Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis and Gladys

Concern and worry never leave a parent. You can be 100 with a 80 year old kid and you'll worry. Some people worry more than they should-but if your a worrier (if its in your genes so to speak) you can not help it. Your kids will always bring you the biggest worrys and the biggest satisfaction.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    Right on Rosanne! I find myself particularly 'overprotective' of my sons as well. For some reason...I don't worry about my daughter in the same ways as I do my sons. I worry about her...for different reasons. But the boys...I just worry about them falling prey to shady women... And then I worry about myself...going to jail!

LOL, I love ya, Lea!

Cadillac King
    I think that Elvis and Gladys shared many of the same personality traits, and it stands to reason that, genetically speaking, he was predisposed to the same diseases (heart disease, liver disease, ect.).

You know, Gladys just loved Elvis. It's not a crime to love your child. And when you lose one at birth, you would naturally tend to be more protective of the one who survived. This has been discussed before...and many think she was 'too protective' or that her behavior was 'not normal'. But as I have said before...I don't blame her for worrying about her son. That was her life. She had a need to have Elvis close to her...perhaps she felt as if he was the only one who really loved her? The marriage to Vernon was not exactly storybook...so I am sure that she made Elvis top priority in her life...and I can't blame her for that!

The bottom line is this...
    Elvis knew that his Mother loved him for him...unconditionally! And he had such a strong desire to give her what he thought that she deserved and never got from Vernon. He poured his heart out to her...and knew that she would always understand. And he gave her everything he could to make up for the hard life that she had endured. I praise Elvis for the way he loved and respected his Mother. And I hope that they are now together....

As a Mum myself, I agree 100 %

TCB Mafia
    I think that Elvis and Gladys shared many of the same personality traits, and it stands to reason that, genetically speaking, he was predisposed to the same diseases (heart disease, liver disease, ect.).

You know, Gladys just loved Elvis. It's not a crime to love your child. And when you lose one at birth, you would naturally tend to be more protective of the one who survived. This has been discussed before...and many think she was 'too protective' or that her behavior was 'not normal'. But as I have said before...I don't blame her for worrying about her son. That was her life. She had a need to have Elvis close to her...perhaps she felt as if he was the only one who really loved her? The marriage to Vernon was not exactly storybook...so I am sure that she made Elvis top priority in her life...and I can't blame her for that!

Elvis knew that his Mother loved him for him...unconditionally! And he had such a strong desire to give her what he thought that she deserved and never got from Vernon. He poured his heart out to her...and knew that she would always understand. And he gave her everything he could to make up for the hard life that she had endured. I praise Elvis for the way he loved and respected his Mother.....

Thank you, Lea.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Concern and worry never leave a parent. You can be 100 with a 80 year old kid and you'll worry. Some people worry more than they should-but if your a worrier (if its in your genes so to speak) you can not help it. Your kids will always bring you the biggest worrys and the biggest satisfaction.

You are 100% right about this KPM! What a great post. My mom and dad always told me that no matter the age, your child is always your child. And.....worry is worry, no matter the age. Unfortunately...it takes being a parent of an adult child to finally realize this. At 22 and 27 mine can't imagine why I would ever worry about them. And they still don't understand how my happiness is tied into their happiness.

Elvis knew that his Mother loved him for him...unconditionally! And he had such a strong desire to give her what he thought that she deserved and never got from Vernon. He poured his heart out to her...and knew that she would always understand. And he gave her everything he could to make up for the hard life that she had endured. I praise Elvis for the way he loved and respected his Mother. And I hope that they are now together....
    You said it all Kings Queens

Well I know I had the empty nest syndrome really bad for several years. I couldn't stand the silence in the house then a couple of years ago our daughter moved back in as we had our house on the market in hopes of moving to Maine then the bottom of the economy in this state dropped out and here we still are waiting for it to improve enough to put our house back on the market and finally get there where family and friends are waiting.

The point to all this is that I'm happy as a clam to have our daughter back with us...she is definitely my best friend as well as daughter. It's the only thing I have to thank the government for. Our son is only 20 minutes away and plans to move his family to Maine along with us. Yup, we are all very close and very lucky. I can certainly understand how Gladys felt and how worried she was when Elvis was too far for her to protect.

I even had separation anxieties when dropping off my daughter to work when her car broke down....can't get any worse than that.

Diane

Elvis and his mother had a special bond..when in her eyes she lost elvis to "stardom" something inside her died i think...and when Elvis his mother died,a big part of Elvis died too,he was never the same after that day

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Well I know I had the empty nest syndrome really bad for several years. I couldn't stand the silence in the house then a couple of years ago our daughter moved back in as we had our house on the market in hopes of moving to Maine then the bottom of the economy in this state dropped out and here we still are waiting for it to improve enough to put our house back on the market and finally get there where family and friends are waiting.

The point to all this is that I'm happy as a clam to have our daughter back with us...she is definitely my best friend as well as daughter. It's the only thing I have to thank the government for. Our son is only 20 minutes away and plans to move his family to Maine along with us. Yup, we are all very close and very lucky. I can certainly understand how Gladys felt and how worried she was when Elvis was too far for her to protect.

I even had separation anxieties when dropping off my daughter to work when her car broke down....can't get any worse than that.

Diane
    Great post Diane...as usual! I know what you mean, completely understand where your coming from!! Being a "Mother" is not as easy as raising them and pushing them out on their own...much like birds do! We hang on...try to help...worry...and yes, at times, will even try to shield our grown children from the hurts of everyday life. Even though it is usually out of our control... That's one common thread among women that almost all of us can relate to!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by john carpenter View Post
    You said it all Kings Queens
    Thank you! And if you'd like, you can just call me Lea!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12