Thread: elvis pic but what year

elvis pic but what year

hi just saw this pic in the gallery and it was posted by forevertheking and i just wondered if anyone knew which year it was from and if there are any more pics of elvis in this outfit i remember this was for a press conference or at least i think it was i remember seeing another pic of him in this outfit but can't remember the year and would love some more pics help much appreciated thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0000candidhuston.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    hi just saw this pic in the gallery and it was posted by forevertheking and i just wondered if anyone knew which year it was from and if there are any more pics of elvis in this outfit i remember this was for a press conference or at least i think it was i remember seeing another pic of him in this outfit but can't remember the year and would love some more pics help much appreciated thanks
    This was taken in 1970 at the end of February. This was at a press conference immediately after he landed in Houston for his first concert performance outside of Las Vegas. Actually, I read yesterday that the press conference was held at the airport.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

1970 at the Astrodome press conference I believe

ah i though it was early 70's thanks for the info he sure looked good at this time in his life and i love the outfit

I thought it was held at the Astrodome Hotel where he stayed.

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    I thought it was held at the Astrodome Hotel where he stayed.
    Yesterday I read this

"With only a couple of days break after this phenomenally successful season Elvis was 'back' amongst the mass audience before 207,494 fans in the next three days at the massive huge HOUSTON ASTRODOME arriving on Wednesday evening 25th February in Kirk Kerkorian's private DC-9 jet (owner of the International). Elvis departed to give the FAMOUS Press conference (right away in the lobby of the Houston air terminal where looking very elegant in white jerkin trousers and a red shirt. Elvis appeared jovial and in great spirits notable Elvis said he didn't consider himself strictly a country singer' and mentioned his Karate interest, Throughout Elvis's lips looks wet and he seems nervous at times, he jokes as sirens are heard outside snd his good natured appeal comes shining through to the fans outside the press room area who were tapping on the windows!"

But after he finished all of the concerts, this was written:

"Just before the final show on 1st March 1970 was a brief press conference again with Elvis wearing a two tone Western styled outfit, a waist coat dark patterned paisley scarf and a wide leather studded belt with a 'spokes' design on the buckle. The purpose of this 2nd press conference was to present Elvis with a selection of gifts and gold award discs for his 3 million selling singles: 'IN THE GHETTO', 'SUSPICIOUS MINDS,' and 'DON'T CRY DADDY' also 2 GOLD Albums: 'Elvis in person at the International Hotel in Las Vegas' and 'From Elvis in Memphis'. From the Rodeo officials Elvis received a King Midas Rolex watch worth $2.500 and a Texas Stetson hat! Finally Sheriff Buster Kern presented Elvis and Col. Parker with a highly collectable Gold deputy sheriff's badge. "
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Throughout Elvis's lips looks wet and he seems nervous at times, he jokes as sirens are heard outside snd his good natured appeal comes shining through to the fans outside the press room area who were tapping on the windows!"
    It appears that Elvis has vaseline in one corner of his mouth. Like you sometimes do if you have a fever blister. This entire interview was on Youtube a few months back, but much like evrything else on Youtube, the Elvis police got it.

These are a few photos of the concluding interview on March 1:

Last edited by ehollier; 06-12-2008 at 06:54 PM.

University of Memphis

I also found this picture and never paid attention to it until this thread:

University of Memphis

Yes, i remember that interview. I saw the Vaseline or whatever it was. Elvis had cold sores alot, probably from kissing women in the audience. LOL..no offence to the ladies on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    Yes, i remember that interview. I saw the Vaseline or whatever it was. Elvis had cold sores alot, probably from kissing women in the audience. LOL..no offence to the ladies on this site.
    None taken....at this point I had not yet kissed Elvis!! So....it was NOT me!!

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    None taken....at this point I had not yet kissed Elvis!! So....it was NOT me!!
    You haven't kissed Elvis yet? LOL. I think it's too late UtMom. Or is it? just kidding..no he's not alive?

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Never seen that photo of him on the airplane from 2-1970 very nice.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

yup never seen that photo of him on the airoplane and great pics of the concluding interview i remember seeing the interview but i could not remember the date thanks for all the info on this