Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    So you are saying I or someone deleted this thread?
    Lord no !! Wrong choice of words . It disappeared that's all I know!
    As I said to Albert ; I didn't feel we'd lost much anyway. It was just a trial/a beginning. I think people were still too afraid to say too much even there, because they might get in trouble! I hope this one works out better .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Good Cameron, I wasn't targeting you, several have made the same comment.

Now I'm ready for that group hug Jack ((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    This, my dear, is the only Elvis site where I choose to spend my time. Any other suggestion is a blatant lie.

"Are they comin' to get me, is that it?" - Elvis, Houston 1970.

Don't make me laugh ...
    I've seen you other places; but mostly it's other places just complaing about what an *** you are to everyone . Just Google this site, you'll see a few.
    I must say I hope "they get you "soon .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Who, what and when--that would be upsetting others plans for you.
    I'll just watch and wait.
    I hate to ask this, BUT...what on earth does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post

I know that the missing thread looks bad.... did anyone notice the "Who are we thread (present yourself)" had gone missing? I suppose not because no one has mentioned it! That thread means more to me than some thread where people let off a little steam The who are we thread had over 40,000 views and I think close to a 100 pages... Perhaps the fact that it was a sticky thread like the Philosophical that is the issue, who knows.

I thank you for your honesty, there are others who will insinuate that I removed that thread and when challenged by their remark back away! I prefer people who stand by their convictions even if they are wrong in their assumptions. It just goes to show that people are human and are prepared to think the worst without evidence. Reminds me of a recent thread
    I never thought you removed the thread if for no other reason than this......"if" you deleted it everyone would assume you deleted it. I started that thread called "Am I Crazy" and quickly made the statement "this is hysterical". I knew you would NEVER have been so blatant. But...like I asked you yesterday, surely you saw the irony in the thread vanishing instantly after 3 posts were posted!

For the record....I'm not an "old fogey" either! When I made a post last week about the difference in teenagers today as opposed to teenagers back then I did go on to clarify my statement. Teenagers, college kids...they are doing alot of the same things teenagers did back in the day. The only difference is....we hid it, kids today are up front about it.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I just find it interesting where ever theres controversy Cameron is right there in the middle of that. Strange isn't it. Thats not a personal attack on his behalf just an observation on my end is all.

And Matt, I don't see why you would be the blame for the dissapearence of that last thread, but I fully back you up bro!!

And I find it really good thing that you as a moderator get involved in discussions etc as it will hopefully encourage new members to do the same.

Loving elvis
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Good Cameron, I wasn't targeting you, several have made the same comment.

Now I'm ready for that group hug Jack ((((((((((HUG)))))))))))

Diane
    Wait..don't forgot mealways up for a group hug

You get a hug from me Jen whenever you want or need one kiddo.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    I just find it interesting where ever theres controversy Cameron is right there in the middle of that. Strange isn't it. Thats not a personal attack on his behalf just an observation on my end is all.

And Matt, I don't see why you would be the blame for the dissapearence of that last thread, but I fully back you up bro!!

And I find it really good thing that you as a moderator get involved in discussions etc as it will hopefully encourage new members to do the same.
    Actually, it was you that started all the controversial threads. NOT strange at all that I'm there! There's many things I'd like to discuss here.I've just been around long enough to realize I hate it and it's NOT good to keep people upset and divided all the time !

And NO, I disagree that as a moderator getting involved in angry threads helps any ones. It scares the hell out of them !!
    BTW: Did that guy find you that was looking for you. Brad ?

Actually, it was you that started all the controversial threads. NOT strange at all that I'm there! There's many things I'd like to discuss here.I've just been around long enough to realize I hate it and it's NOT good to keep people upset and divided all the time !

And NO, I disagree that as a moderator getting involved in angry threads helps any ones. It scares the hell out of them !!
    When I began the topic, I didn't want it to turn like it did. I had a simple question, but like its been stated before, its a hot button issuse.

Umm I'm affraid he didn't. Anyone that wants to contact me can send a PM.

I don't see why one would get scared for Matt joining the discussion. If anything it would help the thread from getting to hostile..

Umm I'm affraid he didn't. Anyone that wants to contact me can send a PM.

I don't see why one would get scared for Matt joining the discussion. If anything it would help the thread from getting to hostile..
    You seemed to have quite a few "simple questions"

As so many do here; emotions are shown, not always pleasant.
    The new ones only started posting when the smart remarks stopped.
    I'd like to see that continue. Best thing for the site, IMO.

I'll let your "friend" know that you changed your name.

As so many do here; emotions are shown, not always pleasant.
    The new ones only started posting when the smart remarks stopped.
    I'd like to see that continue. Best thing for the site, IMO.

Well the last time I checked anyone can ask questions thats what a messageboard is for.

Maybe if people didn't run off at the mouth at someone else simply because they have a different opinion than you things wouldn't be as hostile.

Loving elvis
    Well the last time I checked anyone can ask questions thats what a messageboard is for.

Maybe if people didn't run off at the mouth at someone else simply because they have a different opinion than you things wouldn't be as hostile.

yep couldn't agree more there jon, thats where lots of issues come from.

That's what I used to think too. You learn a lot, if you just pay attention on how the manipulators work. .
    Ask away---I'll stay out it . It's nothing I want involved in.
    You may fool some, but not me .
    Last edited by cameron; 06-04-2008 at 11:48 AM.

That's what I used to think too. You learn a lot, if you just pay attention on how the manipulators work. .
    Ask away---I'll stay out it . It's nothing I want involved in.
    Cameron I'm not fooling anyone as you implied. That's how you learn is by asking questions what is the harm in that...

I don't know why seem to have it out for me, but I will not bother to respond anymore to this.....Good day my friend!

Cameron I'm not fooling anyone as you implied. That's how you learn is by asking questions what is the harm in that...

I don't know why seem to have it out for me, but I will not bother to respond anymore to this.....Good day my friend!
    I'm not your friend. I was once, but not anymore . Have a blast !!

Loving elvis
    I'm not your friend. I was once, but not anymore . Have a blast !!
    I must of missed something along the way

I just find it interesting where ever theres controversy Cameron is right there in the middle of that. Strange isn't it.

Actually, it was you that started all the controversial threads.

You learn a lot, if you just pay attention on how the manipulators work. .

I'm not your friend. I was once, but not anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    I must of missed something along the way
    I could not have said it better myself.

I have to say I think Matt or any other Mod. who wants to join in should have the same rights as the rest of us. They have opinions and ideas like the rest of us and want to express them.
    Getlo and I disagree on a lot of topics which I think are very debateable. But I have at least once let him know its not a personal thing. We see things very differently, but I want to hear what he (or anyone else) has to say. I am not an expert-but have been a fan for over 45 years and have read and heard as much as most people here. I recall things I have read or heard but after 45 years don't try to pin me down on where I got it from. I am not unintelligent and have a pretty good mind so I do look at all sides to try to figure out the truth of any situation. Sometimes the truth is never found.
    In my opinion there are many areas of gray when we talk of Elvis. For many subjects nothing is in stone. You can speculate from what you have read, or heard in interviews or what you have been told directly by people involved with Elvis-but that is still only your take on what others have said. Granted if you hear the same (or similar) claims by enough people you can get a good idea of how some things were seen and that adds to credibility of stories. But I still contend there are things which can be debated even then. I am not an "all is black or white" person. There are absolutes in life-but many many things are open to degrees of interpretation. When I see that something is not 100% proven beyond the doubts I might have-then for me I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I am not saying anyone else should- but for me "to be true to how I believe and how I think" I have to do so. I have to say, there is still a side we will never know because Elvis will not tell it. To me that counts for something. IMO It is not a "what if cop out" -it is stating the obvious that Elvis would have as many stories, "good and bad" about all who tell theirs about him. He would have answers "good and bad" for the questions others have brought out with interviews and books. He would give his personal assessments on each individuals character, each persons flaws, weaknesses, and motivations for the time they were together.
    So when I see the benefit of the doubt is appropriate-I give it.
    But all have differing ways of deciding this and thats the way it should be.
    But it is not personal when I disagree nor do I want it to be. Lifes to short.

KPM, that is my feelings exactly. We can't know the "whole truth" without having Elvis tell his side of the stories. It just isn't complete. I also agree there are a lot of grey areas about his life and everyone else's. Very few things are black and white...if any.

Diane

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast