Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analysis of Elvis Backstage w/Souix Indian Girl

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    The mouthing of the line, "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" was indeed clever, and it delighted those in the front rows who caught it.

...At least I think the response shown in the special was actually elicited by that silent quip from Elvis. In watching the outtakes, you find that in many cases, that doesn't apply.

In fact, in some instances, the placement of audience shots during or after a particular moment seems to defy logic. They show the young girl tearing up during Early Morning Rain (I mean, EMR could be considered a sad song, but come on!), when she was actually being moved by Unchained Melody.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

I tear up when I hear...

Moody Blue..2/21/77 SOUNDBOARD...

TCB..

Pm me too with the tid bit.
    http://hometown.aol.com/skmccarty/images/tcblogo1.jpg
    It's never too late to take care of business.

Coming On Strong
    I almost hate to post on this board because I feel like everyone here knows so much more about all the Elvis material out there than I do. I am not worthy!

My question is where are you getting this footage that you're watching? Is there a video available with this special and the outtakes on it? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Never any dumb questions when sincere...everyone is talking about the out takes from the Elvis in Concert Special from October 1977. I bought mine from ebay, from another member of this board. Hope that helps ya!

http://hometown.aol.com/skmccarty/images/tcblogo1.jpg
    It's never too late to take care of business.

Coming On Strong

Smile

Thanks for making my first post a pleasant experience! I usually just lurk, so I can pick up a little of the vast amount of knowledge you all seem to have.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Welcome, Lindnet!

By no means do I have all the answers, but if you ever feel like asking anything, please feel free to do so on this board.

Or if I ever say anything that sounds like I might have half a clue about something (which may well not be the case), feel free to PM me or whatever. I think most of the people here would tell you the same thing.

See you around.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindnet
    I almost hate to post on this board because I feel like everyone here knows so much more about all the Elvis material out there than I do. I am not worthy!

My question is where are you getting this footage that you're watching? Is there a video available with this special and the outtakes on it? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
    Hi Lindnet

to this board. Well, as far as "dumb" questions go: this board will hopefully continue to distinguish itself from "that other board" in not being denigrating to (newer) Elvis fans who don't know as much as other fans (seem to think they) do.
    So, for newer or less knowledgeable fans, this is definitely the most friendly place to be now, and hopefully, in the future!

Maybe you can tell us more about yourself in the "Who are we?" thread?

Enjoy your stay!

Another welcome

Enjoy your stay lindnet, be honest with you i dont have that out takes...but i have the complete recordings of it and Elvis talks in there to the little girl in the beginning of the show,..I only watched it one time when Indonesian fan club members had gathering last year , before i moved to the U.S

Cherokee asked you to put your profile or may be your pic if you want on 'Who Are We' thread,...it goes not only to you, but to all the newbies of this message board.

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindnet

check out www.epgold.com

...not sure if it's definately on there, but I've seen it recently, and that's the site that springs to mind.....

Coming On Strong
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm not nearly as intimidated about posting here now. I will make my way over to the Who Are We thread and post a little about myself. On topic, I am going to find a copy of that video. I just finished a Larry Geller book where he was talking about the filming of it, so I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12