Thread: Arrived in my mailbox today

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar

Arrived in my mailbox today

Today in my mailbox I got the new straigh arrow release royal gambit in richfield. the cd came with a huge fat booklet fulled with colored photos and a short review of the concert. im getting ready to go give it a listen right now and see how it sounds im super excited !!

This is my very first original import and im so happy to have it in my collectionhats off to straight arrow those guys done a wonderful job !!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

One more thing, it's not just for audience recorded CD collectors either
    Great Elvis show from October 1976. it's a 10/10 quality release
    You don't want to miss it
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    to what audience recording can we compare the sound of this cd?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

You've got my attention, now. A link, please?

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Maybe Adios 6-26-77 not to sure albert but its ALOT better than that so i'd so its probably one of the best if not THE BEST audience recordings i've heard and the packaging is amazing!! Brillant job all the way around the show the CD covers everything!

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    Hey Jon - would you say the sound is better on RICHFIELD than on the NEW YEARS EVE '76 show? As far as audience recordings go, I think most fans feel (correct me if I am wrong gang) that the PITTSBURGH '76 show is the best sounding audience recording that has been released?

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

I would say it is Mike but thats just my personal opinion.

The mix is just right, Elvis' voice stands out perfectly, but you can still hear the audience when they applaud etc so it makes for the PERFECT concert listening experience!!

U know,personally i hate sound board recordings,it sounds so lousy quality,i'm a quality freak,were in 2008 now,i demand stereo sound

Quote Originally Posted by Pelvis View Post
    U know,personally i hate sound board recordings,it sounds so lousy quality,i'm a quality freak,were in 2008 now,i demand stereo sound
    But more than likely a soundboard tape of this show and many others will never show up and those who pass up on these excellent audience recordings are missing out on the Elvis concert experience and many great shows aswell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    But more than likely a soundboard tape of this show and many others will never show up and those who pass up on these excellent audience recordings are missing out on the Elvis concert experience and many great shows aswell!!
    yeh your right

isnt it sad that they didnt record many of his live performances proffesionally..didn't they realise it could have become a goldmine making many albums out of it?

Now we gotta settle with lousy sound board stuff..hey it's better then nothing,i just wish RCA would have just recorded many of his shows,i would have bought every album,and i am sure most of his fans would have,cos his live performances are usually something really special

Lord yes it would have been great had they recorded all his shows on soundboard..imagine having Audios on soundboard (I still think they do FTD) !!!

Or Opening Night July 31st 1969

But overall I think we are in good hands with Ernst at the will promising to release one show from every tour, vegas, and tahoe stand

I would say it is Mike but thats just my personal opinion.

The mix is just right, Elvis' voice stands out perfectly, but you can still hear the audience when they applaud etc so it makes for the PERFECT concert listening experience!!
    EXCELLENT!!!

Now I've got to try and pick up my copy ASAP!!!

TCB!
    Mike

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF JON!!!

I have LOTS of audience recorded shows that are certainly not up to listenable standards at times....but if you focus in and listen closely, sometimes you can hear that rare gem or rarely performed concert song....and those make it worth the effort to listen to subpar recordings, in my opinion.

TCB!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

I have LOTS of audience recorded shows that are certainly not up to listenable standards at times....but if you focus in and listen closely, sometimes you can hear that rare gem or rarely performed concert song....and those make it worth the effort to listen to subpar recordings, in my opinion.

TCB!
    Mike
    Well if anybody is worth listening too in those kind of recordings it is ELvis,and it makes him even more a great singer,not many would sound good in those kind of recordings..but Elvis sure did..he is an amazing artist

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleroom76 View Post

TCB!
    Mike
    Agreed right on mike
    Take the performane of you'll never walk alone July 19th 1975..literally amazing on the audience recordings!!