Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 553

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

  1. #221
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Even more so when you add to the mix that one member announced that Elvis told her personally that he did not wear underwear!

    JJ...you asked me if I will question why there is a negative response to my above comment, correct? Absolutely NOT, I can promise you the negative response will come from one of two members! And I will always question an announcement from a member that Elvis told her personally that he didn't wear underwear! And I don't consider asking the question as "stoaking the fires."
    Last edited by utmom2008; 04-21-2009 at 12:34 PM.

  2. #222
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    I have also noticed that alot of people have left this board. Many of them were good members who had a lot to offer and enjoyed good discussions. It is too bad that these are the type of members that feel they would rather move on. There are some who we would welcome their departure!

    I agree with Rosanne, to sit and read people's stories of how they were a part Elvis' life and had personal conversations with him and not to ask questions about it is crazy! Of course we are going to question and be in doubt! If you can not show the proof then say nothing or be prepared to be "raked over the coals"!!! We will not sit and let people think we are that gullible to believe some of these "made up stories"! Gee, I do not remember the last time I asked a guy if he was wearing any underwear!

  3. #223
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Gee, I do not remember the last time I asked a guy if he was wearing any underwear!
    You don't?

  4. #224
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    That being said...here is my question. You and Cameron clearly did not "get on", you were both very vocal about it. When Cameron posted that she knew Presidents on a first name basis you were right in there with us, page after page of demanding proof. It reached a point where she said "have a nice life", and we haven't seen her since(maybe?). Was that "sabatage", or was that "debate"? IMO ....we all were allowed to "have at it" because Cameron wasn't one of your favorites.
    We all knew who cameron was, if you can show me where I was rude or inappropriate or didn't ask salient questions I will apologise. I believe cameron left because he/she wasn't able to back up their numerous overblown statements. Please tell me who my favourites are?

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    JJ...you asked me if I will question why there is a negative response to my above comment, correct? Absolutely NOT, I can promise you the negative response will come from one of two members! And I will always question an announcement from a member that Elvis told her personally that he didn't wear underwear! And I don't consider asking the question as "stoaking the fires."
    I simply don't understand the fixation with the individual you are discussing? Does it really matter in the scheme of things what they say? Yes there is photograpic evidence to suggest that Elvis wore underwear.. Argument over To make reference to this subject over and over is IMO stoaking the coals.

  5. #225
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate


    > Elvis Presley, boxers or briefs? just for fun. you can say why but
    > dont have to.


    Neither.

    Marty
    What he wore on stage was dancers briefs but in his personal life he wore no
    underwear.


    When he was taking his physical for the army he knew he had to wear them, he
    couldn't stand there in front of the doctors and other enlistees stark
    naked. he also knew there would be cameras there.
    Marty

    .......................

  6. #226

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    TCB is a BIG topic of discussion on alot of other MB's. These are not old posts either, but very recent ones. And they all come to the same conclusion.
    Other forums are more relaxed about discussing their "opposition". Here, if a thread starts to run another website down, the discussion is closed. Which, depending on your point of view, is either a good or bad thing. I think it's fine: there's a place for every type of Elvis forum.

    Elsewhere, if someone wanted to run TCB World down, they have free reign to do so.

    I can virtually guarantee that there are just as many complaints about FECC, AEK etc as there are about TCB World. And just as many members leaving, or swapping over to other forums. TCB is no different in that regard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I simply don't understand the fixation with the individual you are discussing. Does it really matter in the scheme of things what they say?
    JJ, when someone comes on here - or anywhere for that matter - saying they "knew" Elvis, or "knew" three presidents, then they have to expect to get called on it. Sparks only fly when they clam up and refuse to offer more than "Oh, I don't have to say anything to the likes of you" or whatever.

    As you know, plenty of liars, frauds, fakes and bull****ters abound in the Elvis world. If it's likely someone is spreading crap either about Elvis or their relationship with him ... well, sorry, but they need to be nipped in the bud. There's enough crap going around about Elvis already.

