry about a little of everything- I can not help it its in my genes and my early life.(my Grandma use to tell me she worried about things which might not happen for 10 years God rest her soul) But I don't want those who see me day in and out to think-I am...............unusual or odd. I don't want them to say "poor guy" because guys are suppose to be strong, firm, decisive.
    So from my perspective I can see how somethings may have not been known by the guys around ELvis. To admit you have health issues(mental or physical) is to admit weakness. No man wants anyone to think they are weak
    or less than a man. That is where I come from in my thoughts. I am not suppose to be the man, "ELVIS" was, I have nothing to live up to, yet I can not even at 53 admit to those close around me things which I am afraid they will perceive as weak.
    In a way this board allows me to come clean-without facing each person- in person. It is theraputic I think. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    That was uncalled for Cameron.

The fact is Jak much of the stuff Elvis took was for his own pleasurel. The man had a PDR that was updated EVERY SINGLE MONTH. If that isn't someone who is obsessed with drugs then I don't know what is.
    I still maintain he thought there was a drug or treatment for any ill. Most of the MM have said as much. The PDR is a manual of legal prescription drugs-doctors, hospitals, nurses and even patients use(my mom use to get one once a year) to understand what drugs will help what ailments and to describe the benefits and hazards of each drug. Now today in 2008 we see commercials daily which proclaim the benefits of the new miracle drugs which will help control nearly anything you can name. Each one also gives you a rundown of the side effects and hazards. Back in the 40s and 50s the hazards or side problems were rarely discussed or stressed. You were led to believe that "prescription drugs were our friends" the age of miracle cures and medicines had begun. Different times, differing views of what is good for you and what is bad. Speed was the main ingredient in diet pills it wasn't until the mid 60s that doctors began to be a little more discriminating it giving them our like candy. Can't sleep a doctor would say "I have just the thing for you" (Still do)
    It is easy for me to see how you can believe if it comes from a physician-if it is in the PDR-it is for your benefit and use for what ever ailment you think you have. (or you actually do have) If you are sad, if you are bored, if you are uneasy, depressed anxious, nervous and don't know why-naturally you want it to stop-" So Hey there must be something for that" Doctors hand this stuff out at the drop of the hat. So If you are one who does think "a pill for every ill" it is easy to get and just as easy to believe its Okay. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I see what you are saying, but from my own life I know I have been less than honest with my family and close friends about health issues. Some health issues are embarrassing to discuss, with most people I do not want to appear "weak or unmanly" I have divertriculitis-its not something I tell people about because it is embarrassing, but it can be painful and send you to bed (or the hospital) my kids & brothers do not even know that I have it. I have high blood pressure and have had since I was 17-so I can not hide that. My heart skips beats-and its from stress- had tests in 1981 and after all was said and done they said I needed to learn to take life in stride-gave me medicines to help (which I now try to take only as a last resort) I grew up hard, and it has taken a toll on me I'm a nervous, tense type who is pretty much waiting for the other shoe to drop 50% of the time. Don't sleep well. But most people would tell you I'm easy going and mellow-I don't want them to know I worry about a little of everything- I can not help it its in my genes and my early life.(my Grandma use to tell me she worried about things which might not happen for 10 years God rest her soul) But I don't want those who see me day in and out to think-I am...............unusual or odd. I don't want them to say "poor guy" because guys are suppose to be strong, firm, decisive.
    So from my perspective I can see how somethings may have not been known by the guys around ELvis. To admit you have health issues(mental or physical) is to admit weakness. No man wants anyone to think they are weak
    or less than a man. That is where I come from in my thoughts. I am not suppose to be the man, "ELVIS" was, I have nothing to live up to, yet I can not even at 53 admit to those close around me things which I am afraid they will perceive as weak.
    In a way this board allows me to come clean-without facing each person- in person. It is theraputic I think. Thank you all.

I can so understand your post here!! My husband is about to turn 50 and back in 2004 he was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is not JUST arthritis - it is a life changing disease and can be crippling!! If you want the truth about the way it affects your body, the medicines, the pain - JUST ASK ME!! If you want the other version just ask my hubby! He too, has a hard problem admitting there's physical limitations now and even thought he few months ago he could just get off all his medicine cause he could control it with his "thinking"!! Well, if you could have seen him having trouble getting out a chair, walking, putting on his shoes - you would see just how it really affects you. Like you, his brother and sister have no idea what kind of shape he's really in. And, yes, he would probably choke me with a wire coat hanger if he knew I was putting all this out here.
    I had read in an interview with Dr. Nick several years back that looking back on Elvis now he thinks he probably had rheumatoid arthritis. Sounded reasonable to me cause it causes a lot of the same physical issues he was dealing with. There are some who would just like to think it was just the drugs but maybe there really was a reason why he turned to the drugs. I surely don't know the answer to that but wish I did! I do know how the bad the pain is after watching my hubby with it though.

Forever Best Friends

You are more than welcome Ken. A lot of us do the same and it is a good outlet here. I myself like people who show they are human and sometimes vulnerable.

I have a tendency to open myself too wide and have been stabbed again and again but you know what? It hurts less every year because I've come to realize that it's the stabber who is lowdown not the petty human failings I have.

Diane

TCB Mafia
    I get so sick and tired of reading about the blessed drug use! -snip- Sorry - just had enough of the drug crap again and had to vent!

I have, too.

It's the same thing over and over and over and over!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I have, too.

It's the same thing over and over and over and over!
    Let's just go to YouTube and watch "Have A Happy"...............

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    ---To admit you have health issues(mental or physical) is to admit weakness. No man wants anyone to think they are weak
    or less than a man.
    That is where I come from in my thoughts. I am not suppose to be the man, "ELVIS" was, I have nothing to live up to, yet I can not even at 53 admit to those close around me things which I am afraid they will perceive as weak.In a way this board allows me to come clean-without facing each person- in person. It is theraputic I think. Thank you all.
    I agree, Ken. Men were raised to think they must "handle" whatever life thows at them, or be considered "weak." There are some on here that appear to believe the same way.
    We all handle things differently. You are a much calmer, more sane person than I am. I just get mad while you explain things . That causes me to have a headache ,so I wish I could be more like you !
    Thank you for putting into better words what I never can !

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast