View Poll Results: Best Performance

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 68 Comeback Special

    36 25.00%
  • 70 That's the Way it is

    82 56.94%
  • 73 Aloha Special

    19 13.19%
  • 77 Elvis in Concert

    7 4.86%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 72

Thread: Best Performance

  1. #21
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    I love them all...because each one is unique in it's own right. Whether it was a projection of a healthy, lean, mean Elvis at the height of his career...or an ill, sluggish Elvis at the end of his life...he still gave all he had to give. IMO.
    Outstanding post Lea!! I agree completely!

  2. #22
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Outstanding post Lea!! I agree completely!
    And so do I !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  3. #23
    TCB Mafia cibetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    I think that what Betti meant was that was his last concert tour, and yes he looked really bad wether you are referring to June 21st or June 26th.
    I thought about that concert from '77 Rosanne, what I saw on YT (Vernon talked at the end). But I thought about his whole last year (1977) of course when I wrote he was very ill. I saw that footage only once, YT deleted it after that. Wasn't it the CBS concert?? When was it made? I don't remember the exact date. And when was his last concert then? There wasn't a footage about his last concert then, when and where was it? I am just curious about these infos. I am still waiting some pics about your Memphis trip!! Hugs: BETTI


    I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


    My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

  4. #24
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    I thought about that concert from '77 Rosanne, what I saw on YT (Vernon talked at the end). But I thought about his whole last year (1977) of course when I wrote he was very ill. I saw that footage only once, YT deleted it after that. Wasn't it the CBS concert?? When was it made? I don't remember the exact date. And when was his last concert then? There wasn't a footage about his last concert then, when and where was it? I am just curious about these infos. I am still waiting some pics about your Memphis trip!! Hugs: BETTI
    CBS Crew filmed both concerts on June 19, 1977 Omaha and on June 21 1977 Rapid City. Both shows edited into the CBS Special which aired on October 3rd 1977.

    And of course his final show was on June 26th 1977 in Indianapolis Indiana. Also the same date as Colonel Tom Parker's birthday.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  5. #25
    TCB Mafia cibetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I feel the same. TTWII made me a fan. I watched it probably a thousand-times and these performaces still amazing for me.
    I absolutely feel the same. It made me a fan last April, I still feel that I will never get tired of watching this movie, it always amazes me. I totally fell in love with him after I saw it. I didn't think about this when I bought it, I didn't know that movie before, I never heard about it. I just bought it because I thought it could be a good movie. Well, maybe it was too good...


    I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


    My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

  6. #26
    TCB Mafia cibetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by BradM View Post
    CBS Crew filmed both concerts on June 19, 1977 Omaha and on June 21 1977 Rapid City. Both shows edited into the CBS Special which aired on October 3rd 1977.

    And of course his final show was on June 26th 1977 in Indianapolis Indiana. Also the same date as Colonel Tom Parker's birthday.
    Thanks for these infos, I really appreciate it. I saw the CBS Special then... But YouTube deleted it.


    I LOVE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ [̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅V̲̅][̲̅̅I̲​̅][̲̅̅S̲̅] [̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅S̲​̅][̲̅̅L̲̅[̲̅̅E̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬


    My page on YouTube and on MyElvisWorld:
    http://www.youtube.com/cibetty, http://www.myelvisworld.com/cibetty

  7. #27
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Here's a different place I found to get his videos.
    Since it's not YouTube, I have no idea how to embed it though.
    You can look and find more there.

    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o...cial-1-mdfv_3d
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  8. #28
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    Thanks for these infos, I really appreciate it. I saw the CBS Special then... But YouTube deleted it.
    That's what I do
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  9. #29
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by cibetty View Post
    I absolutely feel the same. It made me a fan last April, I still feel that I will never get tired of watching this movie, it always amazes me. I totally fell in love with him after I saw it. I didn't think about this when I bought it, I didn't know that movie before, I never heard about it. I just bought it because I thought it could be a good movie. Well, maybe it was too good...
    That's The Way It Is SE is the movie that I first seen of Elvis' and needless to say since I first seen that film back in 2001 I've been a die hard fan ever since !
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  10. #30
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412
    hard to say..... we havnt heard evrythin.... supoosedly his greatest peformance was july 31st 1969. for me from the list its ttwii and 68 comeback.but all were great.elvis on tour.... wat about hampton new roads. but from all the released peformances its august 12th 1970 midnight show for me.
    1969 july 31st, will we ever see anything?? sob sob!

  11. #31
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Here's a different place I found to get his videos.
    Since it's not YouTube, I have no idea how to embed it though.
    You can look and find more there.

    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o...cial-1-mdfv_3d
    How did you find this place Cameron? Has anyone else seen the DIGUSTING SNL video with Jim Carrey, the one where he is hunting Elvis with a rifle??

  12. #32
    International Level Cryogenic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    527
    For me, it's tied between the Comeback Special and Aloha From Hawaii concert.

    In the former, you have a hungry Elvis going at it full pelt. He looks lean, trim, deadly. His voice crackles with raw bluesy energy. He explodes when you least expect it and does it again and again. He plays guitar. He sits when he wants to stand; the tension is riveting. The audience is tiny and very close, the music is stripped right down. There is so much closeness that you can practically feel the distortion and the heat. Elvis seems to be a man at the height of his sexual powers. In a way, he has it all.

