Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: posting pics from ebay

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyInsane View Post
    Cameron -
    You collect people????? I'm curious - do you put them on shelves or hang them on the wall to show off your collection?
    Nah, just a figure of speech. I like and enjoy most people.
    People are interesting and can be lots of fun---you can learn a lot sometimes just by people-watching.

I have a large portrait of Elvis I had done years ago. Otherwise, I buy very little. People give me things---I'm always amazed at Elvis fans. They love to share and give to others. Even much of my music came from them.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Nah, just a figure of speech. I like and enjoy most people.
    People are interesting and can be lots of fun---you can learn a lot sometimes just by people-watching.

I have a large portrait of Elvis I had done years ago. Otherwise, I buy very little. People give me things---I'm always amazed at Elvis fans. They love to share and give to others. Even much of my music came from them.
    Does that little face with the winking eye mean you're flirting with me???

Forever Best Friends

Careful Gail....you just might end up on someone's shelf!

Nope, not really. I like all people. While I've been surprised in the beginning at the ones that share what they know, pictures ,music etc. I'm as equally surprised at the ones that can be so hateful and jealous.
    I guess I shouldn't be as Elvis lived with that kind all his life. I just never understood the ones that liked to pick fights.

I've had people drive from Memphis to talk with me, another from North Carolina....just to share and talk about Elvis. I've had one send me all kinds of his music from Hawaii. I never asked them for anything, it was their idea. So, you see--it's a rude awakening to see that some things are still going on. IMO, it's nothing Elvis would agree with. It seems everyone wants a piece of Elvis.
    Last edited by cameron; 05-13-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Nope, not really. I like all people. While I've been surprised in the beginning at the ones that share what they know, pictures ,music etc. I'm as equally surprised at the ones that can be so hateful and jealous.
    I guess I shouldn't be as Elvis lived with that kind all his life. I just never understood the ones that liked to pick fights.

I've had people drive from Memphis to talk with me, another from North Carolina....just to share and talk about Elvis. I've had one send me all kinds of his music from Hawaii. I never asked them for anything, it was their idea. So, you see--it's a rude awakening to see that some things are still going on. IMO, it's nothing Elvis would agree with. It seems everyone wants a piece of Elvis.
    I can so relate to what you're saying!! It's the jealous ones that get to me more than anything! The ones that pretend to have been around back then and know more than anyone and then come to find out they didn't start liking him til he died. And, what I find most amazing about those people are they are the ones that know the most and won't stop at anything until you believe they are really someone in the know. I think this somehow makes them feel important or something. And, when you ask them why they never saw Elvis it's always "well, I never had the money" or "I was busy raising kids", blah blah blah!! My response to that is "well my mom had 6 kids and the first time we saw Elvis at rodeo in 1970 the tickets cost $1.50 each". So, I just don't buy that line - where there's a will - there's a way!! We were not rich by any means but my mom managed a lot in the 7 years that we saw Elvis. So, yeah, I'll argue all day long with those on that one. Yes, it is true - everyone wants a piece of Elvis - I just wish they were all around back when "we loved Elvis and loving Elvis wasn't cool"!!!!

Forever Best Friends

I've had people drive from Memphis to talk with me, another from North Carolina....just to share and talk about Elvis. I never asked them for anything, it was their idea.

I am betting with gas prices now close to $4.00 a gallon that your Elvis buddies will invest in a good long-distance telephone program.

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I am betting with gas prices now close to $4.00 a gallon that your Elvis buddies will invest in a good long-distance telephone program.
    I'd say you're right.
    I was tied down and couldn't get away and kept telling them I'd see them im Memphis. I was totally surprised anyone would drive that far .Of course, each of them had "something " they wanted me to see.
    I'm afraid I don't get too excited like some do. Appreciate their sharing etc. but, I told them we could just talk via phone and exchange things.
    One guy even brought his mom and dad. {His mom is a huge EP fan as well}
    I was very uncomfortable as I wasn't sure if I should offer them a place to stay or what ? I finally offered, but they refused and went back as soon as our visit ended. Think that's why I don't understand "the other kind."
    The ones I've met have spoiled me .

I can so relate to what you're saying!! It's the jealous ones that get to me more than anything! The ones that pretend to have been around back then and know more than anyone and then come to find out they didn't start liking him til he died. And, what I find most amazing about those people are they are the ones that know the most and won't stop at anything until you believe they are really someone in the know. I think this somehow makes them feel important or something. And, when you ask them why they never saw Elvis it's always "well, I never had the money" or "I was busy raising kids", blah blah blah!! My response to that is "well my mom had 6 kids and the first time we saw Elvis at rodeo in 1970 the tickets cost $1.50 each". So, I just don't buy that line - where there's a will - there's a way!! We were not rich by any means but my mom managed a lot in the 7 years that we saw Elvis. So, yeah, I'll argue all day long with those on that one. Yes, it is true - everyone wants a piece of Elvis - I just wish they were all around back when "we loved Elvis and loving Elvis wasn't cool"!!!!
    I've never seen a reason to be jealous of anyone meeting or seeing Elvis.
    I enjoy everyone's stories. Yes, with some it does make them feel importnt IMO. They just don't realize how silly and petulent they appear .
    I usually try to steer clear of those kind.

I've never seen a reason to be jealous of anyone meeting or seeing Elvis.
    I enjoy everyone's stories. Yes, with some it does make them feel importnt IMO. They just don't realize how silly and petulent they appear .
    I usually try to steer clear of those kind.
    Don't blame you!!
    Can you share what these people drove all that way for to show you? Must have been something really really spectacular!!!

Forever Best Friends

Don't blame you!!
    Can you share what these people drove all that way for to show you? Must have been something really really spectacular!!!
    Both had video clips , unseen. No, I don't have them either.
    While one offered me a copy, the other person didn't.
    I just figured it was up to them if they wanted anyone to see them .
    It wasn't my place .So far I've not seen them anywhere .

I learned to not ask questions or rattle off names long ago.
    I noticed the people that do, are soon not welcome .
    So, I just keep my mouth shut .
    Not important enough to lose friends over .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12