Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A touching story about Elvis

A touching story about Elvis

I thought I share the most touching story I have ever read about Elvis. It really touched my heart deeply. I have to admit, I couldn't read it without tears and it really showed me how much he loved his fans and what a wonderful human being he was. Maybe there are some fans here who haven't read it yet, that's why I thought I post it here, on TCB-world. I will wait other stories curiously. (Those also can share their experiences, who saw and met him in person, I will wait for them!) So here is the story, I have found it on this great site anyways (http://members.tripod.com/sharoncarr...wnstories.html) :

Denise’s Story
    Denise Sanchez, an 8-year-old girl from Santa Fe, New Mexico, had been a huge Elvis Presley fan since she was four. After the Christmas holiday in 1971, Denise was diagnosed with cancer. She had to have her leg and part of her hip amputated when a large tumor was detected. A very short while later, the cancer spread to her lungs. Her doctors stopped the chemotherapy treatments she had been undergoing, stating that there was no more they could do for her.

Several months later, Denise's mother, Trudi, found out that Elvis was performing in Albuquerque on April 19, 1972. Mrs. Sanchez was able to get two tickets to the show. Her daughter was thrilled. As the day of the concert neared, Denise suffered a relapse and was given the devastating news that she was too sick to travel the 65 miles to see Elvis. The young girl cried for several days and begged her mother to take her to the show. She wanted to see Elvis in person before she died. Finally, her mother and her doctor agreed to let her go to the performance.

Two days before the show, Mrs. Sanchez was advised to go to the newspapers and have them print a story of Denise. Trudi went to the Albuquerque Journal and spoke with a reporter named Grace Marie Prather. Prather helped Trudi and Denise set up a meeting with Colonel Parker in the early afternoon on the day of the show. They spoke to Parker at length about Denise's condition and her wish to see Elvis. Parker told the women that they should come to the Hilton Hotel at 4 PM and he would see what he could do. Trudi brought her daughters, Denise and Paula, and her two best friends, Emma and Belinda Cantu, to the hotel at the appointed time. Prather also went along to document the meeting. The Colonel instructed them to come to the show at 5 PM. Denise could meet Elvis after the concert.

The entire clan drove to the Tingley Coliseum and were seated in special box seats. Denise fidgeted throughout the entire show, anxious for the performance to end so that she could meet her idol. During intermission, the Sanchez part was invited backstage to Elvis' dressing room. Denise was scared, fearing Elvis' reaction to her missing leg and hip and to her bald head. Elvis took one look at the child and knelt down in front of her, kissing both her cheeks. He told Denise that she was beautiful. Trudi started crying. She could not believe how loving Elvis was to her daughter and saw how happy and alive he made her feel. Denise shyly unrolled a poster of the King and asked him to autograph it. Elvis signed it: "To Denise - Love You, Elvis Presley". Denise then asked him to sing her a song once he went back onstage. As the second part of the concert began, Elvis dedicated the first song, "You Gave Me A Mountain", to Denise. He explained to the audience, "This song is for a very special little girl I just met backstage - Denise". Denise was thrilled and cried through the entire song.

When Denise got back home she told her mother that under no circumstances was she going to clean her face and wash off Elvis' kisses. Three days later, Denise had still not washed her face. On the fourth day, her mother finally forced her to clean her face. Elvis made little Denise's short life a happier one. His love for her helped her to feel better and eased her discomfort.

I watched on net, he really did a concert on that day in Albuquerque, so the story is true. Here is the place, where Elvis met the little girl in 1972:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tingley Coliseum 3..jpg   Tingley Coliseum.jpg   Tingley Coliseum 2..jpg  

I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Thank you for that story !!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Thank you for that story !!!
    You're welcome.

I LOVE
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪

Cibetty, thanks for the touching story...Did you know that the meeting was actually filmed?
    Go here and watch it:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=19983

Here are two photos of Denise Sanchez meeting Elvis.

Thanks to the FECC forum

Meeting a young cancer patient before his show at the Tingley Coliseum in Alburquerque, NM on April 19, 1972

The young girls name was Denise Sanchez. During the show Elvis dedicated the song 'YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN' to her but before he started the band struck up 'LOVE ME TENDER' instead as an affectionate gesture towards Denise - thanks to Geoffrey McDonnell for the extra info
    That aint tactics honey....that's just the beast in me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/GeordieBroon/elvisheader.jpg

Elvis PRESLEY:The most important, most influential artist of the 20th century. b. 8 Jan 1935, Mississippi, US, d. 16 Aug 1977. He holds, or has held, almost every chart-related record including perhaps the most important: more No.1s than any act in chart history.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    Here are two photos of Denise Sanchez meeting Elvis.

Thanks to the FECC forum

Meeting a young cancer patient before his show at the Tingley Coliseum in Alburquerque, NM on April 19, 1972

The young girls name was Denise Sanchez. During the show Elvis dedicated the song 'YOU GAVE ME A MOUNTAIN' to her but before he started the band struck up 'LOVE ME TENDER' instead as an affectionate gesture towards Denise - thanks to Geoffrey McDonnell for the extra info
    Cibetty, thanks for the touching story...Did you know that the meeting was actually filmed?
    Go here and watch it:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=19983
    Thanks very much for the pics and the video. OMG, yes, I have already seen the footage before, but I didn't know that the little girl in the film was Denise. I thought it was another sick little-girl. What is that "FECC" forum? Where did you find the pics and the article? I'm just curious.

I LOVE

SleepyJack
    A lovely story...thanks.......and a very brave little girl, it can`t be easy to have a smile like that after going through what she went through.

Betty, I've seen this video footage also and it touched my heart. Elvis sure loved the little ones....it was so cute - that little girl didn't know what to do.....I would have been speechless myself probably.

I love watching this scene where Elvis meets the little girl on the Elvis On Tour Outtakes....she was so adorable, you could tell she was really nervice...

Too bad Elvis didn't take her song request and sing Don't Cry Daddy instead of love me tender
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Ah well. I suppose these things make Elvis.. Elvis!

Just not merciless enough for this world. I sometimes wonder how he could have been protected against all those who were trying to take advantage of him or hurt him in any other way. He must have been very lonely.

But this makes us proud being Elvis-fans. So there's not the slightest need here to say anything along the line of "he did this or that wrong and I blame him for it". You can't even try walking in his shoes, it was very lonely being Elvis because of his rare talent and personality.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

That was a very touching story! She was a cute little girl..Thanks, for sharing it Betti.
    Also, thanks for cute clips elvisia.

franny

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post

Just not merciless enough for this world. I sometimes wonder how he could have been protected against all those who were trying to take advantage of him or hurt him in any other way. He must have been very lonely.

But this makes us proud being Elvis-fans. So there's not the slightest need here to say anything along the line of "he did this or that wrong and I blame him for it". You can't even try walking in his shoes, it was very lonely being Elvis because of his rare talent and personality.
    Very well said my friend !!

Your right, no one will ever understand the position the man was in I don't think, he basically supported everybody he had around them, so many obligations to keep up with....

But again, some will say its nothing the everyday average Joe doesn't deal with...I just, well, sometimes agree on that, but most aren't in the spotlight quiet like Elvis was, and everything he did was magnified!!

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticSun View Post

I must agree with you. Very few know or appreciate Elvis.
    Maybe when a whole new generation takes over and discovers who he really was and what he accomplished.
    But, I guess there will always be ones that love pointing out the flaws instead of the goodness.

You've been gone. Welcome back.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    But, I guess there will always be ones that love pointing out the flaws instead of the goodness.
    I think people are just simply attracted to the "weird" things.

Like Elvis' decline, how that could happen to such a strong individual. I believe that is what facsinates people, and they are drawn to it I believe. It is unfortunate, they aren't attracted to other things like the marvelous Aloha From Hawaii telecast, or King Creole, or Blue Hawaii his biggest box office hit etc. Basically the accomplished things.....but theres room for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    I think people are just simply attracted to the "weird" things.

Like Elvis' decline, how that could happen to such a strong individual. I believe that is what facsinates people, and they are drawn to it I believe. It is unfortunate, they aren't attracted to other things like the marvelous Aloha From Hawaii telecast, or King Creole, or Blue Hawaii his biggest box office hit etc. Basically the accomplished things.....but theres room for all!
    Sadly Elvis has always been followed by a prejudice Wish he was remembered by his kindness and humbleness and the amazing range of his voice. But as you said, people seem to like all the weird stuff

Great story Betti, thanks for posting

that's why I'm thankful to have Elvis around in my lifetime..he is a blessing for sure for our troubled earth and a wonderful example to follow as a human being..

I remember really well when that happened..it got picked up by alot of newspapers. There is one part of the story that is false however.....there was no 2nd part of the show..at all. She either asked him to sing that before he took the stage that night..or it didn't happen(the song) the way they told it. Either way...Elvis never had an intermission.
    And..yes, I still have this article from when it was printed in the Dallas Morning News.

I've never understood nor been drawn to anyone because of their "weirdness". Never did I enjoy the "gossip" mags . IMO, everyone has a right to some privacy . I never felt any of them owed me a thing---except what I pay them to do.
    Example is Britney Spears . I only feel sorry for her and think everyone needs to leave her alone. Especially the photogs and the gossip they work up to sell their mags. Just my opinion.
    Of course, I siently hope the ones that do this are next weeks scandals.
    As they're the ones that deserve it.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Does anyone know what happened to the little girl? She would be 44 years old if she is still living. Wow....that makes you realize just how long ago that really was.

I've seen th evideo,but never read that story,Elvis was an amazing person.Thank you Betti,for posting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast