Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 553

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

  1. #341

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yep, there she blows!

    Guess I wasn't done
    Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!

    Forever Best Friends

  2. #342
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Cool Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You know I'm thinking Elvis was not so much after reading some recent thread posts. He had no direction, he didn't handle his own business decisions, he was easily bored, he had little creative drive, trusted people, got addicted to drugs, was easily manipulated, no matter what his sales in records are-charts can tell a new story, he had many insecurities, and although admitted "the image is one thing the human being another" no one seemed to take that admission serious. He is remembered by many as an overweight man in a white jumpsuit. His talent, charisma and abilities are now taking a backseat (maybe even locked in the trunk with a spare tire) to the scandals, controversy and the downfall which seem to have been elevated to the top of the list when you mention Elvis Presley.
    Forgive me I am having a bad day.

    Sorry but to me, he is not NOT I say, remembered as a guy in a white jumpsuit@! That is your issue and your's alone.

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  3. #343
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Unhappy Re: .

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The perceived rudeness only comes out when others are trying to censor what is discussed!

    Again: Don't like a thread? Don't post on it!
    In other intelligent wording, you mean to say that you should be allowed to say anything you like, however distasteful and obnoxious about a person, especially Elvis and receive no back lash...................HARR

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  4. #344
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Red face Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The more things change, the more they stay the same ...

    As I've said on countless occasions ... with regards to "knowing" Elvis ...

    EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

    Have the courage of your convictions to put up your real name, or at the very least details of how the knowing of Elvis allegedly came about.

    Until then, it's just fairytales and I cannot comprehend why anyone would automatically believe these claims without more proof than "I knew him".

    Then again, people buy Wanda June Hill's crap as well, so there's no accounting for taste.
    Guess what? I have son's and I have daughters...and the photo's of me might not be me, but may be my daughters..............I am indeed hiding my idenity and i don't post all the time, I am too busy.
    Fredom of speech is equally regarded as no speech... "You have the right to remain silent.." Like it or not.
    Some people want to wallow in the obvious relationship with Elvis, and if I were a liar I'd make him out to be a lover... etc... I have never said that. Because that is not true.
    I have no reason to lie, it gets me no ticket to paradice or to heaven.
    You need to respect the fact that people are out here that were close to Elvis, or knew him slightly, or a lot.and they want to share but it doesn't mean they want you over for dinner! Got it??? If not, you are more abrasive than I thought as well as one minded; Self centered.

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  5. #345
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Why did you even bring all this up? Rosanne has not even said anything to you on this thread since April except ask you a simple question a few days ago which you responded to.
    Thank you Kim for pointing this out for others to see as well. You are right, that has been the only contact. If this slur had come from anyone else I would not have been quite so surprised. But I can't believe it came from a member who promotes her own morality compass, promotes love and world peace, lives in a place where "love conquers all" and post pictures of puppies and kittens.
    There is NO excuse for making fun of my beloved, deceased parents.

  6. #346
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Wink Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yes, I am perceptive too, and it isn't me who is twisting the words to get out of things.

    How many people have been banned or are scared, or left because of the bullying, let's get out our fingers and count together.... (although of course, that will be their fault, as they lost their temper, which of course, was the intention).

    You will reply, and have your last say, and do what you do.

    I'm done, I'll leave you to it, the last say, and the expected digs from you and your friends from your clique, which will start.
    Hold on a second there...I am posting under Jess because I don't know enough about how to get to Roseann's comment about me.
    I really dislike having my name brought into an argumnent, disagreement, misunerstanding, whatever this is going on?
    I am much more than just Jess' friend. What I have mentioned regarding Elvis, is the whole truth and nothing but the truth... I am not sure what was meant by that giving me a "BUZZ"? So until I receive word back I will assume it was meant well? That it lights up my life? If not, please explain?
    I am not out for trouble, If I were I'd live on this station and sleep by my desk... I haven't a clue whats going on here....

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  7. #347

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Hold on a second there...I am posting under Jess because I don't know enough about how to get to Roseann's comment about me.
    I really dislike having my name brought into an argumnent, disagreement, misunerstanding, whatever this is going on?
    I am much more than just Jess' friend. What I have mentioned regarding Elvis, is the whole truth and nothing but the truth... I am not sure what was meant by that giving me a "BUZZ"? So until I receive word back I will assume it was meant well? That it lights up my life? If not, please explain?
    I am not out for trouble, If I were I'd live on this station and sleep by my desk... I haven't a clue whats going on here....

    You forgot how to "quote" a post?

    Forever Best Friends

  8. #348
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Red face Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Wait..don't forgot mealways up for a group hug
    What a sweet post! Love conquers hate, possibly not always noticed right at that time of hurt, or dismay, but in the end, goodness will prevail and even when we get someone who doesn't like to back up and think it through, they will still receive whatever God decideds upon for their payback... not ever a good idea to mess around with the Devil or devine God!
    I try to stay on my toes, as many a person have stepped on them. Feelings hurt, feelings of being crushed with ill will, and I send back a snotty reply that could have been a gentle one, and got a lot further... we just have to practice NICE! It's true you know, people are born nice, what they become later is another story...
    Love to you all for the effort of balancing the act and walking a mile in everyone else's shoes even if just once.

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  9. #349
    International Level Genie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I have two homes, and have been on the road, normally I live inSeattle and Spokane area..
    Posts
    817

    Red face Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    You forgot how to "quote" a post?

    No honey, it was all a bunch put together in a heap and then Jess replied.. so how do I reply when the only quote option was Jess'??
    Sorry. Also having some trouble seeing clearly, darn cataract surgery has really blurred my vision.

    "I just wanna be......your Teddy Bear"

  10. #350
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Thank you Kim for pointing this out for others to see as well. You are right, that has been the only contact. If this slur had come from anyone else I would not have been quite so surprised. But I can't believe it came from a member who promotes her own morality compass, promotes love and world peace, lives in a place where "love conquers all" and post pictures of puppies and kittens.
    There is NO excuse for making fun of my beloved, deceased parents.


    Dear Rosanne,

    I'm so, so, sorry, to have, even though that isn't what I meant, to bring your parents into anything.

    That was low, and I deeply apologise.

    Kim

  11. #351
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Dear Rosanne,

    I'm so, so, sorry, to have, even though that isn't what I meant, to bring your parents into anything.

    That was low, and I deeply apologise.

    Kim
    Thank you Jess....apology accepted.

  12. #352
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Thank you Jess....apology accepted.


    Thank you for your graciousness, Rosanne, I'm having troubles staying signed in here, and I've spent all this time, trying to get back in to say more.

    Thank you again, and wishing you a very nice weekend.

  13. #353
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Err, anyone else confused?

  14. #354
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Err, anyone else confused?
    Happens all the time here May

    Diane

  15. #355

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    In other intelligent wording, you mean to say that you should be allowed to say anything you like, however distasteful and obnoxious about a person, especially Elvis and receive no back lash.
    Sigh. I'll type this slowly, so you can understand ...

    If you find a particular topic distasteful to you, then don't respond. It's very simple really.

    There are several posters on here, you included, who begrudge the rest of us the right to discuss whatever it is we want to. If you don't like it, don't post.

    No one has said anything obnoxious about Elvis; if they did, the Mods would soon sweep through.
    What you find obnoxious is when people disagree with you about Elvis and aren't afraid to tell the truth about things like his drug addiction, weight gain and utterly bizarre behaviour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    ... Elvis, or knew him slightly, or a lot.and they want to share but it doesn't mean they want you over for dinner! Got it???.
    That's just the point. You're not sharing. You say you knew Elvis, then you back away when challenged and asked to show us anything that might prove that; or anything to expand on it. As it is, you've given us dates that don't add up, "memories" of concerts and other things transcribed straight out of books, and a whole other mess of stuff that doesn't add up, just like you did over on AEK.

    They didn't fall for it over there, and 99.99% of posters over here aren't buying it either.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  16. #356

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Guess what? I have son's and I have daughters...and the photo's of me might not be me, but may be my daughters.
    I'll give $1000 to anyone who can explain what this means, or what relevance it has to any previous post on this thread.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  17. #357

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Err, anyone else confused?
    Yes things hot up and cool down, just when you think its gone quite.... here we go again! we all love one another really may!
    elvislady

  18. #358
    From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where Kentucky Rain falls
    Posts
    5,175

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    You know...and let me first say this isn't like an official moderating team response here but...

    Take a few steps back here everybody and think for a moment. If we were to organize a big gathering in Memphis one of these years like we've only so far fantasized about doing, I sincerely think that we would have the best **** time together and could talk and talk and talk for days about all things Elvis and beyond, and basically just have a blast.

    We come from very different backgrounds and are divided geographically, philosophically, religiously, culturally, you-name-it-ly, but we are brought together by our love or interest or fascination or unhealthy obsession with Elvis. And you know, he was basically a good dude, right? Aside from being immensely talented, the guy (with occasional out of character exception) was extremely gracious and a loving brother to all human beings. He cared when people were hurt, he loved making people happy, and he showed people respect whether they had earned it or not. While some people's interest in EP may only be in his music, I suspect that most are attracted to the whole person and the traits I just named are a huge part of that. That makes me believe that most everyone here has similar leanings.

    Therefore, I think it's worth re-evaluating how we all conduct ourselves here and interact with others who share this common interest. Like with family members, especially if you are on here a lot it is easy to get caught up in some petty differences and let remarks slip that you probably don't really mean...or if you really mean them at the time you might realize if we had the meeting like mentioned above that you would regret them.

    It's so easy as well to read things into the written word that aren't there and to misinterpret things because of language differences or because someone is being sarcastic but that isn't apparent, or vice-versa.

    These types of things really are insignificant and need to be avoided and ignored whenever possible. Exercise some willpower in this regard and you'll be glad later that you did, I promise. Alienation of others and yourself can otherwise result and if you are creating an atmosphere on TCB-World that is unwelcoming to others, that will simply not be allowed to continue.

    I know that this thread was created with an intention of straight talk and an airing of grievances, etc., but it's not as though anything goes. It's not like that EP quote about night-time: "It's like God ain't watching."

    I meant to keep this post on the light side but I found myself wearing my moderator hat a little more than I had intended. It is because I care about this 'place' and everyone's enjoyment of it that I had to add such commentary. Please don't take it lightly. But mainly I just wanted to suggest that we all take a step back and remember why we come here, and that behind some perhaps unfriendly words on your computer screen are people who in person wouldn't be that way at all. It's best to not get caught up in on-screen personas and reputations and let yourself be ruled by your ego.

    Think about it. Thanks.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

  19. #359
    SleepyJack
    Guest

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    You know...and let me first say this isn't like an official moderating team response here but...

    Take a few steps back here everybody and think for a moment. If we were to organize a big gathering in Memphis one of these years like we've only so far fantasized about doing, I sincerely think that we would have the best **** time together and could talk and talk and talk for days about all things Elvis and beyond, and basically just have a blast.

    We come from very different backgrounds and are divided geographically, philosophically, religiously, culturally, you-name-it-ly, but we are brought together by our love or interest or fascination or unhealthy obsession with Elvis. And you know, he was basically a good dude, right? Aside from being immensely talented, the guy (with occasional out of character exception) was extremely gracious and a loving brother to all human beings. He cared when people were hurt, he loved making people happy, and he showed people respect whether they had earned it or not. While some people's interest in EP may only be in his music, I suspect that most are attracted to the whole person and the traits I just named are a huge part of that. That makes me believe that most everyone here has similar leanings.

    Therefore, I think it's worth re-evaluating how we all conduct ourselves here and interact with others who share this common interest. Like with family members, especially if you are on here a lot it is easy to get caught up in some petty differences and let remarks slip that you probably don't really mean...or if you really mean them at the time you might realize if we had the meeting like mentioned above that you would regret them.

    It's so easy as well to read things into the written word that aren't there and to misinterpret things because of language differences or because someone is being sarcastic but that isn't apparent, or vice-versa.

    These types of things really are insignificant and need to be avoided and ignored whenever possible. Exercise some willpower in this regard and you'll be glad later that you did, I promise. Alienation of others and yourself can otherwise result and if you are creating an atmosphere on TCB-World that is unwelcoming to others, that will simply not be allowed to continue.

    I know that this thread was created with an intention of straight talk and an airing of grievances, etc., but it's not as though anything goes. It's not like that EP quote about night-time: "It's like God ain't watching."

    I meant to keep this post on the light side but I found myself wearing my moderator hat a little more than I had intended. It is because I care about this 'place' and everyone's enjoyment of it that I had to add such commentary. Please don't take it lightly. But mainly I just wanted to suggest that we all take a step back and remember why we come here, and that behind some perhaps unfriendly words on your computer screen are people who in person wouldn't be that way at all. It's best to not get caught up in on-screen personas and reputations and let yourself be ruled by your ego.

    Think about it. Thanks.

  20. #360
    TCB Mafia May's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Happens all the time here May

    Diane
    So it's not just me then

    Lonniebealestreet - thats a really good post. Some very good points.
    Last edited by May; 05-08-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •