Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Actually, there is one incident where Elvis did stand up to the Colonel and it was during the Memphis sessions in '69 in regards to the recording of one of the songs (can't remember which one). I think he basically said, "I appreciate what you're trying to do but leave the session to me and Felton and Chips!".
    Yep, Tony I am aware that this is one of the rare times that Elvis stood up to the Col. The song was Suspicious Minds, b/c RCA knew that Chips Moman owned all of the recording rights and wouldn't give them up, and Elvis was finally fed up with all of the bickering and said "Get everyone out!"
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

That is one area where Elvis seemed to be very strong minded.....his music. He knew how he wanted to sound and he knew what he wanted the musicians to do and in the early days he darn near wore them out getting what he wanted.

But as for a lot of other issues in his life, it's called "conditioning" by his upbringing and a hard thing to break out of.

Diane

Loving elvis
    One thing l will say Thank godness elvis never let anybody stand in the way with his music!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying that Elvis was a wuss, a child, zombie or helpless. He was every bit a man.

He just chose to handle Col. Parker with inaction for reasons we can only guess. It remains a mystery.
    To me if Elvis stood idly bye shuffling his feet while he railroaded by the Col he was a wuss.Please dont get me wrong.I dont think he was.When it comes to the wedding I have to believe he had input as to best man etc.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    To me if Elvis stood idly bye shuffling his feet while he railroaded by the Col he was a wuss.Please dont get me wrong.I dont think he was.When it comes to the wedding I have to believe he had input as to best man etc.

If that was true red would of been there.

Loving elvis
    According to Billy smith it was the col doing that the boys weren't invited to the weddding cause it was small, but marty said it was big enough and that col invited who he wanted and Joe knew all this before everyone.

Information came from Revelations from the mm.

MissyM
    It was Pricilla herself getting impatient waiting for the wedding. One of the guys just married and she was jealous. Fearing the engagment was just a way to pacify her she told Elvis she was pregnant. Well there goes the stupid virgin story! But she wasn't. Then everyone waited for the baby to be born on it's due date but she was a no show. So everyone then knew she lied. Oldest trick in the book. Pregnancy is not 9 months. It is measured in days. Which sometimes can end up about months. Lisa was full term. So the date of conception would have been about May 11. She would have been born Jan 11, if she conceived on the wedding nite.
    After Cilla turned 18 and graduated that is most likely when they started having full on sex. She said they celebrated by staying holed up in their room for days. Daa what do you think they were doing? Elvis feared statutory rape charges so he would avoid that by them waiting. Cilla just moves the time lines of her stories. It was pattern with Elvis to have a sexual marathon when he first started having sex with women. (as documented by Linda)
    When the baby did not arrive on time Elvis felt betrayed.That is why there was no sex for 3 months. And the simple adjustment of her now being a mother.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    It was Pricilla herself getting impatient waiting for the wedding. One of the guys just married and she was jealous. Fearing the engagment was just a way to pacify her she told Elvis she was pregnant. Well there goes the stupid virgin story! But she wasn't. Then everyone waited for the baby to be born on it's due date but she was a no show. So everyone then knew she lied. Oldest trick in the book. Pregnancy is not 9 months. It is measured in days. Which sometimes can end up about months. Lisa was full term. So the date of conception would have been about May 11. She would have been born Jan 11, if she conceived on the wedding nite.
    After Cilla turned 18 and graduated that is most likely when they started having full on sex. She said they celebrated by staying holed up in their room for days. Daa what do you think they were doing? Elvis feared statutory rape charges so he would avoid that by them waiting. Cilla just moves the time lines of her stories. It was pattern with Elvis to have a sexual marathon when he first started having sex with women. (as documented by Linda)
    When the baby did not arrive on time Elvis felt betrayed.That is why there was no sex for 3 months. And the simple adjustment of her now being a mother.
    Sorry missy but everyone keeps saying it was the col that set it up. even says that in red and elvis converstaion togther and another thing l doubt very much priscilla trap elvis for godness sake she didn't want the child in the begining. According to lamer priscilla wasn't happy about the baby and she didn't want the baby that fast.
    I understand where your coming back but the books say different. careless love and revelations.
    Last edited by presley31; 06-17-2008 at 03:25 PM.

MissyM
    Yes, Col did set it up. There was no way Col. was going to have his meal ticket have his carreer ruined with scandal. And you think that her parents were going to let the cat out of the bag! Yes, Cilla dreamed of a big wedding but she got tired of waiting for it.
    But there are others who know and many who will never tell it. Believe what ever you want.

Cilla says they waited till their wedding nite. Hog wash, They waited till it was legal. She twists timeline with stories to suit.

Loving elvis
    Yes, Col did set it up. There was no way Col. was going to have his meal ticket have his carreer ruined with scandal. And you think that her parents were going to let the cat out of the bag! Yes, Cilla dreamed of a big wedding but she got tired of waiting for it.
    But there are others who know and many who will never tell it. Believe what ever you want.

Cilla says they waited till their wedding nite. Hog wash, They waited till it was legal. She twists timeline with stories to suit.
    From carless love:col said to charlie hodge that they could make money on wedding, so once again col had big doller sign in his eyes. As for there sex life well l doubt they had sex but did other stuff to pass the time and elvis got his rocks off elsewhere.
    Last edited by presley31; 06-17-2008 at 03:39 PM.

MissyM
    Why would you think they didn't have sex. She had an affair with her dance instructor which she admitted to finally. Saving herself for marriage...ahhh I don't think so. I hope your source isn't Cilla because she has changed her story so many times, how could anyone believe her!

Loving elvis
    Why would you think they didn't have sex. She had an affair with her dance instructor which she admitted to finally. Saving herself for marriage...ahhh I don't think so. I hope your source isn't Cilla because she has changed her story so many times, how could anyone believe her!
    its the books missy not hearsay and another thing elvis was messing around with nancy so they both had fooled around. Anita also stated she never had sex either with elvis or is she lying too?
    Last edited by presley31; 06-17-2008 at 04:27 PM.

MissyM
    What book? Some say differently. Some choose to believe it and once upon a time hold up her story. Now that she admitted the affair, no one is saying differently or making corrections. You do remember when Elvis had her followed and the guys caught her with her dance instructor right. They never went into detail about what they saw, but she admitted it. So obviously she was not a virgin at marriage. (like she originally said) What about the part where Elvis kids her when riding a horse about she might ruin her virginity? Did you read that part.

Loving elvis
    What book? Some say differently. Some choose to believe it and once upon a time hold up her story. Now that she admitted the affair, no one is saying differently or making corrections. You do remember when Elvis had her followed and the guys caught her with her dance instructor right. They never went into detail about what they saw, but she admitted it. So obviously she was not a virgin at marriage. (like she originally said) What about the part where Elvis kids her when riding a horse about she might ruin her virginity? Did you read that part.
    In the revelations elvis never knew about the dance teacher but he knew about mike stone

Careless love and revelations from the memphis mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    [/B]

If that was true red would of been there.
    That's my point.I feel something had to be going on and Elvis didnt include him for a reason.The Col wouldnt cross Elvis on his wedding day and leave somebody like Red out.There had to be some advance notice of plans.Did Elvis and Pris get their clothes off the rack at Sears?The cake at Kroger's?There had to be some advance planning that would have allowed Elvis to be involved.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    That's my point.I feel something had to be going on and Elvis didnt include him for a reason.The Col wouldnt cross Elvis on his wedding day and leave somebody like Red out.There had to be some advance notice of plans.Did Elvis and Pris get their clothes off the rack at Sears?The cake at Kroger's?There had to be some advance planning that would have allowed Elvis to be involved.
    Something seems off jak cause joe knew all about the wedding before anybody else and the col was busy planing the wedding. The sad part is none of the guys knew they weren't invited to the wedding till the day and thats when joe told them and red called joe everything under the sun.
    Last edited by presley31; 06-17-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Something seems off jak cause joe knew all about the wedding before anybody else and the col was busy planing the wedding. The sad part is none of the guys knew they weren't invited to the wedding till the day and thats when joe told them and red called joe everything under the sun.
    Agreed.I just still think Elvis had something to do with Red being left out.Generally speaking the people around Elvis liked to keep him happy.A docile Elvis made life easier for everyone.I cant see anybody on a big day like that willing to incurr Elvis' wrath and leave Red out.I think only Elvis could have made that descion.

Didn't this thing with being followed happened after they were married - like when he was filming the Comback Special?? I realize your connection to the Elvis story, but what is the source of this information? Seems like if she faked being pregnant, she certainly would have taken precautions once they were married since she didn't want a baby in the first place.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

In the revelations elvis never knew about the dance teacher but he knew about mike stone

Careless love and revelations from the memphis mafia.

I think I read somewhere that Elvis did know 'bout Priscilla's affair with her dance teacher.....

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Elvis did know 'bout Priscilla's affair with her dance teacher.....
    See what l mean tony, in other places its told different, talk about confusing

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast