Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTD - On Stage Revisited

Just read the news on the FECC board. The source of this news is The Elvis Presley Fan Club Of Great Britain.

It reads as follows:

The July 1st, 2004 release will be a cd containing rehearsals and alternate live performances from February 1970 in Las Vegas, NV. The Elvis Fan Club Of Great Britain sent an order form for this with the April FTD releases and mentioned the following tracks:

Proud Mary, Sweet Caroline, Don't Cry Daddy, Kentucky Rain, It Hurts Me, The Wonder Of You, Release Me, See See Rider, Polk Salad Annie, Walk A Mile In My Shoes, I Can't Stop Loving You, All Shook Up, In The Ghetto, Suspicious Minds, I Got A Woman, Hound Dog, Long Tall Sally, Love Me Tender, Can't Help Falling In Love.

That's very good news, you know!

This could be one hell of a CD.

Anyone familiar with this 1970 version of It Hurts Me?

Bye,
    Sonny

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Never heard of a 1970 version of "It Hurts Me". I think it would sound very simular to the '68 Comeback Special version.

I think it's a shame that FTD is already busy with re-releasing other albums. I'd say that they should finish the soundtracks first.

And the On Stage album has already been re-released with bonustracks on BMG a few years back. Re-re-releasing it would be a bit weird. I'd rather have a complete non-Vegas show instead
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

I don't think it's a actual re-release, Albert.

I guess this is a "new" album with other versions on it than on the On Stage re-release from a couple of years ago.

Sonny

This will be a nice release. So long as it wasn't an April 1 joke.
    (That's when the news broke) :?

The thought crossed my mind, Sam...

Let's have a little faith.

Sonny

Keith posted this on FECC...

Ernst has confirmed it's an April Fools joke on another web site.

On the subject of Rehearsals, I've been busy for a while now compiling a list of all known Rehearsals Elvis did, and where they can be found ........

Well, hurry it up then!

I'm working on a list with all known recordings available on (mostly) soundboard imports and official albums, complete with duration of the songs, take numbers and so on...

It's a hell of a job...

Sonny

Now they are saying It's not an April fools joke. you'd think someone would know. Looks like a nice release after all.

Sure does...

Well, we'll know soon enough I guess.

Sonny

Here's the link to the Official Elvis Presley fan Club Of Great Britain: http://www.elvis-presley-fan-club.com/ I don't think it will have come from them - their latest update was way back in November 2003! :shock:

I think it must have been an April Fools joke.

Well, I didn't find it funny!
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Now it appears that this release will actually happen, although It Hurst Me will instead be a version of Let It Be Me.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Was 'It Hurts Me' a mis-print then? I never knew he even sang that in 1970. Or is it possible BMG have that one in their vaults and we may see it later? I live in hope!
    Too much monkey business for me to be involved in

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I have a split opinion on the potential release of this 1970 ON STAGE FTD...

On the positive side, there were some GREAT concerts performed during this time in Elvis' career (as evidenced by the original ON STAGE album and the recent reissue with bonus tracks), and I certainly would welcome some more concert recordings from this period of Elvis' career!!

But on the negative side, RCA did just reissue the ON STAGE CD with the bonus tracks not too long ago, and with all of the releases surrounding the 30th anniversary of TTWII a couple of years ago, are fans going to consider bypassing this FTD release because of the flood of 1970 releases in the past few years as well as a track listing that looks awfully similiar to the 1999 ON STAGE reissue?

I certainly hope that would not be the case, because as I said, Elvis was simply fantastic on stage during February, 1970, and I am sure the tracks on this proposed FTD release would showcase that fact! But it does make you wonder if this idea wouldn't be better suited for an FTD release perhaps for next year?

I definitely think this would make an AWESOME release....but perhaps not quite so soon after all of the the TTWII releases and the ON STAGE reissue!

Just my opinion...

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    Now I notice on the Elvis Collectors Gold page there's a statement from Ernst saying that this is NOT going to be released. Would someone from FTD PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING OFFICIAL ABOUT THIS SO THAT ALL THE RHUMORS CAN DECIST! :x
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Hi Everyone:

Just found this information posted on Graceland's website regarding the upcoming July FTD release:

Elvis On Stage Revisited is the working title for a compilation of live recordings from Elvis's Las Vegas engagement of February 1970. The release date is July 1, 2004. The track listing will be posted here as soon at Follow That Dream Records provides the information.

Personally, I am anxious to see the tracklisting for this one!! I think the recordings that RCA have released thus far from Elvis' February '70 engagement are excellent! Hopefully we will be treated to some more great tracks with this album!!

TCB!
    Mike

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    The problem with those '69-'70 Vegas seasons, is that Elvis is almost too good. That's great for people in the audience, but less fun for listeners of a CD. The shows sound so unbelievable simular, even the talking and jokes is the same.

I really wish that BMG/FTD will come up someday with soundboard recordings from Elvis' first tours in 1970.
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Take a look at my post, from a while back...

Sonny

[edit] I have merged the two topics

I really like this period, I hope they have a surprising listing, but we shall see.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Albert@Apr 26 2004, 02:18 AM
    The problem with those '69-'70 Vegas seasons, is that Elvis is almost too good. That's great for people in the audience, but less fun for listeners of a CD. The shows sound so unbelievable simular, even the talking and jokes is the same.
    That sums up my feelings about this very well, but hopefully it will be an interesting release--beyond simply the original On Stage + bonus tracks + bonus tracks, if you know what I mean.

Ideally, I think, would be to have the original tracklisting, but with different performances of those songs, plus as many other goodies as they can squeeze in.

Thanks for the update, Mike.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

NO PROBLEM BOBBY!! MY PLEASURE!!

THANKS ALBERT FOR EDITING MY POST TOGETHER WITH THIS ONE FROM SONNY!! SORRY FOR NOT THINKING TO DO THAT MYSELF!! :worthy:

TCB!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast