Thread: How Did Priscilla Know?????

How Did Priscilla Know?????

Reading all of the info that has been posted here of late about Lisa's inheritance got me to thinking.Go back to the beginning....how did Priscilla know about Jack Soden?? He has always been portrayed as a KC Missouri investment counselor...not some Wall Street brainchild. He obviously knew what he was doing...but how did she know about him???

I seem to remember reading something quite a while ago that his name came from the bank that Elvis did business in Memphis. After Vernon died and the accounts converted, with the bank's help and advice, Soden's name came into the picture, at least that was one of the stories that have been posted about his estate.
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

http://girlsguidetoelvis.com/memnewonsal.html

In 1979 Memphis Mayor Wyeth Chandler wanted the city to buy Graceland (asking price rumored to be $10-11 million). Jack Sodenís business partner, who handled Lisa Marie Presleyís estate for Priscilla Presley, wanted to sell Graceland in 1981. It is a good thing for Lisa Marie Presley that neither got their wish. Sodenís business partner, Morgan Maxfield, died an untimely death in a private jet crash over Labor Day weekend in 1981, leaving Soden to pursue his vision of opening Graceland to a very hungry public.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

Thank you for asking the question, Rosanne, I have always wondered how Soden came into the picture too.

Thank you for your informative replies...ehollier and Cameron.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    http://girlsguidetoelvis.com/memnewonsal.html

In 1979 Memphis Mayor Wyeth Chandler wanted the city to buy Graceland (asking price rumored to be $10-11 million). Jack Sodenís business partner, who handled Lisa Marie Presleyís estate for Priscilla Presley, wanted to sell Graceland in 1981. It is a good thing for Lisa Marie Presley that neither got their wish. Sodenís business partner, Morgan Maxfield, died an untimely death in a private jet crash over Labor Day weekend in 1981, leaving Soden to pursue his vision of opening Graceland to a very hungry public.
    Thanks for the info. Wow....what an interesting turn of events. I do remember now that Soden was the partner of the original investment counselor.

Thanks for asking that question Rosanne... I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't remember the circumstances exactly. Soooo, I decided to let others answer. If you know what I mean...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

My head is spinning, there's a reason I avoided Business classes in college - I think I'll just leave now

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    My head is spinning, there's a reason I avoided Business classes in college - I think I'll just leave now

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Thanks for asking that question Rosanne... I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't remember the circumstances exactly. Soooo, I decided to let others answer. If you know what I mean...

Yes.....I do know what you mean. We wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, now would we??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Man.....can I relate to that statement. No wonder I loved dance and psychology....

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Yes.....I do know what you mean. We wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, now would we??

Certainly NOT!

Man.....can I relate to that statement. No wonder I loved dance and psychology....
    Dance??? Dear me...you don't have a special instructor hidden in your past do you???

Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Dance??? Dear me...you don't have a special instructor hidden in your past do you???
    Nope...sorry to dissapoint you. I do believe the head of the dance department in college preferred the company of men more than he did women. However...maybe there is a karate instructor or two stuffed in the back.