Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 553

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

  1. #81
    Backstage Pass Lainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    172
    This has been an interesting read. I hate to see that there are members here who have bad feelings toward one another. However, as in real life, it happens. I realize that this is a message board and therefore, I don't allow it to get underneath my skin. I have opinions, as does the next person but anything I claim to be "fact" I will surely have it backed up.

    Anyway, I'm glad to be here. As far as the mods go, they should post and interact with the members just as everyone else does. Sure, they are held to a "higher standard" but, they have their opinions as well.

    **After thought - Reading a person's typed words leaves so much open for interpretation for the reader of the post. Without the ability to see facial expressions or to hear voice inflections, sometimes it helps to give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

    Smilies are good, too...

  2. #82
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post

    Anyway, I'm glad to be here. As far as the mods go, they should post and interact with the members just as everyone else does. Sure, they are held to a "higher standard" but, they have their opinions as well.
    I agree with you on that. There is a question about the mods that I don't really understand however. Some of them join in and have fun and cut up and "mod" when they need to(Hey Mikey!), others join in and have very good thoughts and opinions and let the thread play out for a bit, others just simply say "enough..back on topic" and then there are some that never seem to say anything. I would love to know what the "mod" standard is. Is there a "mod" handbook? Are decisions made as a group, or as an individual? Does each mod have a time period that they are responsible for watching the board?

  3. #83
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I agree with you on that. There is a question about the mods that I don't really understand however. Some of them join in and have fun and cut up and "mod" when they need to(Hey Mikey!), others join in and have very good thoughts and opinions and let the thread play out for a bit, others just simply say "enough..back on topic" and then there are some that never seem to say anything. I would love to know what the "mod" standard is. Is there a "mod" handbook? Are decisions made as a group, or as an individual? Does each mod have a time period that they are responsible for watching the board?
    There are all sorts of different Mods on here and each of them has their own different way of dealing with an individual, as in life. We do however speak to one another and discuss issues that arise. No-one is above the other except Albert who is the administrator. Albert is very fair and mediates in an even handed way.

    I of course believe that you should be able to question what is said on the boards and join in the conversation.

  4. #84
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    There are all sorts of different Mods on here and each of them has their own different way of dealing with an individual, as in life. We do however speak to one another and discuss issues that arise. No-one is above the other except Albert who is the administrator. Albert is very fair and mediates in an even handed way.

    I of course believe that you should be able to question what is said on the boards and join in the conversation.
    Thanks Matt. I have often wondered about those things. Shows you how exciting my life is, right? I would love to see a "Mods Board of Director's" meeting!!

  5. #85
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Thanks Matt. I have often wondered about those things. Shows you how exciting my life is, right? I would love to see a "Mods Board of Director's" meeting!!
    We have board meetings all the time

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  6. #86
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    There are all sorts of different Mods on here and each of them has their own different way of dealing with an individual, as in life. We do however speak to one another and discuss issues that arise. No-one is above the other except Albert who is the administrator. Albert is very fair and mediates in an even handed way.

    I of course believe that you should be able to question what is said on the boards and join in the conversation.
    Thank you very much Matt, I agree

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  7. #87
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    We have board meetings all the time


    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  8. #88
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  9. #89
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    We have board meetings all the time

    Thanks tommy l needed a good laugh.

  10. #90
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Thanks tommy l needed a good laugh.

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  11. #91
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Hey Tommy, you been having meetings without me lol

  12. #92
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Hey Tommy, you been having meetings without me lol
    Us members are just keeping you important guys on your toes!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  13. #93
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Hey Tommy, you been having meetings without me lol
    Sorry

    Next time

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  14. #94
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    It's good to see the moderators have fun too.

    Diane

  15. #95
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It's good to see the moderators have fun too.

    Diane

    Oh YEAH we do

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  16. #96
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Oh YEAH we do
    I bet you guys do have fun....probably vote for the 'nut of the week' each time you meet...lol......have I ever won the honor more than once.....lol......
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  17. #97
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Oh YEAH we do
    No wonder you like having board meetings

  18. #98
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Oh YEAH we do
    I agree and its also great to see them take part in active discussions aswell!! Where's my buddy Mike @ these day's!!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    I bet you guys do have fun....probably vote for the 'nut of the week' each time you meet...lol......have I ever won the honor more than once.....lol......
    I bet you're in the running more than you know!!!

    Forever Best Friends

  20. #100
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    We have board meetings all the time
    Which one of you pounds the gavel and calls the meeting to order?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •