Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 109

Thread: 1968 Comeback Special Trivia

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307

    1968 Comeback Special Trivia

    Everyone here is very familiar with Elvis' 1968 Comeback Special that resurrected him from a string of silly movies and put him back on the path of performing infront of live audiences.

    With the anniversary of his death last August, 2007, all of the outtakes were released along with the original special that was aired in December, 1968.

    I do not know anyone that attended any of the live performances that were taped before an audience, but if anyone does exist, please stand up and share!!!!

    Moreover, I have a few questions that I am unable to answer from the outtake material released such as:

    WHO IS TARNELL (Lawdy, Lawdy Miss Clawdy)??

    Did anyone know that during one of the taped stand-up concerts, someone yelled out for him to "take it off" when he says that the leather suit is hot??

    Did anyone know that Steve Binder said recently that during the 1st sit-down show, Elvis had an 'organic' experience??

    Did anyone know that during the second stand-up concert, while waiting to finish the final number, someone asks him about his daughter?

    Did anyone know that during each of the "leather" taped events, he acknowledges Priscilla?

    Did anyone know that during the second sit-down show, he brought members of the audience to tears when he sang "Blue Christmas?"

    Did anyone know that after the first sit-down performance, Elvis ran to Steve Binder saying surprisingly, "they still like me!".

    Did anyone know after the 1st stand-up performane, Elvis had perspired so much, he almost couldn't get out of the leather suit that needed to be dry cleaned before the 2nd performance???

    [COLOR=#ff8c00]COLOR]
    Last edited by ehollier; 05-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Everyone here is very familiar with Elvis' 1968 Comeback Special that resurrected him from a string of silly movies and put him back on the path of performing infront of live audiences.

    With the anniversary of his death last August, 2007, all of the outtakes were released along with the original special that was aired in December, 1968.

    I do not know anyone that attended any of the live performances that were taped before an audience, but if anyone does exist, please stand up and share!!!!

    Moreover, I have a few questions that I am unable to answer from the outtake material released such as:

    WHO IS TARNELL (Lawdy, Lawdy Miss Clawdy)??

    Did anyone know that during one of the taped stand-up concerts, someone yelled out for him to "take it off" when he says that the leather suit is hot??

    Did anyone know that Steve Binder said recently that during the 1st sit-down show, Elvis had an 'organic' experience??

    Did anyone know that during the second stand-up concert, while waiting to finish the final number, someone asks him about his daughter?

    Did anyone know that during each of the "leather" taped events, he acknowledges Priscilla?

    Did anyone know that during the second sit-down show, he brought members of the audience to tears when he sang "White Christmas?"

    Did anyone know that after the first sit-down performance, Elvis ran to Steve Binder saying surprisingly, "they still like me!".

    Did anyone know after the 1st stand-up performane, Elvis had perspired so much, he almost couldn't get out of the leather suit that needed to be dry cleaned before the 2nd performance???

    Did anyone know that Steve Binder said recently that during the 1st sit-down show, Elvis had an 'organic' experience??
    And my dear...did you know that you mentioned the 'organic experience' twice in this one thread??? Dead giveaway as to where you little ol' mind is at!

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    And my dear...did you know that you mentioned the 'organic experience' twice in this one thread??? Dead giveaway as to where you little ol' mind is at!
    OOOPPSSS!!! I didn't realize that I'd gotten that carried away!!!!! Let me edit that!!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  4. #4
    International Level rickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    891
    or was that an orgasmic experience?

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    OOOPPSSS!!! I didn't realize that I'd gotten that carried away!!!!! Let me edit that!!!!!!!!
    ROFLMFAO!!! LITERALLY....

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  6. #6
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Hey Liz.... I may be wrong, but while reading your post, I could have sworn that I heard the distant hum of an Energizer Bunny....

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    or was that an orgasmic experience?
    Well, since this is 'mixed company', I wrote "organic". I don't want to offend anyone, lest of all the moderators.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Hey Liz.... I may be wrong, but while reading your post, I could have sworn that I heard the distant hum of an Energizer Bunny....
    Well, you may have.........ssshhhhhhh......
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  9. #9
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    or was that an orgasmic experience?


    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Well, you may have.........ssshhhhhhh......
    I'd know that sound anywhere girlfriend!!!

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  10. #10
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post




    I'd know that sound anywhere girlfriend!!!

    You know, I'm not used to the dudes responding to my posts. Now I have this guy asking me if I meant to type "orgasmic" b/c he apparently doesn't read the other posts where 'organic' is used. Now, I'll have the moderators kicking me out of here b/c of my inquiry of Elvis making a mess in his leather (according to Steve Binder and Wikipedia!!)!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  11. #11
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    You know, I'm not used to the dudes responding to my posts. Now I have this guy asking me if I meant to type "orgasmic" b/c he apparently doesn't read the other posts where 'organic' is used. Now, I'll have the moderators kicking me out of here b/c of my inquiry of Elvis making a mess in his leather (according to Steve Binder and Wikipedia!!)!!!!!!!

    Ahhhh...to have been that suit for just one night....

    I gotta take a break now...I'm getting out of control!!!

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post

    Ahhhh...to have been that suit for just one night....

    I gotta take a break now...I'm getting out of control!!!

    Thanks for understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go take your shower. I still have kids to put to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  13. #13
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095
    Rickb, I can`t believe you said the "O" word. You have to wash your mouth out with soap. Us ladies would never say such a thing!!! lol Now Elvis do make us a little "organic" sometimes or should I say lots of times!!!! He keeps our motors running!!!

  14. #14
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Thanks for understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go take your shower. I still have kids to put to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need one!!! I have supper dishes to do and about 110 farm fresh eggs to wash and put away.... But... "I'll be back!"

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  15. #15
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Rickb, I can`t believe you said the "O" word. You have to wash your mouth out with soap. Us ladies would never say such a thing!!! lol Now Elvis do make us a little "organic" sometimes or should I say lots of times!!!! He keeps our motors running!!!
    How right you are my friend... With all of this, you'd think my hubs would LIKE ol Elvis more, wouldn't you???

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  16. #16
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095
    Same with my hubs!!! He just don`t get the benefits of me having Elvis in my life!! I mean Elvis is like the female viagra pill. One look at the man and your ready to roll.

  17. #17
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    lol i can see this is another thread for us to get all excited about and i see all our minds are heading for the gutter again lol and as for organic well i would rather not go that far on a public thread lol i want to keep my image as a good girl

  18. #18
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095
    I think I have to clean up my act. I`m leading a double life. I am a well respected Kindergarten Teacher by day and a Sex crazed Elvis woman by night! Help I need Dr. Phil !!

  19. #19
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    lol all i can say is if my mum saw this i think i would get a slap i am a shy good girl only 18 and when i come here i act like a crazy lady on steroids whos going elvis crazy i have forgotten what the original questions were

  20. #20
    TCB Mafia midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In an island in the North Atlantic called Newfoundland , Canada
    Posts
    2,095
    I never knew the story of Elvis fainting after singing "Memories". Elvis singing that song is one of my favorite moments in that show. I find it very emotional.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1968 special
    By cutiepie in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 07:53 PM
  2. '68 Comeback Special
    By johnnytyronne in forum (alternate) Artwork discussion and Work-In-Progress
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •