Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis' Style - What Would He Wear Today?

Elvis' Style - What Would He Wear Today?

If Elvis were alive today, how do you think his sense of fashion and style would change - on and off stage? What do you think he'd be wearing, what designers? Or, do you have pictures that could represent what you think he'd be wearing today?

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Something causual......, both on and off stage(I hope....he,he)

Elvis was never really one to follow the fads..he sort of marched to his own drummer. So who knows what he'd be wearing these days??? But I bet'cha one thing...whatever he would choose to wear, he would wear it WELL....!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

heaven only knows but i dont think he would go with the fashions of today i think he would still chose his own style and stand out from the crowd in whatever he wore i definatley hope he wouldnt go for the unwashed unkept look that so many of the celebrites are going for you just want to give most of them a good wash and a good haircut

I think that whatever he would have worn today would not be anything we have seen before. Whatever style, colors, choices he would have made would be totally unique, just as all of his other fashions were. He didn't follow, others followed him in more than just music.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by goodelvisgirl View Post
    heaven only knows but i dont think he would go with the fashions of today i think he would still chose his own style and stand out from the crowd in whatever he wore i definatley hope he wouldnt go for the unwashed unkept look that so many of the celebrites are going for you just want to give most of them a good wash and a good haircut
    No! Elvis would never do that. He wouldn't even let his entourage go unkempt! I think he would still be loyal to Mr. Lansky, so he'd be very stylish. I agree with Lea, he wouldn't follow the trends, he'd be setting the trends, and sorry, as much as I'd love to see him in jeans, that just ain't gonna happen!
    I also think there would be an Elvis line of clothing in the works. TCBDesigns for Men and TLCDesigns for Women!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

yup i cant see elvis as the unwashed unkept type and i line of clothing sounds like a great idea alot of celebs are doing that and i would love to have seen him in some more jeans he wore them so well but definatley not in one of those bright tracksuits or daft baseball caps i think elvis would still be ahead of his time when it came to stlye he would still be setting the trends i wonder what his stage outfits would have looked like going into the 80's and 90's up to today

Interesting to think about. I'm sure he would've looked sharp as ever, whatever he would've choosen

International Level rhythmknights's Avatar
    no jeans, no baseball caps turned backwards, maybe facial hair like Charro, but never dirty or sloppy! don't know what he'd be wearing, just know there wouldnot be any polo shirts or baseball jerseys in sight!
    All I wanted was a white knight with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset Baby, I'm forever yours

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Something flashy no doubt about it.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Elvis was never really one to follow the fads..he sort of marched to his own drummer. So who knows what he'd be wearing these days??? But I bet'cha one thing...whatever he would choose to wear, he would wear it WELL....!
    Well said Queen.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

I just finished reading Pamela Keogh's book, she keeps talking about his shoes, cuban heels, what the heck are Cuban Heels? A brand? A style of shoe? I was glad to discover that the 'Memphis Flash' had a thing about shoes, just something we have in common!

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Good point Lea! I can tell you what I think he would NOT be wearing. Gail and I saw this young man in the lobby of the HH who was obviously going for the 1968 look. I think he may have even had some work done..he was fascinating. Then....he made the mistake of standing up. He was wearing a Hawaiin shirt and baggy, baggy cargo shorts that hung down below his knees. He finished off the look with a pair of $1.00 flip flops. Gail and I got really tickled....he spent tons on his face and hair, but then blew it with his wardrobe.

I guess he would have abandoned the Jumpsuits at the beginning of the
    1980s. He should have done half a decade before.

In our days his hair would definitely be shorter and the sideburns would be gone. The high collars would also be a thing of the past I guess. He would be wearing some designer glasses and still wear somewhat flashy cloths, although in a more casual style.

Yesterday I saw the DVD "The Space Within US" by Paul McCartney. He now has just four or five (young) musicians and it all sounds very fresh and powerfull. Maybe Elvis would have done a similar thing, get rid of his orchestra and the old band and start over with some "young blood".

Quote Originally Posted by The Welz View Post

In our days his hair would definitely be shorter and the sideburns would be gone.
    What is it these days with men and sideburns? It doesn't even appear that guys these days are capable of growing sideburns. I guess I'm still living in the past....but I still think sideburns can be sexy as hell.

Roseanne, I think sideburns are coming back. My son Paul is growing his sideburns longer, but not wider. As a result, my youngest -who can't grow facial hair yet, is letting his hair grow longer to have 'makebelieve' sideburns. Don't know if this a trend or just something Paul decided to do himself.
    Paul is definitely not an Elvis fan, but I did see him 'rocking' to Way Down as it played on my car radio!! I'm getting to him!

Quote Originally Posted by The Welz View Post
    I guess he would have abandoned the Jumpsuits at the beginning of the
    1980s. He should have done half a decade before.
    The jumpsuits would definitely be gone, Elvis was not one to live in the past when it came to fashion. He quickly moved on with the styles of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Roseanne, I think sideburns are coming back. My son Paul is growing his sideburns longer, but not wider. As a result, my youngest -who can't grow facial hair yet, is letting his hair grow longer to have 'makebelieve' sideburns. Don't know if this a trend or just something Paul decided to do himself.
    Paul is definitely not an Elvis fan, but I did see him 'rocking' to Way Down as it played on my car radio!! I'm getting to him!
    Well,that is good news to me. Gail and I saw sooo many guys in Memphis last week that were going after the 1968 Elvis look. The 73 Elvis is obviously not cool right now. They looked like dorks for trying to look like Elvis, otherwise I would have said their sideburns looked great.

Not every guy can wear sideburns and look good. Elvis was so goodlooking he could do it and look great.
    I wouldnt come back out there for love nor money.

Cadillac King

Re: Elvis' Style - What Would He Wear Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    I just finished reading Pamela Keogh's book, she keeps talking about his shoes, cuban heels, what the heck are Cuban Heels? A brand? A style of shoe? I was glad to discover that the 'Memphis Flash' had a thing about shoes, just something we have in common!
    These are cuban heels just out of interest. I could see Elvis wearing these. Very Stylish!
    http://www.julesb.co.uk/menswear-1/s...ine-109528.htm
    1969 july 31st, will we ever see anything?? sob sob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast