Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis's women

MissyM

Elvis's women

What does everyone think about the women who gladly/proudly admit that they had affairs with Elvis while he was either married or living with someone. Most sound like they had something special with him. Maybe that's the way he made them feel?????? But still, did these women have no morals? And to talk about it like it was a beautiful thing. You know, I find it disgusting. Whew, I've been wanting to get that off my chest!

Loving elvis
    I agree with you missy, don't like it and l feel those girls should have more class than what they did cheating with someone else's man, but like everyone says this is elvis we are talking about and how much l like elvis l would never get involved with someone married or has a someone in his life.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    What does everyone think about the women who gladly/proudly admit that they had affairs with Elvis while he was either married or living with someone. Most sound like they had something special with him. Maybe that's the way he made them feel?????? But still, did these women have no morals? And to talk about it like it was a beautiful thing. You know, I find it disgusting. Whew, I've been wanting to get that off my chest!

With all due respect, Missy.

I don't think it is our place to judge people, when we don't know the situation, the circumstances, nor the era.

Elvis was Elvis. You know, some say, as well as some religions teach, that thinking about it, is just as bad as doing it, so most of us are guilty.

I'm just thinking of people's feelings and I hope I didn't hurt yours, please forgive me if I did.

Take care,
    Hugs,
    Kim

MissyM
    Well, I think every one knows I am not a Priscilla fan but he was her husband. Even if a marriage is in deep troubled waters how does anyone know if that can be repaired! I wouldn't want to be the one to put the nail in the coffin. But just morally I could never do it even if it was Elvis. I know Priscilla cheat too but to that I say, how can a man sleep with someone else's wife?? And especially when there was a child involved too? And man, they are so open about it like it was something cool. I know Kathy W. says she ended it for that reason but she should have never started it in the first place. For a great part of my marriage I've had women trying to take up with or sleep with my husband cause of the music business and let me tell you these women don't care!!!!

MissyM
    I'm not judging the person but their actions. To me their actions are disgusting. I'm not saying they are bad people per say but they did a bad thing. No???

Well, it was Elvis, who wouldn't want to be with him..Married or not ? He was the world's Number 1 Idol, sex symbol. And i'm sure half of them didn't even know his marriage was on the rocks, he probably wouldn't have told them.

MissyM
    I get the part about who he was but that still doesn't change my mind. I guess I must be a prude????? Old fashioned??? I can't help it, it just bothers me, always has.

You go Girl!!!!!! I agree with you!!! Men who cheat on their wives are not my idea of a good thing, either. Elvis was sexy as hell and I have stated that throughout numerous forums and I think many agree with that. But I also say that in jest b/c I know that he's eye candy (albeit, very very talented eye candy!!!) and could use his beautiful body to his great advantage; however, men that are faithful husbands and make their wives extremely happy (emotionally, sexually, and mentally happy) are very sexy. I've always thought that monogomy is hot!!!!!! for what my opinion is worth!!!!!!
    "More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
    University of Memphis

Missy, it still doesn't stop celebrities today. I can see where your coming from. But it happened and still does. I guess Elvis loved women, and women loved Elvis.
    I don't think they did a bad thing at all, they did a selfish thing, different meaning. They didn't care if he was married, at least they got to be with them, it's all about doing it for themselves. And then they fell in love with him, he had a great personality. It's hard not to fall in love really. I'm sure while Pris was having an affair, the person she was having it with couldn't care less about her husband.

It's tough to answer this because we weren't any of those women, or Elvis.
    If he had of been my husband, I wouldn't have stuck around, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    With all due respect, Missy.

I don't think it is our place to judge people, when we don't know the situation, the circumstances, nor the era.

Elvis was Elvis. You know, some say, as well as some religions teach, that thinking about it, is just as bad as doing it, so most of us are guilty.

I'm just thinking of people's feelings and I hope I didn't hurt yours, please forgive me if I did.

Take care,
    Hugs,
    Kim
    Great post Kimmi! I am not an advocate for infidelity...so don't get me wrong...but I do believe that to 'lust' after another is the same thing as doing the actual deed! And too, I think that there are extinuating circumstances sometimes. There are people who jointly agree to having "open" marriages. I'm not saying that was the case with Elvis and Pris...but it does happen. Everyone has a different opinion of Elvis' promiscuity. I personally think that unless someone could actually feel what another person feels...then how would you know what their motive for doing it would be? Often, it is not about sex for the woman as much as it is the hunger for love...JMO.

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Quote Originally Posted by Burning_Love View Post
    Missy, it still doesn't stop celebrities today. I can see where your coming from. But it happened and still does. I guess Elvis loved women, and women loved Elvis.I don't think they did a bad thing at all, they did a selfish thing, different meaning. They didn't care if he was married, at least they got to be with them, it's all about doing it for themselves. And then they fell in love with him, he had a great personality. It's hard not to fall in love really. I'm sure while Pris was having an affair, the person she was having it with couldn't care less about her husband.

It's tough to answer this because we weren't any of those women, or Elvis.
    If he had of been my husband, I wouldn't have stuck around, believe me.
    From the mouths of babes... Great points Danielle! It is soooo easy to fall in love...even when you aren't looking to. And in my opinion, it is more of a 'shame on Elvis' type thing than 'shame on the women'! If my man cheats on me...then why go after the gal??? She didn't owe me anything. He did! And when you get right down to it, desire is a hard thing to keep under control... Some are strong enough...some are not. I think that unless a woman is actually confronted with the chance to be with someone like Elvis...they would never know exactly how they may react, even though you think you know...situations, horomones, and desire sure do have a way of persuading people.... JMO...

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by The King's Queen View Post
    From the mouths of babes... Great points Danielle! It is soooo easy to fall in love...even when you aren't looking to. And in my opinion, it is more of a 'shame on Elvis' type thing than 'shame on the women'! If my man cheats on me...then why go after the gal??? She didn't owe me anything. He did! And when you get right down to it, desire is a hard thing to keep under control... Some are strong enough...some are not. I think that unless a woman is actually confronted with the chance to be with someone like Elvis...they would never know exactly how they may react, even though you think you know...situations, horomones, and desire sure do have a way of persuading people.... JMO...

I agree with you Lea. You know, that said, I expect a monogomous relationship, and yes, there isn't anything sexier than a man fulfilling a woman in every way, as ehollier said.

There was only one man who could have affected me that way, probably, same as you. Some women, just loved him all their lives (lust aside). What are they to do?

From what I've found; Elvis' sexual encounters were vastly overstated It was just part of the image .
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

You know, some say, as well as some religions teach, that thinking about it, is just as bad as doing it, so most of us are guilty.
    Jimmy Carter, anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    From what I've found; Elvis' sexual encounters were vastly overstated It was just part of the image .
    I think especially in the latter years there was alot of sleeping going on with the women he was sleeping with.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    Jimmy Carter, anyone??

Yes, I'm glad that that isn't my scene

You know, some say, as well as some religions teach, that thinking about it, is just as bad as doing it, so most of us are guilty.
    Guilt happens only if you allow it. Or if it's drummed into you when young by certain people with certain philosophies of thought.

Two of the best, er, "relationships" I had were with married women. Do I feel guilty?

Naaah! 'Coz I wasn't the one being unfaithful to anyone (nor have I ever been unfaithful to a woman). And no, I didn't initiate either of the affairs, I just went along for the ride, as it were.

(I guess that answers the question posed in another thread, "How are you similar to Elvis" ...)

So these women who had affairs with Elvis when they were married or living with other men made the choice to do it.

Affairs and being unfaithful never "just happen" (a.k.a The Michael Douglas Excuse).
    Getlo - cute'n'cuddly

Originally Posted by Jess
    I believe they mean you just can't enjoy thinking about it.
    It would be hard to turn our thoughts off.
    "I have learned never to ridicule any man's opinion, however strange it may seem."

It would be hard to resist Elvis, I think.
    I have a hard time to hear ANY of them talk about something so very very personal between that particular gal and ELVIS whether he was married, not married, or had a steady gal at the time of the affair. I don't find the being with ELVIS near as CLASSLESS as TALKING about something that ELVIS would wish be kept private between them. I guess that is why I put Ann-Margaret on a pedestal compared to the others.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Totally agree about that! Now, do I know the encounters were vastly overstated...heck no....I wasn't in the bedroom.....Do I surmise overstating going on?....Absolutely....since lostsa' ladies seem to think it is a notch on their belt to say such things.

I will never forget you Rosanne.
    R.I.P. 4-27-59~7-22-09

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast