Thread: Elvis and June Carter Cash - Johnny Cash jealous!

Loving elvis

Elvis and June Carter Cash - Johnny Cash jealous!

Scheduled for republication in the US by the Thomas Nelson group on 3 June, is the biography: "Anchored In Love: An Intimate Portrait of June Carter Cash". Written by John Carter Cash, the son of Johnny and June Carter Cash, the biography includes a very interesting story about the relationship between Elvis and June:

Throughout my life, I would see Mom get a mischievous twinkle in her eye whenever she mentioned Elvis Presley. Her eyes would flash merrily, and she would say, "you know, son, your father was always jealous of Elvis." She even told me once that she sometimes wondered what would havew happened if she had fallen in love with Elvis.

Mom and Elvis occasionally toured together, along with other performers, sometimes including Mother Maybelline and one or more of June's sisters. The Carter's were friends of Elvis, and there are stories about Mother Maybelline sewing buttons on Elvis' shirts when they popped off during his wild onstage gyrations.

Though Mom always maintained that she never had an affair with Elvis, Carl [her first husband] believed differently and perhaps for good reason. After Carl moved out of their Madison home, Mom would sometimes let Elvis stay at the house to "rest" after a tour.

2008/06/01 www.elvisinfonet.com / www.epgold.com

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    she was not the fooling around kind - although she had a great sense of humor.
    there's the story about Johnny finding her stash of 'love letters' from Elvis and throwing them away in a fit of anger to which she countered 'what'd you do that for, those letters are worth a lot of money, now'

i don't know how valid this is, i've been under the impression that Elvis hated to write letters.
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Cadillac King
    I really don't know how Elvis had any time to sing when he was busy sleeping with every woman on the planet (he forgot me!).

Loving elvis
    Did anybody ever read any books on june which had elvis mentioned in them ??