Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 553

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

  1. #21
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In my opinion, there lies the challenge-if it is not meant as in insult-why word it in such a way where it can be confused as an insult? Just as easy to word it where no confusion or misunderstanding arises on all sides-once again just my thoughts.
    EXACTLY! A person can reply or comment on anothers post without coming across as being sarcastic. However, as I have said before, I do believe that sarcasm is just in some people's personality...and therefore, they speak and/or write with the same sarcastic demeanor.

    I don't want anyone to think that I dislike Getlo, although I'm sure that he couldn't give two figs one way or another (as it appears to be his nature). I appreciate the factual posts he makes. I don't always agree with his no-nonsense, and often one-way attitude about things...to me, he appears to see life in black and white, with no gray area's allowed. I choose to allow the grey area's, and I have decided that this is a huge part of where Getlo and I differ. But I do think that his way of responding does, at times, seem to bait others to negativity. He has a way of getting some folks lit up...so to speak. And he does tend to speak about personal things in Elvis' life as if he knows them to be true. This leads others to ask "who is this person?". I don't give it any thought, because I couldn't care any less if he is one of the MM, Pris, Lisa, or the Pope....anything I say about those people on here, I wouldn't batt an eye to say directly to them! That is just the way I am. That's not to say that I am confrontational by nature...quite the contrary....I am just an up-front person who doesn't think that life is long enough to spend time dealing with someone you may not care for. That said, I can honestly say that I do forgive another when we have differences...but I don't ever forget what those differences are. Do I hold it against them? NO. I just realize that even though we can like most everyone...not everyone can be our friend, in the truest sense of the word. And to me, there is a difference.

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    [QUOTE=Jumpsuit Junkie;215822]

    At the sake of repeating myself, I did NOT delete the original philosophical thread, To be perfectly honest I don't care if you believe me or not, Just wanted to state the fact for the record, I have nothing to hide.

    QUOTE]

    Matt...I will take you at your word on this one. I must admit that I had wondered if perhaps you had decided to delete the thread because of all the honest and open comments that were being posted after Gail got banned. It wasn't so much that I had you labeled as the "bad guy"...but thought that maybe you and/or the other Mods may have thought it best. I will admit though, I got a bit upset when it disappeared! However, if you are innocent, then there is no need for anymore speculation on my part. I'm sure you can understand how it might appear to many of us that you would have wanted to remove the thread...and with that, I hope that there are no hard feelings. I just wanted to be honest with you and tell you up front that I was one of those who thought you may have done it. Friends????

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  3. #23
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Just for the record, Getlo has never hurt my feelings.

    He is straight forward with his opinions as anyone should be, and I enjoy his post.
    Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    This whole thing started after Gail was banned. Personally, I don't want to see anyone being banned, not Gail, not Getlo, not anyone. This site is not about our personal battles but about our man and exchanging information about his life and career. But, (there's always a "but"), when someone believes that he/she has been offended by someone else's words, I WANT to believe that he/she has the right and freedom to tell it and speak out. With no insults, no swears but with HONESTY. Why should I be afraid to tell that something bothered me? Why? Personally, when I'm annoyed or sad and dissapointed, I show it. I can't hide it. That's who I am. Why some people are allowed to show their emotions and say WHATEVER they want and other's don't? I'm sorry but I can't accept that. As long as we are civilised that is!
    Guys and gals, you have no idea how a bad comment towards me can make me feel. It affects me very much. It can ruin my day. I know, I know, that may sound too much for some of you but this is who I am. One thing is for sure; We all love and admire Elvis. Well, that IS something, isn't it?

    Spot on with both posts!

    I, for one, have never had a problem with anyone here. Sure, there are things said that I disagree with (and I will admit that Getlo's way of responding to posts sometimes is sorta 'rubbing off on me') and I want to apologize if I may sound 'rude' when replying to posts to get a point across--those of you that know me know that I'm a sweet guy (right, ladies? Hey, I'm SuperPerv! Ain't I supposed to be nice?) and I try to stay out of threads that turn argumentative. As Getlo says, "If you don't like a thread, don't post in it". It really is that simple, y'all.

    I, for one, miss Gail's posts and hope that she returns soon.

    I dunno 'bout the rest of y'all but I"m here to learn 'bout Elvis's life---both the positive and negative sides---because that's what made him who he was whether we like it or not.

  4. #24
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    This whole thing started after Gail was banned. Personally, I don't want to see anyone being banned, not Gail, not Getlo, not anyone. This site is not about our personal battles but about our man and exchanging information about his life and career. But, (there's always a "but"), when someone believes that he/she has been offended by someone else's words, I WANT to believe that he/she has the right and freedom to tell it and speak out. With no insults, no swears but with HONESTY. Why should I be afraid to tell that something bothered me? Why? Personally, when I'm annoyed or sad and dissapointed, I show it. I can't hide it. That's who I am. Why some people are allowed to show their emotions and say WHATEVER they want and other's don't? I'm sorry but I can't accept that. As long as we are civilised that is!
    Guys and gals, you have no idea how a bad comment towards me can make me feel. It affects me very much. It can ruin my day. I know, I know, that may sound too much for some of you but this is who I am. One thing is for sure; We all love and admire Elvis. Well, that IS something, isn't it?
    For what it's worth Liana....I often times find your comments very very funny! There were a couple of times today when I actually laughed out loud at your posts! So...if nothing else, remember this~you made someone a gazillion miles away smile. Not everyone can say that!

  5. #25
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    I know this will come as a huge surprise to all of you, BUT, I have lots to say on several matters. The problem is this....I am too tired tonight to get going on it. So I will keep you in suspense until tomorrow!

  6. #26
    Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Posts
    6,349
    About Gail: she received a warning for breaking a particular rule. Within a day she received a new one. This automatically resulted in a 1 week ban. So the ban doesn't mean we don't like her or don't want her here. On the contrary. But the rules aren't here only for new members or the horrible ones: they're here even for the members that we like (it wouldn't be fair if we treated people otherwise).

    I know it may seem like we play favors to members, but most of the people participating in this particular topic have received a official warning along the way. It's like receiving a ticket for speeding: it doesn't make you a bad or unwanted driver

    We have to deal with many kinds of people here. SOme people love to discuss 'on the edge', while others feel attacked rightaway. For example, when I'd say "don't be a jerk!", one person might be terribly offended, while the other doesn't. We, the moderators, have to find a balance in it. And yes, that may seem (or even be) biased sometimes.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

    Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom






  7. #27
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by LianaKaralivanou View Post
    One thing is for sure; We all love and admire Elvis. Well, that IS something, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I, for one, miss Gail's posts and hope that she returns soon.

    I dunno 'bout the rest of y'all but I"m here to learn 'bout Elvis's life---both the positive and negative sides---because that's what made him who he was whether we like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    SOme people love to discuss 'on the edge', while others feel attacked rightaway. For example, when I'd say "don't be a jerk!", one person might be terribly offended, while the other doesn't.

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Having read your comments in other threads I now understand that you find it hard to forgive. Even though that is the case I am willing to move on...
    Since you don't really know me, let me explain. I'm probably the most forgiving person any one could meet. When the same actions keep being repeated over and over and I see no remorse --it's only then I see no reason to have anything more to do with that kind of person. Call it "holding a grudge" if you like. To me, it's just common sense.Who needs that kind of person in their life?

    Since I'm here ; I feel you nor anyone else has a right to quote the Bible to me . I'm well aware of what it says. Even Jesus got angry --and had every right to, IMO. This is an Elvis MB not a pulpit .
    As far as I can see, you take things personally yourself and get too emotionally involved . Having said that; by all means , lets move on .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  9. #29
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    EXACTLY! A person can reply or comment on anothers post without coming across as being sarcastic. However, as I have said before, I do believe that sarcasm is just in some people's personality...and therefore, they speak and/or write with the same sarcastic demeanor.

    I don't want anyone to think that I dislike Getlo, although I'm sure that he couldn't give two figs one way or another (as it appears to be his nature). I appreciate the factual posts he makes. I don't always agree with his no-nonsense, and often one-way attitude about things...to me, he appears to see life in black and white, with no gray area's allowed. I choose to allow the grey area's, and I have decided that this is a huge part of where Getlo and I differ. But I do think that his way of responding does, at times, seem to bait others to negativity. He has a way of getting some folks lit up...so to speak. And he does tend to speak about personal things in Elvis' life as if he knows them to be true. This leads others to ask "who is this person?". I don't give it any thought, because I couldn't care any less if he is one of the MM, Pris, Lisa, or the Pope....anything I say about those people on here, I wouldn't batt an eye to say directly to them! That is just the way I am. That's not to say that I am confrontational by nature...quite the contrary....I am just an up-front person who doesn't think that life is long enough to spend time dealing with someone you may not care for. That said, I can honestly say that I do forgive another when we have differences...but I don't ever forget what those differences are. Do I hold it against them? NO. I just realize that even though we can like most everyone...not everyone can be our friend, in the truest sense of the word. And to me, there is a difference.
    Great comment

    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Matt...I will take you at your word on this one. I must admit that I had wondered if perhaps you had decided to delete the thread because of all the honest and open comments that were being posted after Gail got banned. It wasn't so much that I had you labeled as the "bad guy"...but thought that maybe you and/or the other Mods may have thought it best. I will admit though, I got a bit upset when it disappeared! However, if you are innocent, then there is no need for anymore speculation on my part. I'm sure you can understand how it might appear to many of us that you would have wanted to remove the thread...and with that, I hope that there are no hard feelings. I just wanted to be honest with you and tell you up front that I was one of those who thought you may have done it. Friends????
    I know that the missing thread looks bad.... did anyone notice the "Who are we thread (present yourself)" had gone missing? I suppose not because no one has mentioned it! That thread means more to me than some thread where people let off a little steam The who are we thread had over 40,000 views and I think close to a 100 pages... Perhaps the fact that it was a sticky thread like the Philosophical that is the issue, who knows.

    I thank you for your honesty, there are others who will insinuate that I removed that thread and when challenged by their remark back away! I prefer people who stand by their convictions even if they are wrong in their assumptions. It just goes to show that people are human and are prepared to think the worst without evidence. Reminds me of a recent thread

  10. #30

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    as the worst offender cooled his insults to newer ones. He just refined his insults to appear to be follwing the rules.
    Once again, you cower behind indirect insults like this. I can only assume your smarminess refers to me here, though you never, ever have the guts to say things directly (still waiting for you to tel us all "who" and "what" you "know" I am, by the way). I defy you to find any post on the philosophical thread or anywhere else that fits the criteria you have described above.

    You talk about refining insults to follow the rules? You are the mistress of that.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  11. #31

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    At the risk of being stoned by some of my Elvis fellows, I'd like to speak up for Getlo. Don't get me wrong, I like Gail and her stories very much as well as her humour and her sometimes ironic way of wording things. On account of the latter I was a little surprised that she had a problem with Getlo's way of expressing himself dryly.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    Especially for the 'Aloha thread' (or was it 'The Wests'?), ok both, I'd like to say that I find it was outstanding moderated, without big intervention (except Gail's ban!) and I also enjoyed reading JJ's posts very much.
    She broke the rules. She swore. She was banned. Why don't people get that?
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  12. #32

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    It appears as if we all should weigh our words...but Cameron, what you are doing is not a lot
    better than what others allegedly do
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    As you think. It's ok with me. You want Getlo, he's yours. IMO, he's full of it and loves hurting people. He's made it his lifes work.
    I take back what I said. A direct insult at last, as opposed to the passive-aggressive style of your usual standard.

    Note well, mods and everyone ... this did not begin with me. AGAIN.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  13. #33

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    I don't want anyone to think that I dislike Getlo, although I'm sure that he couldn't give two figs one way or another (as it appears to be his nature).
    Absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    he appears to see life in black and white, with no gray area's allowed. I choose to allow the grey area's, and I have decided that this is a huge part of where Getlo and I differ.
    When it comes to facts and figures about Elvis, most of them are black and white. There are far less grey areas in life than most people admit. Too many issues are clouded with unnecessary "what ifs". Reality is all that matters, not fantasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    And he does tend to speak about personal things in Elvis' life as if he knows them to be true.
    Yes, I do. I have read enough about the man, talked personally with many of his friends and associates (two of whom I am in semi-regular contact with) to be able to sift through the BS.

    When I write about what Elvis may have been feeling at a certain time or whatever, then obviously that is supposition (based entirely on what I know of the man).

    But if I tell you that an event happened at a certain time (or it didn't - if I hear that Elvis met Marilyn Monroe one more time, I'll weep), you can bet that I am right at least 99.99% of the time. If dozens of Elvis associates report an event in roughly the same way, then it is the truth.

    I say to you, and every poster on here: as I have said before. I apply the same standards to me as I do everyone here. I loathe myths, BS and just plain fantasy when it comes to Elvis. I want the absolute truth out there, no matter how vile, distasteful, beautiful, wonderful or whatever.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  14. #34

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Getlo's way of responding to posts sometimes is sorta 'rubbing off on me')
    As Mr Burns of the Simpsons says: "Eeeeeeexcellent!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    As Getlo says, "If you don't like a thread, don't post in it". It really is that simple, y'all.
    It should be, TT, but some just can't grasp that simplest of concepts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I, for one, miss Gail's posts and hope that she returns soon.
    She swore. She started a thread specifically being a smarty to me. She broke the rules. If the mods let her back in a week, so be it.

    I have had a few people here blame me for her banning. That's crap.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  15. #35
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Once again, you cower behind indirect insults like this. I can only assume your smarminess refers to me here, though you never, ever have the guts to say things directly (still waiting for you to tel us all "who" and "what" you "know" I am, by the way). I defy you to find any post on the philosophical thread or anywhere else that fits the criteria you have described above.

    You talk about refining insults to follow the rules? You are the mistress of that.
    No, it's you Getlo. I don't mind in the least naming you. Everyone knows as you're scattered all over the Internet and running people off. Yet you have no qualms about runing the name of any site.

    Who, what and when--that would be upsetting others plans for you.
    I'll just watch and wait.

    The "philosophical site" was deleted; as you well know.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  16. #36

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Everyone knows as you're scattered all over the Internet and running people off.
    This, my dear, is the only Elvis site where I choose to spend my time. Any other suggestion is a blatant lie.

    And if people run off because of lil ol' me ... well then, if they can't stand the heat ... etc

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Who, what and when--that would be upsetting others plans for you.
    The only person to have plans for me is me. These paranoid delusions of yours (which you've been saying for weeks now; it really is beyond a joke) are the stuff of spy novels.

    "Are they comin' to get me, is that it?" - Elvis, Houston 1970.

    Don't make me laugh ...
    Last edited by Getlo; 06-04-2008 at 07:58 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  17. #37
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    I really wish that the question of whether this thread was deleted or not would be laid to rest. Matt explained what happened, so did Albert, what more can they say? Are we going to go onto 20 more pages about it? It reminds me of a dog growling over a bone! Did I go too far?....I don't care.

    Diane

  18. #38
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    The "philosophical site" was deleted; as you well know.
    So you are saying I or someone deleted this thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I really wish that the question of whether this thread was deleted or not would be laid to rest. Matt explained what happened, so did Albert, what more can they say? Are we going to go onto 20 more pages about it? It reminds me of a dog growling over a bone! Did I go too far?....I don't care.

    Diane
    I guess some see conspiracies everywhere

  19. #39
    SleepyJack
    Guest
    It`s only words,and words are all I have to steal your heart away!!!..........GROUP HUG!!!

  20. #40
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    So you are saying I or someone deleted this thread?



    I guess some see conspiracies everywhere
    I don't see why you are getting the blame matt, you didn't do anything wrong and maybe if some are so interested than maybe they should go and find where the other thread who are you thread went too.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •