Thread: Bridge Over Troubled Water

Bridge Over Troubled Water

[YT]pXnwJGEEIVM[/YT]

It's an outstanding performance of Bridge Over Troubled Water in 1970. At the beginning of the video ( the first 6 seconds ) Elvis takes something that looks like a cigarette to me from the audience and then gives it back. The person who uploaded this video on youtube wrote : Elvis Smoking a Joint Live? in the title I think it's only a cigarette. Does anyone have more info on this?

Thanks,

Marija

Dearest Marija...
    This is perhaps my FAVORITE performance of this song! As for the "joint" thing......I wouldn't put any stock into that whatsoever! It's a cigarette, without a doubt. Just someone trying to cast yet another bad shadow over a wonderful man and a magnificent performance. Pay it no mind... But thank you so much for posting this today. I am having a melancholy day, and this helped so much!

Love ya...Lea

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Dearest Marija...
    This is perhaps my FAVORITE performance of this song! As for the "joint" thing......I wouldn't put any stock into that whatsoever! It's a cigarette, without a doubt. Just someone trying to cast yet another bad shadow over a wonderful man and a magnificent performance. Pay it no mind... But thank you so much for posting this today. I am having a melancholy day, and this helped so much!

Love ya...Lea

Hi Lea

That's what I thought too. The person was only trying to draw more attention with putting up that title You are most welcome Lea, I am glad this video helped. Hope your dad is getting better. He's in my thoughts and prayers

Marija

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post

Hi Lea

That's what I thought too. The person was only trying to draw more attention with putting up that title You are most welcome Lea, I am glad this video helped. Hope your dad is getting better. He's in my thoughts and prayers

Marija
    Thank you so much...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Best live versions are the following.

April 14th 1972 Greensboro, NC
    June 2nd 1975 Mobile, Alabama
    June 26th 1977 Indianapolis, IN
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

The first 6 seconds aren't the same performance as the remaining video. Look closely at this jumpsuit. Same suit, but the collar is different. I like to see the different camera angles like this one that aren't the same as on TTWII. I would love to see video from the August 10th performance (Opening night). I recently read that it was a stellar performance, leaving some in the audience and his background singers in tears!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by ehollier View Post
    The first 6 seconds aren't the same performance as the remaining video. Look closely at this jumpsuit. Same suit, but the collar is different. I like to see the different camera angles like this one that aren't the same as on TTWII. I would love to see video from the August 10th performance (Opening night). I recently read that it was a stellar performance, leaving some in the audience and his background singers in tears!!!!

Wow, Liz, you have a very good eye for details! Nice spot!

Quote Originally Posted by marijaep View Post

Wow, Liz, you have a very good eye for details! Nice spot!
    My best friend teases me that I am OCD!!! I'll tell her that it came in handy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

SleepyJack
    Nobody but nobody sings this song better than Elvis......love it love it love it!
    As to the joint.......looked like a cigarette to me....

International Level
    I really don't know what to say...I think it's only a cigarette...But it's a little bit strange for Elvis smoking live...
    Anyway...I can't help you unfortunetaly...I have the same question with you,Marija.

Cadillac King
    Is there another link? It says no longer available. I didn't think Elvis EVER EVER EVER smoked during a perfomance. I'm really surprised.

Me to like to see this video,which you have put is not sen,the truth I like very much the song like her sing his voice am perfect for the her,when it sees the video will think what you say ok

It is a cigarette. I don't think he would smoke an illicit hallucinogenic drug in front of cameras that will ultimately be seen many people.
    Last edited by LtCarman; 10-31-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Loving elvis
    oh the video was removed..thanks for posting anyhow marija.