    In the latter, you have a more adjusted Elvis, sort of coasting along, but in the most elegant and enviable way possible. This is a coiffed, airbrushed, polite Elvis, looking like a million dollars. He has bejewelled his body and his image. I like the mixture of easygoing sensibility and refined passion. Elvis is being Elvis here. He's made it. The movements are understated and graceful, almost balletic. He doesn't cut the stage up; he glides across it. He doesn't tear into his iconic numbers, but performs them in a wry laconic drawl. But irony is not the final word: beneath a somnambulistic sorrow, the ballads are mastered. The 70's Elvis is ratified and enshrined.

    The rest -- "That's The Way It Is", "Elvis On Tour" and "Elvis In Concert" -- come in between or around the edges.

  13. #33
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    How did you find this place Cameron? Has anyone else seen the DIGUSTING SNL video with Jim Carrey, the one where he is hunting Elvis with a rifle??
    Darned if I know. I was looking for something on YouTube; couldn't find it and just typed in whatever {?} I was looking for.
    This place came up:http://www.truveo.com/Best-of-Elvis-...1/id/337566113 .
    I really like it, as it does take you to other venues with videos. That other link was the first time there though.
    Nope, I didn't see Jim Carrey. But, then I never watched SNL much either .
    My humor has always been a bit different.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  14. #34
    TCB Mafia cameron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma ,USA
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    I love them all...because each one is unique in it's own right. Whether it was a projection of a healthy, lean, mean Elvis at the height of his career...or an ill, sluggish Elvis at the end of his life...he still gave all he had to give. IMO.
    I'm like you said.I kept going back and forth ;then decided I just couldn't choose for the reasons you've given.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

  15. #35
    Angel utmom2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    10,021
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Darned if I know. I was looking for something on YouTube; couldn't find it and just typed in whatever {?} I was looking for.
    This place came up:http://www.truveo.com/Best-of-Elvis-...1/id/337566113 .
    I really like it, as it does take you to other venues with videos. That other link was the first time there though.
    Nope, I didn't see Jim Carrey. But, then I never watched SNL much either .
    My humor has always been a bit different.
    Trust me...you don't want to see this clip. I got about 20 seconds into it and stopped it. To me....it was cruel, and anything but funny.

  16. #36
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic View Post
    For me, it's tied between the Comeback Special and Aloha From Hawaii concert.

    In the former, you have a hungry Elvis going at it full pelt. He looks lean, trim, deadly. His voice crackles with raw bluesy energy. He explodes when you least expect it and does it again and again. He plays guitar. He sits when he wants to stand; the tension is riveting. The audience is tiny and very close, the music is stripped right down. There is so much closeness that you can practically feel the distortion and the heat. Elvis seems to be a man at the height of his sexual powers. In a way, he has it all.

    In the latter, you have a more adjusted Elvis, sort of coasting along, but in the most elegant and enviable way possible. This is a coiffed, airbrushed, polite Elvis, looking like a million dollars. He has bejewelled his body and his image. I like the mixture of easygoing sensibility and refined passion. Elvis is being Elvis here. He's made it. The movements are understated and graceful, almost balletic. He doesn't cut the stage up; he glides across it. He doesn't tear into his iconic numbers, but performs them in a wry laconic drawl. But irony is not the final word: beneath a somnambulistic sorrow, the ballads are mastered. The 70's Elvis is ratified and enshrined.

    The rest -- "That's The Way It Is", "Elvis On Tour" and "Elvis In Concert" -- come in between or around the edges.
    It came down to these two for me also.

    And you have summed it all up perfectly with your post ! Job well done !!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  17. #37
    TCB Mafia Joe Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    It came down to these two for me also.

    And you have summed it all up perfectly with your post ! Job well done !!
    I have to agree!

  18. #38
    Cadillac King rockin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    318
    i never really cared that much for Aloha, 68 Comeback is a great performance, but ttwii is the pinicle of his career. Ever thing later was slowly goin down hill. Even in Elvis on Tour the energy is no where where it was on 68 nor on the ttwii.
    So i chose ttwii being the pinicle of his performance

    Thanks for the thread excellent question to get the brain flowing

    Rockin

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    143
    Yeh Elvis was at his best at the 70's that's the way it is concert thingy but my all time favourite is the HAWAII concert..he was so emotional then..it was also the turning point of his life,but not in a good way,it was the beginning of the break down.He was clearly sad and the emotional state could be heard clearly in his voice,that concert still has a big effect on me when i watch it.The ultimate broken hearts concert! and an important period and change in Elvis his life.

  20. #40
    International Level
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana
    Posts
    698
    I picked Aloha From Hawaii because his voice was very mature and like See See Rider it was Singin' Clinic I mean you had more power songs and his voice was still going....Gave Me A Mountain, Can't Stop Loving You, Its Over, What Now My Love, My Way, American Trilogy, and more.

    Love to all,
    Tim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. fav. t.v. performance
    By geordie in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •