Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

MissyM

Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

Well, with the state of affairs his finances were in when he died, I'd have to beg to differ that he was as concerned that much. (about her bein wealthy) He made plenty of money and yet....didn't have much left. And no huge life insurance policy intact??????
    So unless you have something tangible by way of actions....I can not agree. What he left for all he made since she was born, what he invested in for assests...minimal at best.

I don't think Elvis had any idea how bad his finances were but if he did he would have fired all those guys that were laying around on his couches waiting for handouts! And, he probably would have sold Billy's doublewide to recoup some of his money!!
    There is no way that Elvis was not concerned about the welfare of his one and only child.
    Has anyone ever heard about the life insurance policy he had through Lloyds of London that was never cashed?

Forever Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    Well, with the state of affairs his finances were in when he died, I'd have to beg to differ that he was as concerned that much. (about her bein wealthy) He made plenty of money and yet....didn't have much left. And no huge life insurance policy intact??????
    I'm sorry Missy, but I just find it hard to believe that Elvis didn't care what sort of financial shape he left his only child in.What parent doesn't care? Any parent that loves their child will care ~always.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post

Has anyone ever heard about the life insurance policy he had through Lloyds of London that was never cashed?

I haven't, I'm curious to see who knows more about this!

In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    [/b]

I haven't, I'm curious to see who knows more about this!
    What!! I have never heard of this either.

I am sure elvis left this world knowing that his only child was well provided for....there was graceland for a start.
    elvislady

MissyM

I think you might be missing my point. Elvis thought he was doing well enough by Lisa. He wasn't stupid either. He knew he had enough assests, and future income to provide for her. Elvis didn't even want to be that rich himself. Why would he want his daughter to be wildly rich.
    Again, I do believe he felt he was more than adequately providing for her upon his death......(more than adequately does not equal multi-millionairess) I personally for my own reasons do not think he would have wanted that for her) But I rather end my part of the debate.

Oh and about this statement:
    "I don't think Elvis had any idea how bad his finances were but if he did he would have fired all those guys that were laying around on his couches waiting for handouts! And, he probably would have sold Billy's doublewide to recoup some of his money!!"

Then he would have been totally alone, with no one to wash his hair, care for him when he wanted to play around, and get ready for tour (that he obligated himself to) and a whole lot more functions they served. You weren't there. You don't know if they were sitting lazily on the couches 24/7..many were not even there on a daily basis anymore. But none the less, apparently what ever time and job they had...Elvis felt they were worth it. He found their relationship with them worthwhile.
    Last edited by MissyM; 05-12-2009 at 04:29 PM.

[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I think you might be missing my point. Elvis thought he was doing well enough by Lisa. He wasn't stupid either. He knew he had enough assests, and future income to provide for her. Elvis didn't even want to be that rich himself. Why would he want his daughter to be wildly rich.
    Again, I do believe he felt he was more than adequately providing for her upon his death......(more than adequately does not equal multi-millionairess) I personally for my own reasons do not think he would have wanted that for her) But I rather end my part of the debate.

Oh and about this statement:
    "I don't think Elvis had any idea how bad his finances were but if he did he would have fired all those guys that were laying around on his couches waiting for handouts! And, he probably would have sold Billy's doublewide to recoup some of his money!!"

Then he would have been totally alone, with no one to wash his hair, care for him when he wanted to play around, and get ready for tour (that he obligated himself to) and a whole lot more functions they served. You weren't there. You don't know if they were sitting lazily on the couches 24/7..many were not even there on a daily basis anymore. But none the less, apparently what ever time and job they had...Elvis felt they were worth it. He found their relationship with them worthwhile.

I have to disagree with you when you say he wouldn't have wanted her to have multi-millions...every parent (at least all that I know) would all like to see their children do better than them. I don't believe he was any different in that respect. He had money issues and he knew it - he would not have wanted his daughter to have to worry for a thing! He did, afterall, buy her diamonds and furs at the age of 5, right??? Only the best for his little girl is what that says to me.

Well no, I admit I wasn't there but were you??? As a relative of Elvis - did you ever meet him?

Forever Best Friends

TCB Mafia

[/B]

I have to disagree with you when you say he wouldn't have wanted her to have multi-millions...every parent (at least all that I know) would all like to see their children do better than them. I don't believe he was any different in that respect. He had money issues and he knew it - he would not have wanted his daughter to have to worry for a thing! He did, afterall, buy her diamonds and furs at the age of 5, right??? Only the best for his little girl is what that says to me.

Well no, I admit I wasn't there but were you??? As a relative of Elvis - did you ever meet him?

I don't see Elvis ever getting rid of his entourage for the very reasons Missy stated.

yes, I think Elvis would've wanted his daughter to be finacially secure for the rest of her life but don't know how he'd feel about her making millions of dollars by allowing people to put his face on a bunch of crappy merchandise and other tacky items.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I don't see Elvis ever getting rid of his entourage for the very reasons Missy stated.

yes, I think Elvis would've wanted his daughter to be finacially secure for the rest of her life but don't know how he'd feel about her making millions of dollars by allowing people to put his face on a bunch of crappy merchandise and other tacky items.
    So, you think it bothered him that the Colonel was selling those tacky white styrofoam hats?

Haven't you ever heard that he was in the process of letting more of them go? Had he not died I think he would have too.

Forever Best Friends

TCB Mafia

So, you think it bothered him that the Colonel was selling those tacky white styrofoam hats?

Haven't you ever heard that he was in the process of letting more of them go? Had he not died I think he would have too.
    It might have though I give Colonel Parker credit those hats and other items he sold weren't near as tacky as the stuff EPE sells today imo. and you also have to remember Lisa is his daughter.

The only person that I've heard he was going to fire was Joe Esposito
    He might've fired a certain person here or there depending on the situation but as far as him getting rid of his whole entourage I bet it would've never happened.
    Last edited by Brian; 05-12-2009 at 10:42 PM.

It might have though I give Colonel Parker credit those hats and other items he sold weren't near as tacky as the stuff EPE sells today imo. and you also have to remember Lisa is his daughter.

The only person that I've heard he was going to fire was Joe Esposito
    He might've fired a certain person here or there depending on the situation but as far as him getting rid of his whole entourage I bet it would've never happened.

No, I don't think he was getting rid of ALL of them but there were several leaving.
    I just don't think it would bother him about the stuff being sold...he'd probably have the same opinion I have - you don't like it - don't buy it! Pretty simple really.

Forever Best Friends

TCB Mafia

No, I don't think he was getting rid of ALL of them but there were several leaving.
    I just don't think it would bother him about the stuff being sold...he'd probably have the same opinion I have - you don't like it - don't buy it! Pretty simple really.

Who were they?

you have peaked my interest who besides Esposito was he going to fire?

Your face isn't on a bunch of crappy merchandise though you've been a tourist at Graceland and you have a choice of whether to buy the items but Elvis doesn't have a choice of whether or not he wants his face on all of them. Coffee mugs, Calenders, T-shirts those things I think are okay but some others I don't know if he'd like it.
    Lisa could still make money but do it in a more tasteful way.

COMPLETELY agree with you there Brian.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar

The uncashed Lloyd's of London life insurance policy is something that I have only heard mentioned in the context of the 'Elvis is alive' stories, if that tells you anything.

According to Billy (as told by Lamar), Lamar Fike was about to be fired as well.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet View Post
    The uncashed Lloyd's of London life insurance policy is something that I have only heard mentioned in the context of the 'Elvis is alive' stories, if that tells you anything.
    Correct.

Why on earth would Elvis have bothered insuring with Lloyds of London anyway?

It's nonsense.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar

Who were they?

you have peaked my interest who besides Esposito was he going to fire?

Your face isn't on a bunch of crappy merchandise though you've been a tourist at Graceland and you have a choice of whether to buy the items but Elvis doesn't have a choice of whether or not he wants his face on all of them. Coffee mugs, Calenders, T-shirts those things I think are okay but some others I don't know if he'd like it.
    Lisa could still make money but do it in a more tasteful way.
    I agree, The Elvis Duck is a good case in point..

The question should be, Why Epe, Why!!??

My GOODNESS, Im embarrassed on behalf of Elvis

A friend just sent me this (one of my favourites
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNfIiGsLw"]YouTube - Elvis[/ame]

Dont know if I post it here - or if it should be somewhere else.

I agree with you, Gail. I do think Elvis would have liked Lisa having multi- millions...why wouldn't he? Lisa never has to struggle!

I don't know if you will get an answer about her meeting Elvis or Priscilla, I have asked several times...

franny