Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

I agree mostly, KPM. There's no reason everyone shouldn't join in the discussions. It really doesn't bother me until everyone starts getting so upset and it is taken to a personal level. Why can't everyone just have their say and move on without taking it out on others or making smart personal comments? That includes moderators and members.
    Why take it that far that you get that emotionally involved ?
    Don't know, it happens on every Elvis site I've seen.

It can't be all sweetness and light, but neither should it disolve into name calling and making fun of others. Yes, there will always be grey areas too. Does that mean we're "wearing blinders" or "rose colored glasses "?
    It'd be nice to drop all that stuff too. It's only inflamitory IMO .
    Same as "a true Elvis fan." What does any of that mean except to make fun of someone else ?
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

hi has the radio programs gone again
    my boy , my boy

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I agree mostly, KPM. There's no reason everyone shouldn't join in the discussions. It really doesn't bother me until everyone starts getting so upset and it is taken to a personal level. Why can't everyone just have their say and move on without taking it out on others or making smart personal comments? That includes moderators and members.
    Why take it that far that you get that emotionally involved ?
    Don't know, it happens on every Elvis site I've seen.

It can't be all sweetness and light, but neither should it disolve into name calling and making fun of others. Yes, there will always be grey areas too. Does that mean we're "wearing blinders" or "rose colored glasses "?
    It'd be nice to drop all that stuff too. It's only inflamitory IMO .
    Same as "a true Elvis fan." What does any of that mean except to make fun of someone else ?
    Freedom of speech for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Freedom of speech for all!
    Isn't it the way it was meant to be? Maybe not.
    For some reason it never lasts for very long.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Let this serve as an OFFICIAL WARNING to IMMEDIATELY cease and desist with the personal attacks. We've had enough of this in the other threads recently, and now it seems to have carried over into this one!

We certainly want everyone to express their opinions freely here in the forum, but expressing opinions does not include personal attacks. If you must make comments to a member which MAY be interpreted as inappropriate for the forum where everyone can see it, then use the PM service.

We don't need to get into a discussion as to who started what, or who said what to whom...we just need these personal and occasionally vindictive attacks to STOP!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyJack View Post
    It`s only words,and words are all I have to steal your heart away!!!..........GROUP HUG!!!
    No better way to say it than to say it with an Elvis lyric! Hat is off to you my friend!! And I'll take that hug and raise you a smooch on the cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    KPM, that is my feelings exactly. We can't know the "whole truth" without having Elvis tell his side of the stories. It just isn't complete. I also agree there are a lot of grey areas about his life and everyone else's. Very few things are black and white...if any.

Diane
    Marvelous post Diane! See....that is what I meant when I said that I missed your posts! Always the voice of reason...

I totally agree with you, of course, because I don't see very many things in life that can be defined as "black and white". There are exceptions to EVERY rule! And with Elvis, his life was a constant roller coaster ride...makes me feel as if NO ONE could possibly be a sole authority on the man! Without his actual side of the story, we will never know the truth's as he saw them to be......and unfortunately we won't ever have his side of the story. This falls right back to an issue of what each individual perceives the truth to be. And, of course, that is always going to be different for different groups of people.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

This may sound a little strange-but I have noticed the site has had technical problems the last couple weeks or so. I have also noticed quite a few newer members who seem to have joined as far ago as 1, 2, or even 3 years back- who have no posts. (or just a few) So could we have a hacker who has opened multiple identities somehow? I am not that computer literate but began noticing the newer members with older join dates right after the technical problems started a couple weeks ago when we had trouble posting and logging in. Or am I just reading something in- when its just happenstance?

It really doesn't bother me until everyone starts getting so upset and it is taken to a personal level. Why can't everyone just have their say and move on without taking it out on others or making smart personal comments?

You want Getlo, he's yours. IMO, he's full of it and loves hurting people. He's made it his lifes work.
    No, it's you Getlo. Everyone knows as you're scattered all over the Internet and running people off. Yet you have no qualms about runing the name of any site.
    I've seen you other places; but mostly it's other places just complaing about what an *** you are to everyone .I must say I hope "they get you "soon .
    My case rests.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post

My case rests.
    What is your case exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    This may sound a little strange-but I have noticed the site has had technical problems the last couple weeks or so. I have also noticed quite a few newer members who seem to have joined as far ago as 1, 2, or even 3 years back- who have no posts. (or just a few) So could we have a hacker who has opened multiple identities somehow? I am not that computer literate but began noticing the newer members with older join dates right after the technical problems started a couple weeks ago when we had trouble posting and logging in. Or am I just reading something in- when its just happenstance?
    Hi Ken, I have reported this post so hopefully Albert can look into this and feedback in due course

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    You say something, and then you something else that contradicts what you previously said, as shown in Getlo's post. Seem's almost hypocritical at times.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

My case rests.
    Both of these posts have been noted. I would kindly ask that you both respect each others points of view without being personal. I am happy for you both to have exchanges of views but when it becomes about members and not Elvis (or other topics) it usually descends into a slanging match.

Any further breaches of the code of conduct will be reviewed and could lead to infraction points. Lets play nicely folks to avoid this!

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    You say something, and then you something else that contradicts what you previously said, as shown in Getlo's post. Seem's almost hypocritical at times.
    Hi Brad I have just commented on the above posts and would kindly ask that intervention is left to the moderators to avoid possible conflicts.

Thanks.

Hi Ken, I have reported this post so hopefully Albert can look into this and feedback in due course
    Thanks Matt like I said it may all be happenstance. But I thought it was worth noting.

Question:-

If someone reveals what can be considered controversial or big news, should other members be able to question the validity of that information?

If someone reveals what can be considered controversial or big news, should other members be able to question the validity of that information?
    Why in God's namr do you think peoples names are controversial or "biig news"??
    I was only asked if I knew any presidents. I answered, yes !!
    IMO, you can believe it or not. There's many things said on here I don;t believe, but I don't jump all over someone about it !!
    I just let it go and figure they'll screw up one way or another !!
    So far, I've been right !!

Of course I feel that a reader should be able to question the validity of someone's else's post controversial or big news. If a poster can't back up what he/she is saying why post it at all?

I think there may be exceptions as in if a poster remembers something they've read but can't remember where and says so. That allows the reader to either go check it out for themselves or decide not to believer the poster but in either case, the reader should not be rude or disrespectful if he/she doesn't believe what has been said.

Just say I believe or I don't believe and leave it at that. Then, hopefully the poster won't get offended and start mouthing off. If they do they should know they lose credibility right then and there.

Diane

Answer: Of course!

If someone has some big news, they can't be expected to say it with authority without at least naming their source.

If they are sworn to secrecy, then why bother raising it in the first place?

If one doesn't question the veracity or validity of information, then rumours and myths abound, and that's the last thing we want.

Look what happened with EP75/keke23's almost endless posts about the Graceland redevelopment: 95% of the stuff he/she posted was absolute rubbish and simply made up to further his/her own agenda.

You can't just accept stuff blindly, especially when it comes to the world of Elvis. I do not consider knowing two presidents as "news" or "big" or even "controversial" either. It is nothing.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Answer: Of course!

If someone has some big news, they can't be expected to say it with authority without at least naming their source.

If they are sworn to secrecy, then why bother raising it in the first place?

If one doesn't question the veracity or validity of information, then rumours and myths abound, and that's the last thing we want.

Look what happened with EP75/keke23's almost endless posts about the Graceland redevelopment: 95% of the stuff he/she posted was absolute rubbish and simply made up to further his/her own agenda.

You can't just accept stuff blindly, especially when it comes to the world of Elvis. I do not consider knowing two presidents as "news" or "big" or even "controversial" either. It is nothing.

I agree IF it's some "big news" related to the Elvis World. . Many things are said in passing. I just don't let it bother me. If I choose to believe it fine, if not that's ok too.

I never considered what your friends do for a living as "big or controversial."

ABSOLUTELY