    Cameron left because everyone (well, almost everyone) saw through her Reagan and Clinton tales. She will tell you it's because certain posters (myself included, presumably) were aggressive and challenging without reason. And she, along with a couple of others from here who shall remain nameless, have been spending their time on other MBs running this great site down.

    Lakeisha left because it was obvious he had multiple ids (here and elsewhere) and he was a rather boring mouthpiece for Sillerman. And I know I wasn't the only one offended by his fake "ghetto black chick/model" personality. Endless posts on the same thing, over and over. No wonder people jacked up.

    Genie has told her tales here. People, naturally, have questioned their veracity. And as soon as the questions start, she clams up. As soon as the holes in her tales are pointed out, she's gone, at least for a while. She was exposed - in great detail - over on AEK, so she quit posting there, at least for a while.

    So, in the scheme of things, I think it does matter what people say. I'm not talking about specifics like undies or whatever, but bigger things like relationships with Elvis.

    And if people don't think things like this matter, just remember ... that's how Wanda June Hill got started. In the pre-internet days, she was allowed virtually free reign and it was difficult to call her on her obviously fraudulent claims.

    If someone here did know Elvis, even in a small way, I find it inconceivable that they'd want to keep everything secret and just assume we'd all believe them. I, for one, need something more tangible.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Getlo; 04-21-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  7. #227
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    We all knew who cameron was, if you can show me where I was rude or inappropriate or didn't ask salient questions I will apologise. I believe cameron left because he/she wasn't able to back up their numerous overblown statements. Please tell me who my favourites are?
    When I joined this place Cameron had just joined as well, days before. If I was to believe what he told on himself, he was a man, from Oklahoma. It was only through you, and your public battle with Cameron, as well as others here, that I learned that maybe he/she wasn't who he/she said they were. I never said you were rude, ever! I did say you badgered her for answers, just as we have badgered Genie for more proof to back up her stories of grandeur, or "overblown statements." We would all be rather obtuse to accept her claims as she has presented them.
    As for your favorites.....obviously Genie must be one of them. It's easier to tell who aren't your favorites however.




    Quote Originally Posted by jumpsuitjunkie View Post
    I simply don't understand the fixation with the individual you are discussing? Does it really matter in the scheme of things what they say? Yes there is photograpic evidence to suggest that Elvis wore underwear.. Argument over To make reference to this subject over and over is IMO stoaking the coals.
    Touche! I guess I never completely understood your fixation with Cameron either, personality clashes I guess would be the answer.

    "Does it really matter in the scheme of things what they say?"
    I don't know, you tell me. It seemed to matter when it came to friendships with US Presidents, and it seems to matter in reference to a mystical relationship with Elvis Presley. "Stoaking the "coals?" You have your opinion, and I have mine.

  8. #228
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    My two cents, to be fair.

    I spoke with both Cameron (a little) and AJ (a lot more) and they are different people.

    I spoke with both before any of the fights broke out, especially AJ. Who else did, on here?

    Furthermore, AJ is a friend of another poster on here, and they hold a site together. That person, if you want to say something, if you read this, think of something sparkling, for your name.

    Cameron was a man!

    Getlo, you speak so much like Scott Jenkins (SRJ1967), it's eerie. You act like him, you live in Sydney, I believe that you have indicated that you know him, have the similar work background.

    Same thing as the perception of AJ and Cameron.

    I also don't think that Cameron had any reason nor motive to lie. He didn't show any ego as I read his posts, it didn't seem in his character.

    There are people who spoil it for others; however, it's so easy to spot the fakes, as they are unstable, and trip themselves up, emotionally. There have been some of late in the news and a woman who admitted in the end, that she had a "Ghost and Mrs Muir" relationship with Elvis. She, the poor thing, was very unstable.

    Speaking generally, no-one knows for sure who Elvis spoke with, so assumptions on Wanda aren't warranted. Again, if you read what she writes extensively, which I have done, you pick up the type of person she is. With what I've been told, I have my own opinion. I'm not going to fight over it. Mrs Hill is a lovely, lovely, lady, who doesn't need to be knocked on here, being used as an example, as you don't know anything for sure.

    This isn't a Court of Law.

    Didn't anyone ever teach anyone that it's the quiet people whom you listen to, you watch, and more than likely believe, not the ones who trumpet the most? .

    What I believe, when it comes to life, and ruining a trust. All we have is our word, and our honesty. If we don't have that, in my opinion, we have nothing, as an individual. To break a trust, is the worst thing anyone can do to another human being.

    Genie is real, I am honest, and no, I'm not gullible.

  9. #229
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    .......................
    Thank you for the quotes Jess, but you always tell us that Marty Lacker is scum of the earth and not to believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth.

  10. #230
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Thank you for the quotes Jess, but you always tell us that Marty Lacker is scum of the earth and not to believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth.


    Thank you, Utmom. Please find that with a search, and show where I used those words.

    I don't think that this subject is something that a Publisher will want exaggerated.

    Please also note that other people have quoted Joe saying the same.

    I'd be happy to read a book on the subject, though




  11. #231
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Didn't anyone ever teach anyone that it's the quiet people whom you listen to, you watch, and more than likely believe, not the ones who trumpet the most? .
    If we follow those guidelines, then Genie most certainly is not to be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by jess'299972
    Genie is real, I am honest, and no, I'm not gullible.
    Just for public record, I'm not the one that said you were gullible.

  12. #232
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    If we follow those guidelines, then Genie most certainly is not to be believed.


    Just for public record, I'm not the one that said you were gullible.


    It depends on one's outlook, background, and life experiences.

    That was dear, Diane, a lovely lady. You agreed with your favourite or

    I'm going to leave it at that, as I don't enjoy these "debates" obviously, many other people don't like to feel bad either, and of course, some love to read people feeling uncomfortable. Again, depends on the person.

    I prefer to be positive, welcoming, and supportive of all, until they prove me different.

    Have a nice day.

  13. #233
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    We all knew who cameron was
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I spoke with both Cameron (a little) and AJ (a lot more) and they are different people.

    Cameron was a man!

    Something tells me that the two of you are not on the same page here.

  14. #234
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That was dear, Diane, a lovely lady. You agreed with your favourite or
    Correct, it was Diane. I guess it was okie-dokie for Diane to say it, but horrible for me to agree.
    If you don't like my responses put me on your "ignore" list..I promise it won't hurt my feelings.
    Have a nice night! lol!
    Last edited by utmom2008; 04-21-2009 at 09:52 PM.

  15. #235

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Getlo, you speak so much like Scott Jenkins (SRJ1967), it's eerie. You act like him, you live in Sydney, I believe that you have indicated that you know him, have the similar work background.
    There are many Elvis fans in Sydney. He and I are but two of them. Similar work backgrounds, yes, but not the same.

    For the record, my initials are KD, which the Mods can verify.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Speaking generally, no-one knows for sure who Elvis spoke with, so assumptions on Wanda aren't warranted.
    The first part of your sentence is quite correct. The second is not. Hill has been proven to be, shall we say, not exactly living in the real world. None of her claims stands up to even the smallest scrutiny. Perhaps she's like that mentaly-unstable "Mrs Muir" you mentioned. Either way, I find her very sad. She needs help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Again, if you read what she writes extensively, which I have done, you pick up the type of person she is.
    Indeed you do. She's a nutcase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Genie is real, I am honest, and no, I'm not gullible.
    If you choose to believe someone simply because they say they knew Elvis, that's your call. Faith is one thing, but that is another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I spoke with both Cameron (a little) and AJ (a lot more) and they are different people
    "Spoke", as in on the phone or in person?

    Interesting that Lakeisha - Cameron's "good friend" - defended them here once by saying that "she's" a good person.

    Cameron a man? I think not.
    Last edited by Getlo; 04-22-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  16. #236

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    I do beg your pardon but the modertor is correct. You could at least type my name into your comment, as though I were a person! Thank you.
    Fine.

    Genie said Elvis never wore underwear.

    "Never" being the key word.

    Clearly, that's not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Many explanations can be given, many facts as well.
    Indeed. Many facts can also be regurgitated - almost word-for-word, it seems - from books and other sources. Like the undies stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Personally, I find you argumentive and sassy
    Thank you. I will always debate and argue to get to the truth of any matter. And personally, I find you arrogant if you expect people to believe what you say about you and your "friend" Elvis simply because you said it.

    You may very well have been Elvis' friend. However, you have not offered one scintilla of proof so far, and all of what you have said can be found in various forms in books and the like.

    Do you have any photos? Autographs? Gifts? Letters? Anyone who can verify your story, even a little? What are the times and years you met Elvis, and where? What were you doing at the time? Ages? Dates? Places? Anything!

    Let me be blunt: I simply don't believe you. You don't care that I don't believe your tales, and that's okay. And, save for a couple on here, no one else believes you yet either.

    I say yet: there's still plenty of time to show us the real truth.

    To your credit, though, you haven't gone down the Wanda June Hill route of writing a fairytale of a book and pretending it's real.

    And, as I've said before - and anyone can see this for themselves - your tales were dissected and disproven over on AEK. I suggest anyone who's in doubt go over there, have a look around for "Aladdin" and glean the info for themselves. Don't just take my word for it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    so you'll have none from this long time Elvis fan/friend
    You've said that before, but you keep responding to me. And that's fine, I don't mind.
    Last edited by Getlo; 04-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  17. #237
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Let's put this in context.

    Genie qualified the statement, and I confirmed what she said with Marty Lacker's words, after searching, you are just trying to save face, including stating Elvis should then have been nude in front of the cameras for the Army.

    I just proved what she has said, and you try to discredit that.

    People have to be so careful how they phrase things on here, and it's not right.

    I can vouch for Genie's character, but obviously that doesn't count, in this regard, as far as you would be concerned.

    Marty Lacker used to call us mother and daughter (I'm proud to say we feel that way) just as he wanted his bully bodyguards on that site, to pick on me. My crime? I was new, and stood up for Genie. Marty boasted that he picked on the fans for fun, and loved to do it! He running me down, was his green light for his bullies to attack. He then called me too sweet, as that was a crime. (He then name dropped Ann-Margret calling her sweet, I asked him the difference, lol, he couldn't reply). Marty Lacker is just a bully to the fans, and he loves every minute of it. Please look up his name, and Devildog (*donkey, lol) and Broadway.

    There were reasons they ripped into Genie and tried to discredit her, amongst them, their reasons being, they loved to do it. They love to have a clique, there has been many years of picking on people, look it up. Ask Scott Jenkins, or Pat from FECC about their run-in with Marty Lacker on AEK Lounge, and what they think of him... You will hear some interesting adjectives, I bet.

    Truely, a fellow did his Thesis on the personalities on AEK, as it was that bad.

    Marty Lacker was rude to Herman from Herman's Hermits when he came onto AEK. He was rude to Elvis' friends, too. His bullies were disgusting to a previous girlfriend of Elvis', calling her a *****, as well as close friends, two that I found, on there. Lacker then backstabbed many others, including family, and MM that he doesn't like.

    Genie stood up for Elvis, because of Lacker running he and his family down, so they were downright disgusting to Genie. Come on, he has an agenda, and it's not about being good to the friends/fans. Fans aren't even welcome on the new AEK Lounge if they post over two posts a day, it upsets him. They have closed the place to new members, now, after FECC members joined, and then they kicked them out after bullying them.

    Marty and his bullies couldn't disprove anything with Genie, and I tell you, they tried very hard.

    If someone speaks badly to me, and asks something of me in a tone, it won't happen with me, either, and I bet with most people. If someone is kind, I'll give them the shirt off my back, same with Genie.




  18. #238
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Correct, it was Diane. I guess it was okie-dokie for Diane to say it, but horrible for me to agree.
    If you don't like my responses put me on your "ignore" list..I promise it won't hurt my feelings.
    Have a nice night! lol!

    Please stop twisting my words, and changing the context, thank you.

  19. #239

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Genie qualified the statement
    Really? Where?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    you are just trying to save face, including stating Elvis should then have been nude in front of the cameras for the Army.
    Er, well in your own words:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Please stop twisting my words, and changing the context, thank you.


    So just where did I say, suggest or hint at Elvis should then have been nude for the army cameras. Nowhere did I say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I just proved what she has said, and you try to discredit that.
    You've done no such thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I can vouch for Genie's character
    Really? Met her, have you? Chatted with her on the phone perhaps?

    Okay then, can you verify her claims of being friends with Elvis, or are you simply choosing to believe her prima facie?

    And you didn't say how you spoke to cameron "and" ajr either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Marty and his bullies couldn't disprove anything with Genie
    The evidence - for all to see if they search - begs to differ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    and I tell you, they tried very hard.
    It didn't take much effort, really.

    And why are you raising the issue of Lacker over on AEK? It has nothing to do with what we're talking about. So Marty's a bully over there. So what? It doesn't alter the fact that - so far - Genie has zero credibility.
    Last edited by Getlo; 04-22-2009 at 03:19 AM.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  20. #240
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    JJ, when someone comes on here - or anywhere for that matter - saying they "knew" Elvis, or "knew" three presidents, then they have to expect to get called on it. Sparks only fly when they clam up and refuse to offer more than "Oh, I don't have to say anything to the likes of you" or whatever.

    As you know, plenty of liars, frauds, fakes and bull****ters abound in the Elvis world. If it's likely someone is spreading crap either about Elvis or their relationship with him ... well, sorry, but they need to be nipped in the bud. There's enough crap going around about Elvis already.

    Cameron left because everyone (well, almost everyone) saw through her Reagan and Clinton tales. She will tell you it's because certain posters (myself included, presumably) were aggressive and challenging without reason. And she, along with a couple of others from here who shall remain nameless, have been spending their time on other MBs running this great site down.

    Lakeisha left because it was obvious he had multiple ids (here and elsewhere) and he was a rather boring mouthpiece for Sillerman. And I know I wasn't the only one offended by his fake "ghetto black chick/model" personality. Endless posts on the same thing, over and over. No wonder people jacked up.

    Genie has told her tales here. People, naturally, have questioned their veracity. And as soon as the questions start, she clams up. As soon as the holes in her tales are pointed out, she's gone, at least for a while. She was exposed - in great detail - over on AEK, so she quit posting there, at least for a while.

    So, in the scheme of things, I think it does matter what people say. I'm not talking about specifics like undies or whatever, but bigger things like relationships with Elvis.

    And if people don't think things like this matter, just remember ... that's how Wanda June Hill got started. In the pre-internet days, she was allowed virtually free reign and it was difficult to call her on her obviously fraudulent claims.

    If someone here did know Elvis, even in a small way, I find it inconceivable that they'd want to keep everything secret and just assume we'd all believe them. I, for one, need something more tangible.

    Cheers.
    This is a more eloquent and respectful post without being brash...

    What I dislike (and I would like to think I'm more relaxed about what is said in threads) is when people are being harassed without provocation. To simply call out an individual on prior misdemeanour's is not warranted.

    Someone can be challenged without being rude or argumentative. I would like to think there are people on here who are clever enough to use reasoned arguments rather than blunt words to get their point across. It is also not beyond people to use the claimants own words to prove a point e.g. 'You said this earlier and now you claim...'

    To be perfectly honest, as has been claimed against me about cameron, it is all to common to look like you are pursuing a vendetta rather that a reasoned debate. A reason why over the last 12 month's I have taken a back seat in these events.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •