Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1968 Comeback Special Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post
    Think he says "Moby Dick" (the whale) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick
    Then he grabs the mic stand and threatens to throw it (like a harpoon)
    I may be wrong though
    You're right about Moby Dick. He was nervous and he was just doing silly little things to keep from freaking out, I guess. The mike was his harpoon, he did that little joke later on, too. Still don't know about Tarnelle. I can't make it out, Scotty does ask him to sing Miss Clawdy. What do ya'll think?

[YT]YPNkMt3qcdU[/YT]

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post

YES!!! That's exactly the wording that was escaping me this morning...LIKE A HARPOON!!! You are right Marija...thanks!
    Yay! You are more than welcome Lea

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ehollier;210688]
    Moreover, I have a few questions that I am unable to answer from the outtake material released such as:

Did anyone know that Steve Binder said recently that during the 1st sit-down show, Elvis had an 'organic' experience??
    umm, although this is very interesting, i don't quite buy it. it's more one of those comments to peak interest, imo.
    Did anyone know that during the second stand-up concert, while waiting to finish the final number, someone asks him about his daughter?

i'd love to see this. i gotta buy that deluxe edition. is this clip on YouTube yet?
    Did anyone know that during each of the "leather" taped events, he acknowledges Priscilla?
    how does he do this, does he say something to her, or nod or point inher direction? i never noticed this, but then i only have eyes for ELVIS!!!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Still don't know about Tarnelle. I can't make it out, Scotty does ask him to sing Miss Clawdy. What do ya'll think?

[YT]YPNkMt3qcdU[/YT]
    I hear scotty ask him to sing that Tarnelle, darling song, i don't know who tarnelle is, but i have the book scotty wrote, maybe it's in there! get back to ya.
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Moreover, I have a few questions that I am unable to answer from the outtake material released such as:

Did anyone know that Steve Binder said recently that during the 1st sit-down show, Elvis had an 'organic' experience??
    umm, although this is very interesting, i don't quite buy it. it's more one of those comments to peak interest, imo.

Steve Binder was quoted on BBC and the link is found in Wikipedia (if you can't believe Winkpedia, who can you believe, right?)

Did anyone know that during the second stand-up concert, while waiting to finish the final number, someone asks him about his daughter?
    i'd love to see this. i gotta buy that deluxe edition. is this clip on YouTube yet?

I do not know if there is a YT clip. It is, however, on the recently released 3 dvd set.

Did anyone know that during each of the "leather" taped events, he acknowledges Priscilla?
    how does he do this, does he say something to her, or nod or point inher direction? i never noticed this, but then i only have eyes for ELVIS!!!

In the first show, he actually says "Look Cilla", (long whistle) "looks serious, dead serious" and then breaks into Are You Lonesome Tonight
    In the second show, he begins Are You Lonesome Tonight and during the first verse says "Boy, isn't she pretty" and then whistles.
    In both stand up shows, he repeatedly sings directly in her direction and motions for her to stand-up during Love Me Tender.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmknights View Post
    I hear scotty ask him to sing that Tarnelle, darling song, i don't know who tarnelle is, but i have the book scotty wrote, maybe it's in there! get back to ya.
    Thanks. I am curious to know!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

University of Memphis

I have one more triva bit:

Did you know that when he sang "When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold" at the end of the 2nd sit-down session, as he sings the last note, he winks and grins to someone off in the audience, quite possibly Priscilla, as in both shows he had looked over in that same direction repeatedly.

University of Memphis

In regards to "Lawdy, Miss Clawdy": I believe that Elvis actually sings the following line:

"Goodbye, toenail darling, down the road I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    In regards to "Lawdy, Miss Clawdy": I believe that Elvis actually sings the following line:

"Goodbye, toenail darling, down the road I go!"
    No he doesn't. Sorry, but that's funny!!!!!

University of Memphis

In the first show, he actually says "Look Cilla", (long whistle) "looks serious, dead serious" and then breaks into Are You Lonesome Tonight
    In the second show, he begins Are You Lonesome Tonight and during the first verse says "Boy, isn't she pretty" and then whistles.
    In both stand up shows, he repeatedly sings directly in her direction and motions for her to stand-up during Love Me Tender.
    I found this clip on Youtube from the first show. You can see him looking at someone in the audience but I can't make out the words "Look Cilla". You can hear him say "looks serious, dead serious". My PC speakers aren't very good though! This is about 49 seconds into the clip.

[yt]57K8PGc3zhE[/yt]
    "before you abuse, criticise and accuse... walk a mile in my shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by samiam125 View Post
    I found this clip on Youtube from the first show. You can see him looking at someone in the audience but I can't make out the words "Look Cilla". You can hear him say "looks serious, dead serious". My PC speakers aren't very good though! This is about 49 seconds into the clip.

[yt]57K8PGc3zhE[/yt]
    Yes, this is the video and that is what he says.

University of Memphis

Okay gang...I put my headphones on and listened...repeatedly and intently...and it sounded like he said "Watch this man, dead serious boy" to me. I didn't hear anything that even remotely sounded like "Cilla" to me...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Well, that is what he says. I wouldn't have said it if he had said anything else, because believe me, the last thing I want is to be the source of any discord among you.

University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    Well, that is what he says. I wouldn't have said it if he had said anything else, because believe me, the last thing I want is to be the source of any discord among you.
    No discord...it just didn't sound anything like that to me. Maybe my ears are just old....

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

No discord...it just didn't sound anything like that to me. Maybe my ears are just old....

University of Memphis

I've seen photos of Cilla in the audience, so I know she was there and I wouldn't at all doubt that Elvis spoke or motioned to her during the show for moral support if nothing else, but I just don't hear it in this clip. And I am not at all doubting you, Liz.
    I think I hear Scotty saying Tarnelle, but I'm not positive. Maybe it's just a private joke between the guys, because Elvis says Lawdy Miss Clawdy in his story to the audience. I'll wait for Sara to read her book and report back to us, too.

p.s.
    "ehollier" the recently released 3 dvd set.
    Is this much different or at all different from the previous deluxe set? I'm just wondering which one I should spend my money on.
    Last edited by Lisarose; 05-14-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: add question

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Didn't you mean, Blue Christmas, not White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MojoElvis View Post
    Didn't you mean, Blue Christmas, not White Christmas
    Yes, I am sorry about that mistake, but I did mean Blue Christmas. Ooops!!

University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    I've seen photos of Cilla in the audience, so I know she was there and I wouldn't at all doubt that Elvis spoke or motioned to her during the show for moral support if nothing else, but I just don't hear it in this clip. And I am not at all doubting you, Liz.
    I think I hear Scotty saying Tarnelle, but I'm not positive. Maybe it's just a private joke between the guys, because Elvis says Lawdy Miss Clawdy in his story to the audience. I'll wait for Sara to read her book and report back to us, too.

p.s. Is this much different or at all different from the previous deluxe set? I'm just wondering which one I should spend my money on.
    Good question because I have the Deluxe one. I could just look at it and see if I could spot anything.

And my dear...did you know that you mentioned the 'organic experience' twice in this one thread??? Dead giveaway as to where you little ol' mind is at!
    No comment!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast