Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bridge Over Troubled Water

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647

    Bridge Over Troubled Water

    [YT]pXnwJGEEIVM[/YT]

    It's an outstanding performance of Bridge Over Troubled Water in 1970. At the beginning of the video ( the first 6 seconds ) Elvis takes something that looks like a cigarette to me from the audience and then gives it back. The person who uploaded this video on youtube wrote : Elvis Smoking a Joint Live? in the title I think it's only a cigarette. Does anyone have more info on this?

    Thanks,

    Marija

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Dearest Marija...
    This is perhaps my FAVORITE performance of this song! As for the "joint" thing......I wouldn't put any stock into that whatsoever! It's a cigarette, without a doubt. Just someone trying to cast yet another bad shadow over a wonderful man and a magnificent performance. Pay it no mind... But thank you so much for posting this today. I am having a melancholy day, and this helped so much!

    Love ya...Lea

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  3. #3
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Dearest Marija...
    This is perhaps my FAVORITE performance of this song! As for the "joint" thing......I wouldn't put any stock into that whatsoever! It's a cigarette, without a doubt. Just someone trying to cast yet another bad shadow over a wonderful man and a magnificent performance. Pay it no mind... But thank you so much for posting this today. I am having a melancholy day, and this helped so much!

    Love ya...Lea

    Hi Lea

    That's what I thought too. The person was only trying to draw more attention with putting up that title You are most welcome Lea, I am glad this video helped. Hope your dad is getting better. He's in my thoughts and prayers

    Marija

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post

    Hi Lea

    That's what I thought too. The person was only trying to draw more attention with putting up that title You are most welcome Lea, I am glad this video helped. Hope your dad is getting better. He's in my thoughts and prayers

    Marija
    Thank you so much...

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  5. #5
    Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in the cold Kentucky rain
    Posts
    7,513
    Best live versions are the following.

    April 14th 1972 Greensboro, NC
    June 2nd 1975 Mobile, Alabama
    June 26th 1977 Indianapolis, IN
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977


  6. #6
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    The first 6 seconds aren't the same performance as the remaining video. Look closely at this jumpsuit. Same suit, but the collar is different. I like to see the different camera angles like this one that aren't the same as on TTWII. I would love to see video from the August 10th performance (Opening night). I recently read that it was a stellar performance, leaving some in the audience and his background singers in tears!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  7. #7
    TCB Mafia marijaep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    The first 6 seconds aren't the same performance as the remaining video. Look closely at this jumpsuit. Same suit, but the collar is different. I like to see the different camera angles like this one that aren't the same as on TTWII. I would love to see video from the August 10th performance (Opening night). I recently read that it was a stellar performance, leaving some in the audience and his background singers in tears!!!!

    Wow, Liz, you have a very good eye for details! Nice spot!

  8. #8
    TCB Mafia ehollier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,307
    Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post

    Wow, Liz, you have a very good eye for details! Nice spot!
    My best friend teases me that I am OCD!!! I'll tell her that it came in handy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

    John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

  9. #9
    SleepyJack
    Guest
    Nobody but nobody sings this song better than Elvis......love it love it love it!
    As to the joint.......looked like a cigarette to me....

  10. #10
    International Level
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    601
    I really don't know what to say...I think it's only a cigarette...But it's a little bit strange for Elvis smoking live...
    Anyway...I can't help you unfortunetaly...I have the same question with you,Marija.

  11. #11
    Cadillac King
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    272
    Is there another link? It says no longer available. I didn't think Elvis EVER EVER EVER smoked during a perfomance. I'm really surprised.

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia beckelvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SPAIN
    Posts
    1,700
    Me to like to see this video,which you have put is not sen,the truth I like very much the song like her sing his voice am perfect for the her,when it sees the video will think what you say ok

  13. #13
    International Level LtCarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    519
    It is a cigarette. I don't think he would smoke an illicit hallucinogenic drug in front of cameras that will ultimately be seen many people.
    Last edited by LtCarman; 10-31-2008 at 09:17 PM.

  14. #14
    Loving elvis
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,974
    oh the video was removed..thanks for posting anyhow marija.

Similar Threads

  1. Bridge Over Troubled Water
    By elvislady in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 09:05 PM
  3. Man Sells Elvis Water On eBay
    By Elvis.com in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 11:32 PM
  4. Washed My Hands In Muddy Water
    By P.S. Annie in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •