Vince Everett - Elvis Presley
    Peggy Van Alden - Judy Tyler
    Hunk Houghton - Mickey Shaughnessy
    Mr. Shores - Vaughn Taylor
    Sherry Wilson - Jennifer Holden
    Teddy Talbot - Dean Jones
    Laury Jackson - Neyland
    Warden - Hugh Sanders

After accidentally killing a man during a bar-room fight, Elvis is arrested and send to state prison.
    His cellmate is Mickey Shaughnessy, who's a former folk singer. He is impressed by Elvis' singing talent and after doing a television show from prison Elvis and Mickey sign a contract to become partners after they're released from jail.

After he gets out of jail Elvis sings in a small bar, It's not a succesful performance but Judy Tyler, who works for a record company is interested in Elvis.
    She arranges for him to record a song and after it's been on the radio, it's no surprise Elvis becomes a teen-idol.
    Judy and Elvis form their own record company.

When Elvis is about to do a big television show, his old buddy Mickey arrives. He wants to be a partner on the show - considering their contract - but isn't very good at all.

It's not long before Elvis goes to Hollywood. He romances his leading lady and even decides to sell the record company!

He has a serious fight with Mickey, during which Mickey hits Elvis in the throat, resulting in Elvis losing his voice.
    But with Judy's love and Mickey's friendship, Elvis recovers and starts singing again.

Filming started at the MGM Studios in Culver City on May 13, 1957 and lasted until June 14.

Elvis was the one originating the now legendary "Jailhouse Rock" dance routine.

Elvis' co-star Judy Tyler and her husband George Lafayette were killed in a car crash in Wyoming on July 3, after the movie was completed. Elvis was devastated. Rumour has it that Elvis never watched "Jailhouse Rock" again.

"Jailhouse Rock" reached No.14 in Variety's annual top-grossing movie list.

Jailhouse Rock
    Treat Me Nice
    Young And Beautiful
    I Wanna Be Free
    Don't Leave Me Now
    (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care

Movie Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-_ZvyovDc"]YouTube - (HD) Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock ( trailer originale ) Il delinquente del Rock'n'Roll[/ame]

DVD review
    CD release
    Pictures: www.tcb-world.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=54&userid=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jailhouserock.jpg   jailhouserock2.jpg  
    Last edited by Sonny; 05-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Cadillac King
    See my comments on "Loving You". Same things apply.

Another very cool fifties movie.

Elvis played the part of a rebel very well (didn't he always played that in some way or another) but in his early days somehow he's more convincing.

Besides the "Jailhouse Rock" scene, choreographed by Elvis, it has some other classic scenes. Remember this?

Judy Tyler: "how dare you think such cheap tactics would work with me", with Elvis replying: "that ain't tactics honey, it's just the beast in me" after having kissed Judy Tyler. Cool stuff.

This one also has the benefit of some great co-actors: Judy Tyler, Mickey Shaughnessy, and a nice directing job by Richard Thorpe.

This movie is one of Elvis' best. There was once a colorized version of Jailhouse Rock.

Tommy

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Updated,

Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    This movie is one of Elvis' best. There was once a colorized version of Jailhouse Rock.

Tommy
    ....and I've seen it on TNT Classic Movies channel . I don't know if it exists anymore though...it was like 6 or 7 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    Judy Tyler: "how dare you think such cheap tactics would work with me", with Elvis replying: "that ain't tactics honey, it's just the beast in me" after having kissed Judy Tyler. Cool stuff.
    That scene gave me goosebumps

Very cool movie!
    I wouldn't like to see the coloured version not only because I don't like these kind of things (they did also with "Casablanca" and I hated it) but especially because I think this movie is perfect in b&w!
    The scene with Judy Tyler is incredible...his glance so sexy..!
    His role is fantastic...when you watch this movie (especially if you are a girl) you don't know if you'd like to slap him or jump over him.
    There are a lot of amazing and funny scenes...the scenes with Jennifer Holden or the scene with Mickey Shaughnessy and the dogs and many others....
    No doubt this is one of his best and one of my favourites!!!

Here's a video clip of Jailhouse Rock...
    click on the picture or link below...

franny

http://www.zippyvideos.com/246444800...ailhouse_rock/

Jailhouse Rock has always been my favorite Elvis Movie and the Video clip is also fantastic.. Love that Elvis!!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I love this video clip as well, Dovey, but for some reason I'm not crazy about the movie....It just wasn't my thing...

franny

This is my favourite, what a film,Elvis is so young but does a perfect job, fits him really well this film.Well worth having.x
    Elvis-Memories,Sweet Memories-Elvis

One of my favorite Elvis movies with a great storyline He did a great job with the acting and he looked amazing(as always, lol)
    I've seen the colorized version on TCM (Turner Classical Movies), it's good.
    Jailhouse Rock has GREAT soundtrack, I love it I love all of the songs in the movie.
    And as for "It's Just The Beast In Me" part, hehe, that takes my breath away! What a scene! lol

So sad about Judy Tyler and her husband , she was a good actress.

I like this one, but I wish I could see the colorized version. I really like the songs in this movie.

Updated with movie trailer.

Sonny

Of All This One Is My Favorite Together With King Creole They Are My Passion

I liked this movie but I'm not sure it was my favorite. I don't know if I have a favorite. I liked Loving You, King Creole, Blue Hawaii and Roustabout as much.

Nice clip Franny

Diane

I love Elvis' third movie "Jailhouse Rock"! Elvis danced and gyrated like noone ele before. Good looking and -most importantly- with decent acting talent. Elvis, in 1957 had more charisma than just about anyone else who ever lived. The perfect mix of innocence and rebelliousness!!
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

I have both the black&white and colourized versions of Jailhouse Rock.I do prefer the colourized version better.Give me Loving You anytime!
    The One and Only King of Rock'n'Roll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast