Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Marie Presley - Newspaper Apologises To Presley Over 'fat' Jibes

Loving elvis

Lisa Marie Presley - Newspaper Apologises To Presley Over 'fat' Jibes

LATEST: A U.K. newspaper has been forced to apologise to pregnant singer LISA MARIE PRESLEY after it published an article alleging she was overweight.
    Elvis Presley's daughter says the Daily Mail's story, which was picked up by various media sources worldwide, ridiculed her appearance and forced her to disclose she is expecting a child.
    Simon Smith, the star's U.K. lawyer, claimed the publication's claims she had an "unhealthy appetite" and is "growing like her dad" caused her to feel "deeply upset and offended".
    On Friday (02May08) the 40-year-old received an apology from Associated Newspapers, the Daily Mail's publishers, after she launched a libel claim at London's High Court.
    Presley has two teenage children from her previous marriage to Danny Keogh - Riley, 18, and 15-year-old Benjamin - but this is her first child with husband Michael Lockwood.

source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...0jibes_1067581

I'm glad she finally pushed it !
    Maybe she'll find out something can be done with some of those nuts .

I know it aggravates her that she can't do anything when someone says something about her dad.
    That law should be changed IMO.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Good for her i am glad that she had the balls to do that , most just leave it alone but the things that the paps do really do hurt ppls feelings thay need to be stopped or take a time out
    Last edited by Broussey; 05-02-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    R.I.P ~ROSANNE~
    We will forever miss you at TCB
    Tell Elvis we say HI

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    good for her, make 'em eat their words!!!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Kudos to Lisa. She deserved an apology.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Puh-lease ...

Okay, so the paper apologised.

Big deal!

I'm sure if it had gone to court, she would have been laughed out of court.

LM needs to develop a thicker (dare I say, even thicker?) skin ...
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

IMO, Lisa has a very thick skin. She's put up with a lot of BS for 40 years. It's high time she decided to fight back. Good for her !
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    She's put up with a lot of BS for 40 years.
    Yeah, I'm sure her life as a toddler was unbearable.

Forty years ... pffffft!
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by presley31 View Post
    Elvis Presley's daughter says the Daily Mail's story, which was picked up by various media sources worldwide, ridiculed her appearance and forced her to disclose she is expecting a child.
    ]
    This is ridiculous. Was she going to hide the baby untill his graduation or was she going to say she found it in the street?

I know it aggravates her that she can't do anything when someone says something about her dad.
    At least she could say something.

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure her life as a toddler was unbearable.

Forty years ... pffffft!
    We don't know now, do we? Jealous?

Originally Posted by cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Actually, she has said a lot and gets put down every time she does.
    She just can't do anything legally. Too bad, I'd help her .

This is ridiculous. Was she going to hide the baby untill his graduation or was she going to say she found it in the street?
    Now, that was ridiculous!

Forever Best Friends

Actually, she has said a lot and gets put down every time she does.
    If you are refering to that quote from her about his fatherīs friends taking away his dignity iīm well aware of it. But guess who benefits from the infamous rubber ducks and co.? If that isnīt taking away the dignity of his father i donīt know what it is.
    I donīt dislike Lisa but neither Iīm going to defend her just for being Elvis daughter, and saying she was forced to say she was pregnant is ridiculous in my opinion. Surely you donīt remeber Lisa in the front cover of a magazine when her first child was born? I donīt think anyone forced her to do that...

If you are refering to that quote from her about his fatherīs friends taking away his dignity iīm well aware of it. But guess who benefits from the infamous rubber ducks and co.? If that isnīt taking away the dignity of his father i donīt know what it is.
    I donīt dislike Lisa but neither Iīm going to defend her just for being Elvis daughter, and saying she was forced to say she was pregnant is ridiculous in my opinion. Surely you donīt remeber Lisa in the front cover of a magazine when her first child was born? I donīt think anyone forced her to do that...
    Maybe more people should look into Lisa's life .
    She didn't have it so easy.

Lisa has expressed her displeasure in many ways her dad has been "used" . And not just by the MM.
    She's well known for her "expressive" language .

There will always be something "made and sold" by EPE. I tell them if I don't like something and I sure don't buy it.
    Evidently, some do.{the talking heads was the worst, IMO and they didn't sell either}

I don't defend Lisa just because she's Elvis' daughter . In fact I didn't like her for many reasons.
    I still don't like her music, except when she sings with her dad .

Quote Originally Posted by Getlo View Post
    Puh-lease ...

Okay, so the paper apologised.

Big deal!

I'm sure if it had gone to court, she would have been laughed out of court.LM needs to develop a thicker (dare I say, even thicker?) skin ...
    Obviously someone in the papers legal staff was not prepared to take the chance-and did not feel a good laugh was worth the risk of the potential legal cost.
    She has the same rights as anyone to take action if she feels strongly about something. She did-it worked-perhaps she feels better. If she does great.

But guess who benefits from the infamous rubber ducks and co.? If that isnīt taking away the dignity of his father i donīt know what it is.
    OMG...when Gail and I checked into the HH last Saturday we each had a complimentary "swag bag" given to us by EPE. They had gotten wind of our reunion story. There was some nice things in the bag....Jerry Schillings new book, Elvis stationery, a 68 Comeback Special DVD, a Live in Las Vegas CD and......... the INFAMOUS Elvis rubber duck. It was a great little bag..we could have done with out the rubber duck however.

There will always be something "made and sold" by EPE. Evidently, some do.{the talking heads was the worst, IMO and they didn't sell either}
    We had the benefit of being able to see the "talking head" live and in person. I also noticed that they had it stuck down on the very bottom shelf where it didn't exactly catch your eye.

Maybe more people should look into Lisa's life .
    She didn't have it so easy.

Lisa has expressed her displeasure in many ways her dad has been "used" . And not just by the MM.
    She's well known for her "expressive" language .
    Cameron, iīm not interested in Lisaīs life and maybe I have another vision of having had a hard and troubled life. I donīt hold a grudge against her either because I donīt even have a formed opinion on her, really.
    The only thing iīve noticed is a certain hypocrisy on Lisaīs behavior and actions concerning his father and to me as a fan of him in the quote Elvis was fat and her daughter is becomeing like him what bothers me is the reference on Elvis, not Lisa. The same as she has said i have put weight on because iīm pregnant she could have said something about them making fun of him who was a very ill man in the same sentence. Maybe she has and i havenīt read it.

[QUOTE=utmom2008;209131]OMG...when Gail and I checked into the HH last Saturday we each had a complimentary "swag bag" given to us by EPE. They had gotten wind of our reunion story. There was some nice things in the bag....Jerry Schillings new book, Elvis stationery, a 68 Comeback Special DVD, a Live in Las Vegas CD and......... the INFAMOUS Elvis rubber duck. It was a great little bag..we could have done with out the rubber duck however.

You can send it to me. I need something to fill an empty space between two rolls of toilet paper.

Frankly, as someone on an Elvis Yahoo group said, I thnk they were forced to do this by her lawyers.

[QUOTE=Donut;209163]
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    OMG...when Gail and I checked into the HH last Saturday we each had a complimentary "swag bag" given to us by EPE. They had gotten wind of our reunion story. There was some nice things in the bag....Jerry Schillings new book, Elvis stationery, a 68 Comeback Special DVD, a Live in Las Vegas CD and......... the INFAMOUS Elvis rubber duck. It was a great little bag..we could have done with out the rubber duck however.

You can send it to me. I need something to fill an empty space between two rolls of toilet paper.
    Good idea Donut...I have wondered all week what exactly to do with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast