Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Lonely Life Ends on Elvis Presley Blvd

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post
    The way I see it, these folks are posthumously urging Elvis to be "normal" and mediocre.
    It seems they were very disappointed in their Idol.
    There was no room for understanding or forgiveness.
    He just didn't do as they expected him to do.
    So, they need to make sure no one forgets his mistakes.
    I'd hate to be held to the standards they inflict upon others.
    Makes one wonder how "perfect" or rigid their life is.

It's too late for Elvis to be "normal".
    IMO, it's these same folks that would never have paid any attention to him in the first place, if he was "normal" or mediocre .
    So, for his "differences" that drew them to him in the first place;
    he can never be forgiven because he didn't live up to their expectations.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

So is an Elvis MB a place to mainly point out flaws?

Saying something positive doesn't necessarily match up with blind worship.
    Havent you noticed that when his flaws are discussed there is usually a backlash?Even if it's the truth.Do you think his flaws are fair game for discussion?
    One thing amazes me about his fans.You had this guy Elvis.IMO no other entertainer ever shined as great or had so much promise.He was just bursting with energy and was full of life.On the outside he appeared to have the world in the palm of his hand.Im one of those who think he actually did by the way.Yet his outcome was basically horriffic when you consider how and why things turned out eventually.How does one ignore these things?Can the real fans just block it out?If I do my best to ignore the sun rising everyday does that make it so?I think many fans just cant accept that Elvis basically screwed up things for himself and they wont admit it.They cant.I just prefer to be honest and truthfull.Am I less of a fan than you "real" fans here?

Elvis Presley was mediocre many times.I dont think normal ever applied to him.

If Elvis was mediocre many a time, then I feel really close the ground. My life hasn't been a success-story so far. I didn't say you're less of a fan.

Sometimes you say something and people may get mad at you. It's okay: you take a chance getting up in the morning, crossing the street or sticking your face in a fan.

There ain't much I can add to Cameron's post though!
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 06-09-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: minor error
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

I never much liked Willie Nelsons voice.. But, sometimes he just says things no one else gets. For those that use music to express our feelings :

[YT]x3DxVVfTifg[/YT]
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

That's why I'd love to do some of his songs. I'd love to give 'em a rich and full vocal tone, I suppose my voice is suitable for that.

At BillyGilmanFans they desperately read over anything I write about these things, but an older man like Willie does bring back that good ol-timey feeling. This is real country and the song is truly meaningful (in this case it's about human imperfection). Thank you, Cameron.

Nice to see my guitar playing isn't as bad as I thought. It's now pretty easy to play along to a song this way. Some may have said a classical guitar wouldn't sound right this way, but it does.
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 06-09-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: minor error
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    So is an Elvis MB a place to mainly point out flaws?

Saying something positive doesn't necessarily match up with blind worship.

This (and all other ELvis MB's) is a tribute to Elvis. A few topics where his flaws are discussed doesn't mean a bad thing, only that Elvis is still considered a human being and not a holy saint. When Elvis said "it's hard to live up to an image", I think he prefered to be seen and dealt with as Elvis the human, than Elvis The King.

Comparing Elvis with artists like Madonna or McCartney doesn't mean that they have had the same impact, sales or life as Elvis, but that their peak of fame is comparable to the one of Elvis at that time.

Elvis wasn't the victim of his succes, but a victim of his own personality and choices.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

saint

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    ..that Elvis is still considered a human being and not a holy saint.

Comparing Elvis with artists like Madonna or McCartney doesn't mean that they have had the same impact, sales or life as Elvis..
    Even holy saints have had their flaws and personal difficulties.

I didn't mean to talk about sales or impact in the media. This is just an emotional thing.

The future looks pretty grim. I suppose people like on this board might judge me severely.

I think Elvis was a victim of his success because of his type of personality. Some are well suited for that kind of life and some are not but I think he dealt with it in the only way he knew how and there weren't too many "level-headed" people around him to help.

We at least have to give him credit for his unique talent and yes personality, and for taking over and producing his own music in his own way. That seemed to be the one area in his life where no one could tell him how to do it and he was a genius at it.

Diane

"Elvis wasn't the victim of his succes, but a victim of his own personality and choices"

That sums it up perfectly,

It's like what came first....the chicken or the egg? His personality was already formed before his success so since he wasn't really equipped emotionally to handle it, he was a victim of it.

Sorry if I'm so hard-headed about this but it only looks like common sense to me.

Diane

We are formed in the womb. How our personalities are formed ; both good and bad is just the product of how we were raised . And, most times by an inbred factor. that is inherited.. Both physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    We are formed in the womb. How our personalities are formed ; both good and bad is just the product of how we were raised . And, most times by an inbred factor. that is inherited.. Both physically and mentally.
    Not entirely true... we have the option to change what we donīt like but sometimes we donīt want to make the effort that it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Not entirely true... we have the option to change what we donīt like but sometimes we donīt want to make the effort that it takes.

Only partly true. Ask people that live it every day.
    Your formative years are always there ! Plus inherited genes, you can never get rid of.

We just have to accept that complaining about Elvis' walk of life is somehow magically going to turn back and neutralize any wrongdoing, isn't it?

[/B]
    Only partly true. Ask people that live it every day.
    Your formative years are always there ! Plus inherited genes, you can never get rid of.
    We ALL live it every day, life is like that way. We canīt live by that reasoning. While there is life there is hope...

We ALL live it every day, life is like that way. We canīt live by that reasoning. While there is life there is hope...
    You might try asking someone that does it.
    Then, you might try asking the relatives of the ones that didn't make it.
    Has nothing to do with reasoning,Just facts.

You might try asking someone that does it.
    Then, you might try asking the relatives of the ones that didn't make it.
    Has nothing to do with reasoning,Just facts.
    OK, I see you donīt get it. Maybe you should try asking the ones that make it then. Thereīs no need to get so in a defensive mode though...

I thing - Elvis is happy now.
    Almost all life HI look for love ( truly love ).
    HIS life was for HIM probably absolutly empty' after Pris took
    from HIM - Lisa.
    I'll Remember You!!!

OK, I see you donīt get it. Maybe you should try asking the ones that make it then. Thereīs no need to get so in a defensive mode though...
    Don't mean it as defensive , sorry.
    Just seen too much blame heaped on too many that couldn't handle it.
    They're dead now , many by their own hand .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast