Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 553

Thread: TCB - Philosophical Debate

  1. #201
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    I agree with Rosanne and Gail! There has been alot of things on here bothering me lately. It seems some people can come on and say things and get away with it while others get "raked over the coals" for petty things! It is getting to the point where I am afraid to joke anymore.

    I also have to agree it is hard to sit by and read post after post how someone knew Elvis, yet will not say how they knew him or give any details. Most of us love Elvis and have for many years, IF you knew Elvis tell us the details! Why would you not tell us? Who are you going to harm? You are certainly not going to hurt Elvis' feeling anymore by telling us a little about the situation of knowing him. If I knew him I would bursting to tell how and why to other fans, or say nothing at all!
    I agree with Rosanne it is reasonable to question people who claim they know Elvis.....Elvis Presley was no joke, he deserves much more respect and we has fans will make sure he gets it! He is not some fantasy, he was a human being!

  2. #202

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    The more things change, the more they stay the same ...

    As I've said on countless occasions ... with regards to "knowing" Elvis ...

    EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

    Have the courage of your convictions to put up your real name, or at the very least details of how the knowing of Elvis allegedly came about.

    Until then, it's just fairytales and I cannot comprehend why anyone would automatically believe these claims without more proof than "I knew him".

    Then again, people buy Wanda June Hill's crap as well, so there's no accounting for taste.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  3. #203
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Amen..........

    Diane

  4. #204
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    I agree with my previous speakers. But I would like to add something.

    It seems to me that we don't have much (Elvis)topics left to debate on.
    Every time a subject is raised concerning Elvis, Priscilla, MM, Lisa, Parker, etc., the second post would be 'oh no, not again' and at the latest the fifth post would be a Mod warning to close the thread.

    If we cannot talk about Elvis and everything connected to him here on an Elvis board without being constantly told how to behave and told what we all are not allowed to say (not meaning someone in particular), well...I beg your pardon!

    I too like to look at Elvis pics and videos, but the essential Elvis topics I am interested in the most are the ones I mentioned above and it's sad to see that people who either have seen Elvis in concert, have met him, his family and friends in person, or people who have a great knowledge (or opinions) of the Elvis world don't post much anymore.
    I think this is a big loss for all of us .

  5. #205
    I Dreamed a Dream Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    17,834

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    We try very hard to leave threads open, we think long and hard before closing a thread, after repeated warnings.

    I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

  6. #206
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post

    Every time a subject is raised concerning Elvis, Priscilla, MM, Lisa, Parker, etc., the second post would be 'oh no, not again' and at the latest the fifth post would be a Mod warning to close the thread.

    If we cannot talk about Elvis and everything connected to him here on an Elvis board without being constantly told how to behave and told what we all are not allowed to say (not meaning someone in particular), well...I beg your pardon!

    I too like to look at Elvis pics and videos, but the essential Elvis topics I am interested in the most are the ones I mentioned above and it's sad to see that people who either have seen Elvis in concert, have met him, his family and friends in person, or people who have a great knowledge (or opinions) of the Elvis world don't post much anymore.
    I think this is a big loss for all of us .
    You have made some valid points Tina! I would like to add one comment though as far as closing the thread.....it all depends on which mod is "on the clock" so to speak. As I said before, we were allowed to hammer the "President's friend" member last July, but had a different mod been "on duty" there's no telling where it would have ended up(other than closed). I think we all would benefit from some consistency with the forum rules, instead of feeling like it's all up to "what mod likes what member" so to speak. When questions do arise, and we PM a mod for a more in depth answer we always get the same reply...."I wasn't on that day so I'm not familiar with any of the background info leading up to this." Again.....I just think consistency would help all of us.

    As for your last comments Tina, yes, you are right. I do know for sure that there are a few members that have left and/or are not posting because of all the reasons you listed. And that's really too bad.

  7. #207

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I agree with my previous speakers. But I would like to add something.

    It seems to me that we don't have much (Elvis)topics left to debate on.
    Every time a subject is raised concerning Elvis, Priscilla, MM, Lisa, Parker, etc., the second post would be 'oh no, not again' and at the latest the fifth post would be a Mod warning to close the thread.

    If we cannot talk about Elvis and everything connected to him here on an Elvis board without being constantly told how to behave and told what we all are not allowed to say (not meaning someone in particular), well...I beg your pardon!

    I too like to look at Elvis pics and videos, but the essential Elvis topics I am interested in the most are the ones I mentioned above and it's sad to see that people who either have seen Elvis in concert, have met him, his family and friends in person, or people who have a great knowledge (or opinions) of the Elvis world don't post much anymore.
    I think this is a big loss for all of us .
    I echo your comment tina... when i look around this forum of late i see less and less posts from other memebers because we dont know what to put in are threads for fear of being told we are being rude, nasty, or attacking other memebers.. this makes me feel really sad i am not that sort of person.
    jeanette

  8. #208
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    I don't think real consistency is possible among mods as they are separate individuals like anyone else with different breaking points etc. I feel they do the best they can dealing with the problems that arise on this site.

    Diane

  9. #209

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I don't think real consistency is possible among mods as they are separate individuals
    Real consistency should be possible, individual personalities notwithstanding. I think the mods are generally consistent.

    If two posters are going at it (not that I've ever been involved in anything like that of course! ), then as long as there are no names or swearing thrown, then they should be able to continue. The three-week ban both Jess and I copped over our back-n-forth about a stranded whale last year was quite over the top. Both she and I were having some fun.

    Unless an actual poster is offended by another's attempts at wit or whatever (sarcasm included) then the thread should continue.

    And tangents are another bug bear of mine. The underwear tangent on the "Elvis unguarded moment" thread is a perfect case in point, and related entirely to Elvis being unguarded.
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

  10. #210

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Real consistency should be possible, individual personalities notwithstanding. I think the mods are generally consistent.

    If two posters are going at it (not that I've ever been involved in anything like that of course! ), then as long as there are no names or swearing thrown, then they should be able to continue. The three-week ban both Jess and I copped over our back-n-forth about a stranded whale last year was quite over the top. Both she and I were having some fun.

    Unless an actual poster is offended by another's attempts at wit or whatever (sarcasm included) then the thread should continue.

    And tangents are another bug bear of mine. The underwear tangent on the "Elvis unguarded moment" thread is a perfect case in point, and related entirely to Elvis being unguarded.

    elvislady

  11. #211
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    It's never been my intention to try and stop a thread but I do feel I have to right to speak up if something in it is offensive to me. I don't expect to be agreed with. I guess I don't understand some women of today. I stopped giggling over boys underpants by the time I was 13. I just want to voice my opinion and if that's offensive to some, then I guess we're even.

    Diane
    Last edited by Diane; 03-31-2009 at 08:31 AM.

  12. #212
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It's never been my intention to try and stop a thread but I do feel I have to right to speak up if something in it is offensive to me. I don't expect to be agreed with. I guess I don't understand some women of today. I stopped giggling over boys underpants by the time I was 13. I just want to voice my opinion and if that's offensive to some, then I guess we're even.

    Diane
    Well said, Diane.

    franny

  13. #213
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    The more things change, the more they stay the same ...
    The above quote seems to resonate quite a bit lately.

  14. #214

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    After reading the latest heated "debate" in Try To Put Yourself in Elvis' Shoes I have to ask everyone here - have you ever googled TCB-World and read all the discussions on other boards about this board? Seems there have been many members that have all left for the same reason. Makes me wonder why "nobody noticed" that everyone is leaving.

    Forever Best Friends

  15. #215
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    After reading the latest heated "debate" in Try To Put Yourself in Elvis' Shoes I have to ask everyone here - have you ever googled TCB-World and read all the discussions on other boards about this board? Seems there have been many members that have all left for the same reason. Makes me wonder why "nobody noticed" that everyone is leaving.
    As a matter of fact, I have done that recently.
    TCB is a BIG topic of discussion on alot of other MB's. These are not old posts either, but very recent ones. And they all come to the same conclusion.
    And yes, we are losing members in droves, and I hate that!

  16. #216
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    After reading the latest heated "debate" in Try To Put Yourself in Elvis' Shoes I have to ask everyone here - have you ever googled TCB-World and read all the discussions on other boards about this board? Seems there have been many members that have all left for the same reason. Makes me wonder why "nobody noticed" that everyone is leaving.
    Of course I noticed that too, very sad indeed .

  17. #217
    TCB Mafia Miss Clawdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany & Norway
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    On page four there are several deleted posts and the the flippant remark about freedom of speech....
    Are you referring to one of my favourite remarks ? Which was by the way not meant flippant like you want to read it!

    I think it's Everyone's right to express one's view not matter if others may not bear your opinion or disagree therein with you.

    And when posts are being removed or threads closed...I might come to the conclusion that there is no Freedom of Speech allowed here, because the reasons why those actions are taken are really, excuse me....childish.

    We are adults discussing Elvis and his concerns, do you think in 'real life' someone would have to leave the table/room because he/she is asking another member for proof or stating disbelief or disagreement ?

    The way for example Rosanne is wording questions or opinions, you say it's 'stoaking the coals', I would say it is a part of her personality and I cannot see any ill intent behind it.

    I am enjoying the discussion we have here right now and my intentions are not to offend anyone or to be disrespectful at all.

  18. #218

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    After reading the latest heated "debate" in Try To Put Yourself in Elvis' Shoes I have to ask everyone here - have you ever googled TCB-World and read all the discussions on other boards about this board? Seems there have been many members that have all left for the same reason. Makes me wonder why "nobody noticed" that everyone is leaving.
    Yes i have noticed to on other forums this one gets a lot of bad feedback... i often have a look for certain members who i have not seen on here in a while now i know why! this forum is turning into a "no freedom of speech allowed"
    elvislady

  19. #219
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie
    Semantics, pure and simple. When two members who clearly don't get on 'have at it' in thread after thread is that debate?.... maybe, I would also say that it is sabotage.
    That being said...here is my question. You and Cameron clearly did not "get on", you were both very vocal about it. When Cameron posted that she knew Presidents on a first name basis you were right in there with us, page after page of demanding proof. It reached a point where she said "have a nice life", and we haven't seen her since(maybe?). Was that "sabatage", or was that "debate"? IMO ....we all were allowed to "have at it" because Cameron wasn't one of your favorites.
    Last edited by utmom2008; 04-21-2009 at 12:13 PM.

  20. #220
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021

    Re: TCB - Philosophical Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Clawdy View Post
    I think it's Everyone's right to express one's view not matter if others may not bear your opinion or disagree therein with you.

    And when posts are being removed or threads closed...I might come to the conclusion that there is no Freedom of Speech allowed here, because the reasons why those actions are taken are really, excuse me....childish.

    We are adults discussing Elvis and his concerns, do you think in 'real life' someone would have to leave the table/room because he/she is asking another member for proof or stating disbelief or disagreement ?

    The way for example Rosanne is wording questions or opinions, you say it's 'stoaking the coals', I would say it is a part of her personality and I cannot see any ill intent behind it.

    I am enjoying the discussion we have here right now and my intentions are not to offend anyone or to be disrespectful at all.
    Every word of your post rings true Tina!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •