Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concert Tickets:Diagonal line vs. non diagonal Line

Concert Tickets:Diagonal line vs. non diagonal Line

A poster brought up an interesting point..
    why do some Elvis tickets have a Diagonal Line and some don't??..
    He said that "fake " tickets have a line..but this CAN'T be true..since I've seen tons of real tickets with a diagonal line....and my personal ticket has a diagonal line...
    yet some don't have diagonal line..
    anyone know what it's for??..does this mean that it was a sold out concert???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails norman26-03-77.jpg  

I have a number of EP concert tickets and have always avoided the ones with the "slash." IMO, all the ones that I've ever seen are REPLICAS, were represented as such, and they sell price-wise - accordingly.

- Capt. "EL."

Yep!

Exactly what I was trying to explain in the other forum. I saw a package of 20-25 tickets with slash in Memphis (early 80's) for sale as souvenirs. So I considered them fakes also.

Hence, my skeptical focus on our hardcore resident "Wade - The Cup Man" Howard.

That said, ......... I do enjoy some of the posts he is bringing to the MB recently.

- Capt. "EL."

Coming On Strong
    My concert ticket stub has no diagonal line. I know it's the genuine article, I used it on the night of June 25, 1977, in Cincinnati, OH.

Quote Originally Posted by minni1
    My concert ticket stub has no diagonal line. I know it's the genuine article, I used it on the night of June 25, 1977, in Cincinnati, OH.
    EP's penultimate concert venue is indeed a very nice piece of history.

- Capt. "EL."

legit..

I hate to break the news to you guys....
    but just like minni1...I used mine on the night of Feb.21st,1977....Graceland packets or not...Mine came in the mail...and arivved late Jan.of 1977...
    BTW...look on EBAY...right now...search...Elvis Concert Ticket....all the ones on there are fake...especially the Ashville,NC..1977...and all of them have NO line...they are lineless...just like minni1's...??YET they're FAKE as anything...

TCB..
    Wade

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Wade, I can't dispute the first point you made there, and I can't speak as an authority on the matter (though I do have a couple of unused tickets from the tours that never were--no line), but I must say the second is a pretty weak argument.

All squares are rectangles, yet not all rectangles are squares.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

All squares are rectangles, yet not all rectangles are squares.
    yes..I agree...but in the same vein....Just because someone saw a packet of horizontal line "repro" tickets...doesn't mean they all are...right???
    same logic applies...

btw...here's a RARITY.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails worlds fair label.jpg  

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Agreed.

Minni, I meant to comment before: Good show, good show...
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Wade - The Cup Man,

Since we are "breakin'" things to each other ---> FAKES are also found WITHOUT the "slash" lines. In fact, they were around first, before the "slashed" fakes .........

This really is getting old.

- Capt. "EL."

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Agreed.

Minni, I meant to comment before: Good show, good show...
    It really was, LOL. People say the next night in Indianapolis, his last show was even better. I don'y know, I wasn't there, but I can telly you in Cincinnati, he was absolutely awesome! Much more lively and alert than in the Rapid City show, 4 days earlier. Elvis was over an hour late coming on stage, he said he had to go to the dentist. Once he was there, he put on an incredible show. IMO, the Unchained Melody was better than the one shown that is often shown, though he does stumble a bit once.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    About the slash: why would a person who wants to make duplicates (fakes) make the whole ticket look genuine and add a slash? That makes no sense. If you want to make money on a fake, you don't add extra things that seperates the fakes from the real ones?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

So they can't be misrepresented for something that they are not ----------> a genuine ticket.

It's the equivalent to adding the words "facsimile" or "copy" to reproductions, so they are not mistaken / used as something they are not.

They are strictly NOVELTY TICKETS / SOUVENIRS.

-----------------------------

Reproductions are always passed back onto the market as the real deal, and people are always fooled.

Examples:

Letters
    Aloha Concert Tickets
    '68 Comeback Tickets
    Invoices
    EP's Driver's License
    Concert Scarves
    Concert Tickets

All can be found in publications like The Elvis Treasures Book, Bootleg album extras, extra-added bonus' with various EP material, and .............. sold in the "Unofficial" stores surrounding Graceland proper as souvenirs.

- Capt. "EL."

you guys are funny....

Hence, my skeptical focus on our hardcore resident "Wade - The Cup Man" Howard.
    So they can't be misrepresented for something that they are not ----------> a genuine ticket.
    You guys have no idea what you're talking about..
    just like Albert said
    About the slash: why would a person who wants to make duplicates (fakes) make the whole ticket look genuine and add a slash? That makes no sense. If you want to make money on a fake, you don't add extra things that seperates the fakes from the real ones?
    I got my tickets in the mail...they came to my home address..I went to the concert..sorry...I guess that because minni1 supposedly saw a packet of Elvis tickets in Memphis(I've NEVER seen these offered anywhere...I've bought/sold on EBAY since 1998)..that had lines on them...that my original ticket stub is fake??
    which means I didn't go...right??..look at my attached photos...you can see my stub and the piece of paper that was attached to it...with the date on it too!!
    I went and I used this ticket

Go to this web site..you can see many Elvis tickets that have the DIAGONAL LINE..
    http://www.elvis.org/tickets/ticketsframe.html

Elvis ticket stub with line= reproduction is a false,blanket statement..

it's funny reading these expert opinions..questioning the authenticity of a ticket stub I've had for over 27 years...

Some people read about history..some were there...sorry..

Let it go...let's get on another subject...obviously,you guys are not TICKET experts
    TCB
    Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omaha30-06-74.jpg   Jam314.jpg   Jam315.jpg  

Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-04-2004 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by howardrobardhughes

Let it go...let's get on another subject...obviously,you guys are not TICKET experts
    TCB
    Wade
    wade,...you know you shouldnt bring up THIS subject in the first place,...you're started it up and you asked people to stop the discussion... pfff ..IS THAT what you're doing to people when they had a different opinion from you ???

well..............

You know..it would seem that if I started a thread asking why some tickets have a diagonal line..and some don't..I would get some helpful feedback..
    KNOWING that I said I went to this show..and used THIS ticket..the responses I get are that it's not genuine..
    which means I'm Lying??..right??...

it's just kind of dissapointing when I get replies (including the moderator) like

"Exactly what I was trying to explain in the other forum. I saw a package of 20-25 tickets with slash in Memphis (early 80's) for sale as souvenirs. So I considered them fakes also...Hence, my skeptical focus on our hardcore resident "Wade - The Cup Man" Howard.They are strictly NOVELTY TICKETS / SOUVENIRS."

what the hell does that mean???..that I didn't go to the concert???

BTW...When asked..I supplied photos....I guess those are fakes too..

TCB
    Wade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jam315.jpg  
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-04-2004 at 03:14 PM.

can anyone show me a link to a reproduction package of " 25 Elvis Concert tickets"..?

with diagonal lines,made in the early 1980's ?????
    ...............(waiting)

Didn't think so...END of DISCUSSION

Exactly what I was trying to explain in the other forum. I saw a package of 20-25 tickets with slash in Memphis (early 80's) for sale as souvenirs. So I considered them fakes also.

TCB
    Wade
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-04-2004 at 03:16 PM.

Hi Wade,

with diagonal lines,made in the early 1980's ?????
    ...............(waiting)
    First off, I don't live on this MB and you are not likely to get an immediate response to your posts within 2 minutes of posting them .............. or even in a few hours.

You guys have no idea what you're talking about.
    Is that so.

I have already outlined my take on your "slashed" ticket / story and like I said before, I also have my own "opinions" about you as well. I must say, with time, you are holding true to form.

[Go to this web site..you can see many Elvis tickets that have the DIAGONAL LINE..
    http://www.elvis.org/tickets/ticketsframe.html
    Would love to check it out, but your URL doesn't work for me.

[Elvis ticket stub with line= reproduction is a false,blanket statement..
    As far as I'm concerned, all that I've seen, including the ones in your "photos" are FAKE.

[it's funny reading these expert opinions..questioning the authenticity of a ticket stub I've had for over 27 years...
    I often get accused of this, but I'm not an expert, nor do I wish to be viewed as one, ....................... "Just a Fan".

Also, concert tickets / stubs are very low on my list of items that are of interest to me. In this day & age, there are just far too many duplicates out there of them to be of interest to me.

That said, I do own some for the more historical venues: Aloha From Hawaii / Hawaii 1961 Bloch Arena / etc., ........... simply because they are unlike all of the others and in the case of Aloha - simply beautiful.

[Some people read about history..some were there...sorry..

If you only knew .................

[Let it go...let's get on another subject...obviously,you guys are not TICKET experts
    I encourage you to prove me incorrect on this, but until then, I'm not budging.

Since you aren't either, ..................... like I said -----> this topic is indeed "old."

You know..it would seem that if I started a thread asking why some tickets have a diagonal line..and some don't..I would get some helpful feedback..
    KNOWING that I said I went to this show..and used THIS ticket..the responses I get are that it's not genuine..
    which means I'm Lying??..right??...
    Please rememeber, ......... you said it, not me.

it's just kind of dissapointing when I get replies (including the moderator) like

Quote:
    "Exactly what I was trying to explain in the other forum. I saw a package of 20-25 tickets with slash in Memphis (early 80's) for sale as souvenirs. So I considered them fakes also...Hence, my skeptical focus on our hardcore resident "Wade - The Cup Man" Howard.They are strictly NOVELTY TICKETS / SOUVENIRS."

what the hell does that mean???..that I didn't go to the concert???

BTW...When asked..I supplied photos....I guess those are fakes too..
    Only you really know what it means.

- Capt. "EL."

PS - TCB Wade, ............. you & I could have a lot of fun interacting with one another had you been allowed to remain over at FECC. However, since I am a "moderator" over here, ............ I am forced to contsrain my better instincts.

That said, ............ if you know your ticket(s) are real ----------> then what does it matter what others say. Simply ENJOY!

I encourage you to prove me incorrect on this, but until then, I'm not budging.First off, I don't live on this MB and you are not likely to get an immediate response to your posts within 2 minutes of posting them .............. or even in a few hours.I have already outlined my take on your "slashed" ticket / story and like I said before, I also have my own "opinions" about you as well. I must say, with time, you are holding true to form.As far as I'm concerned, all that I've seen, including the ones in your "photos" are FAKE- Capt. "EL.".
    I went to the concert...with THAT ticket...all your vast Elvis internet knowledge is limited..
    I'm finished arguing about it...It will never change...I personally think you're full of crap regarding this issue ....

...but I do enjoy the exchanges with you..

are we done now???..or do you want to keep this going??

let's bury the hatchet on this...

TCB
    Wade
    Last edited by howardrobardhughes; 10-04-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast