Thread: Elvis' Final Booked Tour Dates

Elvis' Final Booked Tour Dates

Can anyone help me with the tour dates he was supposed to play in 77 and even if anything was booked to 78. I've always been curious where he would have played if we hadn't lost him. Also if anyone has info on songs he planned on doing in that tour I'd love to know.

Thanks

"Before Elvis There Was Nothing"

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Here is the tour that was supposed to start on the 17th....as far as I know, this is the only tour that was officially organized for the remainder of 1977, although there are rumors that The Colonel was in negotiations for Elvis to perform a New Year's Eve show at the newly opened Kingdome in Seattle, Washington.

AUGUST 17 - PORTLAND, MAINE

AUGUST 18 - PORTLAND, MAINE

AUGUST 19 - UTICA, NEW YORK

AUGUST 20 - SYRACUSE, NEW YORK

AUGUST 21 - HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT

AUGUST 22 - UNIONDALE, NEW YORK

AUGUST 23 - LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY

AUGUST 24 - ROANOKE, VIRGINIA

AUGUST 25 - FAYETTEVILLE, TENNESSEE

AUGUST 26 - ASHEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA

AUGUST 27 - MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

AUGUST 28 - MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Thank you so much! I've seen a few unused tickets from a couple of those and I've always wondered what that whole tour would look like. It makes me wonder how that tour would have gone because even though people say he was in good spirits and wanted to make this the best tour ever, it was the first one since Elvis What Happened came out and he was very nervous how the crowds would receive him. The whole prescription meds thing was new to many people at that time. I don't thing anyone who wasn't close to Elvis knew how bad the use was or even that he was an addict at all. It's a shame because I think if he would have ended up getting off the pills eventually especially once he realized the fans knew and believed it. In that way, if he lived, though I disagree with them writing it, the book may have eventually helped Elvis clean up. Thanks again for the info.

There is a weekly TV show here in Australia called Collectors.

As the name suggests, it showcases people's collections, and all sorts of weird stuff.

There was a segment in April where someone had sent in an unused ticket from the August 1977 tour.

Here is the link:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/txt/s2208378.htm
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    What would the 70s be without Elvis Presley?

Niccole Warren presents an Elvis concert ticket for a performance scheduled for 25 August 1977, just one week after the death of Elvis. Gavin from SA paid $25 for the ticket as a gift to his wife.

The tour was of course cancelled, and although fans were offered refunds many chose to keep their tickets. Consequently, as Niccole explains, the tickets are not rare. There is doubt whether some of these tickets are genuine, and she suggests that raised print might indicate a reproduction.

Nonetheless, Niccole says thereís an 80% chance itís genuine and she says itís worth between US$50 to US$100.
    From the website !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977