Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

TCB Mafia
    A friend of mine is in a relationship with "A Saint" lol. She is bored stiff, hehe.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    A friend of mine is in a relationship with "A Saint" lol. She is bored stiff, hehe.
    I don't see how this pertains to the topic at hand
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I will NEVER say that Elvis was a saint
    No, but there are obviously some on here who believe that, and it's getting bloody tiresome! Let them have their "positive" threads, and leave the rest of them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    There is always the option to report a post that is breaking any rules
    Yes, and none of the posts talking about Elvis' negatives have broken any of those rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    It's like Getlo said, If you don't like the topic why bother posting in it. Simple as that people.
    Yes again. But some on here like trying to take the rest of us down for daring to discuss other aspects of his life which aren't so nice.

To them I say: take a walk, give it a rest, leave it alone, leave us alone to talk about whatever the hell we like!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Watch out Getlo - I think you're about to explode!!

Forever Best Friends

I really dont know what was the argument about. But from what i read up here ... since we all here because of Elvis, maybe it would be a wise decision to block this thread once and for all...

Not to say that I try to shut you all opinion... but some people get really bad hit on their fan,...

What do you think ALbert,..JJ.. and all moderators..???

Debate is okay.. but it is tend to be out of hands and ended up hurt someone's feeling.

Thats not right.

This is just INTERNET For God sake. We all have a REAL LIFE drama to deal with, and bills, pets, kids, wife, husband, GF,BF.... etc.

Have a wonderful Sunday to y'all.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

Exclamation

"Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    You defend him with blinders, perhaps that's the reason? And what crap, exactly, are you talking about? The drugs? The weight? The bizarre behaviour?

Look at the forum. There are more threads about his music, his concerts and other "positive" aspects of his life than these so-called "negatives", so your complaints and those from others are quite baseless.

More elitism. A fan is a fan is a fan. And you call yourself a fan after questioning the veracity of others on here? That is pathetic.

And what's the point in even asking that? Your implication is that fans who choose (see that word, some of you? ... CHOOSE!) to discuss other aspects of his life don't accept Elvis because of how he was. That's patently untrue.

There are times when this was true. A balanced look at Elvis' life must reflect this properly.

Wrong. The MM's stories (most of them anyway) have been verified, documented and proven. Once again, not one of you who complain about the MM have come out and shown otherwise. The MM have been subjected to the same rigours of proof that others have.

I rag on JS because he is a suck-up to EPE, not for any compassion he shows. And if you can't see compassion in the MM's works, you're not reading them properly.

Once again, it has come to this, something that has been discussed on many threads ... including this one already, so it amazes me that certain posters here are up to their old tricks after several weeks of good behaviour with everyone getting along relatively well (especially since you-know-who threw her hissy fit and buggered off).

If you don't want to discuss "negative" aspects of Elvis' life, here's a crazy thought: DON'T.

But don't come into this thread putting s**t on the rest of us who choose (yeah, CHOOSE!) to do so. Once again, the vast majority of threads on this site are NOT about the negatives.

You want to only talk about the nice things? Go ahead. And you'll notice that those of us who CHOOSE to discuss every type of aspect of Elvis' life will not come into your threads to hijack them.

So why on earth are you all so rude enough to do it to us?

Don't like a thread? DON'T POST ON THE BLOODY THING!HOW MANY TIMES must this be uttered before people get this simple concept?!
    Well positive or negative-if I do not agree, think the subject is skewed, or have an opinion I will post on it.
    I am not railing against Elvis's negatives I am saying they should not out weight the positives-and its seems they do to some-thats a simple statement of opinion. I also make a statement of opinion that it seems those threads are the ones which draw the most passion, venom and personal conflicts-and wonder why that is the case? Why that his huge successes and good points do not rate the same type of interest and passion. I did actually go over several recent threads and in reading them came across the various points I made above-they were all made in the threads in one way or another-I did not grab them out of thin air. I actually did wonder what is it that we say is so great about Elvis-if so much was was so wrong that is rehashed? I think that is a fair question. I also noticed that some are not given the same scrutiny-the same set of rules which apply to Elvis once again this is my statement of opinion. What is called an excuse for Elvis (by some) may be referred to as a "reason" when applied to others or an "explanation" for various actions and circumstance-once again an observation of my subjective opinion. But that is what I am seeing in my own personal observations and I have a right to state them as everyone else does.

I really don't see anything wrong if we post to "temper" some negative posts we feel are too harsh or vice versa. This is a place to discuss and if everyone agreed, what would there be to discuss? We'd all be saying yeah yeah yeah, end of discussion.

But I do feel that if a poster can't handle the thread without becoming rude to another poster, they should stay out of it.

Diane

Also I want to add-I do not deny, nor have I ever denied Elvis was a very flawed man (especially in the end when things were beyond control it seems)
    Its funny its okay to discuss anything-yet I bring up a personal observation "and voice an opinion" and all he11 breaks loose.
    I do think compassion is essential in life-it does not negate wrong doing or wrong choices done by anyone-but it has its place in the scheme of things.
    I do not think in voicing that I have somehow slandered mankind nor mean to attack anyone-it is my belief:

Compassion is the keen awareness of the interdependence of all things. --Thomas Merton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compassion is the ultimate and most meaningful embodiment of emotional maturity. It is through compassion that a person achieves the highest peak and deepest reach in his or her search for self-fulfillment. --Arthur Jersild
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Compassion is not sentiment but is making justice and doing works of mercy. Compassion is not a moral commandment but a flow and overflow of the fullest human and divine energies. --Matthew Fox
    The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, forgiveness. --H.H. the Dalai Lama

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong if we post to "temper" some negative posts we feel are too harsh or vice versa. This is a place to discuss and if everyone agreed, what would there be to discuss? We'd all be saying yeah yeah yeah, end of discussion.

But I do feel that if a poster can't handle the thread without becoming rude to another poster, they should stay out of it.

Diane
    I noticed that alot when posters don't like what the other one is saying than it becomes rude and IMO there is no elvis expects on here and all we have our own opinions and to me that should respected, if someone can't handle showing respect then skip the thread or post when you can respect the others feelings. Yes we all dislike certain people but it doesn't mean we can't post and still get along and remian friendy. We are here about elvis and not who has the biggest sources or how much information we know but our love and respect for elvis and to me that what being a fan is all about.

Backstage Pass
    I noticed that alot when posters don't like what the other one is saying than it becomes rude and IMO there is no elvis expects on here and all we have our own opinions and to me that should respected, if someone can't handle showing respect then skip the thread or post when you can respect the others feelings. Yes we all dislike certain people but it doesn't mean we can't post and still get along and remian friendy. We are here about elvis and not who has the biggest sources or how much information we know but our love and respect for elvis and to me that what being a fan is all about.

Well said Presely31!! I have browsed over this thread the last 20 minutes and it does not leave a good taste in the mouth....all I will say is that it seems to me that a lot of (negative) energy is been wasted and its a shame I mean everyone should come on here to have a good time not get upset or angry ... but thats life I suppose

TCB Mafia
    I think it unfair, that there is so much rudeness with a patrionising tone. It isn't necessary. I wonder if it the tone is purposeful, with the intention that people will object, and the arguments will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    The problem I have is that if you try to put a balanced perspective of others in Elvis' life instead of blaming everything on say, the Colonel or Priscilla. you then get called negative. Why is that, I get tired of hearing "Elvis was a saint", "Priscilla did this, the Colonel did that".

It's all about perspective, but balanced.

There is always the option to report a post that is breaking any rules
    That Matt is my point. As I have already said I think at times perspective and balance on Elvis, and all involved with Elvis, is lacking. But that is my view as I see it. I do not claim to be the all seeing, all knowing, omnipotent human who has the last word on all matters-no one is that. I am just giving my thoughts. When someone sets themselves up to be the last word on any given subjective speculative discussion-it is unfair and I am not doing that as I see it.
    I was making an observation on something I have been thinking about for a year or so. I think we've touched on it before in a couple of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by buttonhead View Post
    I really dont know what was the argument about. But from what i read up here ... since we all here because of Elvis, maybe it would be a wise decision to block this thread once and for all...
    Well, actually this thread was created for members to come here to post their gripes and grievances and NOT get banned as long as they stayed within the forum rules. Maybe by having this available it has helped to keep other threads open....

I think that's a good part of what Matt had in mind and it is basically working out very well from what I can tell.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Well, actually this thread was created for members to come here to post their gripes and grievances and NOT get banned as long as they stayed within the forum rules. Maybe by having this available it has helped to keep other threads open....

I see... I missed that point

I just came back after 2 years 'asleep' from this forum.. thanks for correcting me...

I just read the latest posters...and i thought to myself...what on earth are these all about

The perceived rudeness only comes out when others are trying to censor what is discussed!

Again: Don't like a thread? Don't post on it!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    I don't know about the rest of everyone, but there must be others things in elvis world to talk about then priscilla, She seems to make her way in to threads alot latey. is it possble we give priscilla a break cause she is getting so boring now and turly there isn't much we haven't spoke about already. I know alot of you don't like priscilla and l respect all your opinions but for pete lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I know alot of you don't like priscilla and l respect all your opinions but for pete lets move on.
    Unbelievable!

Here we go again ...

If people want to discuss Priscilla or anything in the appropriate threads ... LET THEM!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Unbelievable!

Here we go again ...

If people want to discuss Priscilla or anything in the appropriate threads ... LET THEM!
    I didn't think you owned what we are entiled to say on here geez l learn something new everyday