Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats your limit ?

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I guess my first reaction to the subject line was $$ since I associate limit with charge card limits, therefore money limit. Was it about the music?
    well thats what i meant it to be about Oh well...turned into an interesting discussion anyhow didn't it
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by spinout-designs
    Sorry Nightrider, I'm gonna go off at a slight tangent here and comment on audience recordings specifically, regarding the quality aspect.

Now, I am a keen collector of audience recordings (though they are not all originals) they do often offer something of interest, and I kinda consider them as my ticket to another Elvis Presley show.

However, often times the quality of these audience recordings are far from great, and you are more listening to them for the dialogue inbetween than for the enjoyment of the songs themselves (that's if you can even make the dialogue out on some of them).

I dunno about you, but sometimes I wonder why the hell am I playing a CD with **** sound quality when there are now so many soundboard and multi track performances to choose from.

Then on other occasions there will be a real cool snippet where Elvis says something funny or it's a great show and you're glad you didn't miss it.

At the end of the day, with audience recordings you are getting more of the experience of a show than anything else, and for that reason I guess I will continue to collect them, however, I certainly don't need re-issued audience recordings of shows I already have.
    Thats not off to a slight tangent...thats what i was asking in the first place

And you sum it up to perfection....there are alot to be found in Audience recordings...whatever the soundquality...but then you have to admit once yu have listened to it once or twice...it would be a rare occasion to put it back on the player

How many times do you think " i'll listen to a live show...i know i will play that horrible 'sounding' show from ...... ( even if its a great show )....." Not that often i would guess

Thats one reason why i listen first..and if there are exceptional moments in the show....then i buy it...if its pretty standard ( nothing out of the ordinary ) then i don't bother.

But as i said at the top...if money was no object, i would get them all anyhow
    TCB Chris.

---------------------------------------

Backstage Pass
    I buy everything I can but I also collect movie posters and have a house and family so not everything is possible.
    Sdaly I've so far missed the past couple of FTDs.
    I keep wishing, though
    rick

Backstage Pass
    I try to buy all the relevant releases, most, but not all of the FTD and the box sets, my wife will say something like " Does he burp during one of the songs, is that why you have to have another version of.........(put whatever song title here!)?" Good job she's only joking!..at least I think she is... LOL!
    "When You Let Your Head get Too Big, It'll Break your Neck" Elvis Presley.

Cadillac King
    I think Bobby pretty summed up my feelings there, though I for one have long ago stopped buying " everything" - I simply do not have the physical space . So no re-releases or compilations for me unless the sound quality really warrants it. After a terrible experience a couple of years ago, where I lost a large part of my books and magazines I have stopped buying books:

I find I hardly listen to 70% of my CDs regularly -and almost never even look at my books! One of these days,if the price is right I just may sell of my books & mags ( Sean Shaver's included !).

jb

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    For me the main thing about my Elvis collection are the cd?s, I?m not interested in framed pictures, Elvis dolls, or other crappy things
    i feel exactly the same way
    well maybe not about the framed pictures i mean i do have some on my walls...and they wouldnt be there if i didnt care about them
    but the other crappy things i dont care about...its the cd's thats most the important

speaking of which money wise when it gets to buy elvis stuff,...to be honest elvis merchandise is consider as expensive, and that must have been kind of 'dilemma' for some elvis fans..there are cheap CDs out there but same ol' same ol' songs in there,..but some of you here dont have problems with it ( money wise )since its a hobbie, the feelings when you got those stuff you wanted and you got it, is more than money can buy. well its just my cent worth of opinion

Liverbobs - I got a kick out of your wife's "burp" comment. That's hysterical. I would like to see MORE of the REAL Elvis. I am interested in hearing more of him talking. I was thinking of trying to buy "Desert Storm" or "Crazy-The Funny Side of Elvis", but I don't know if they can be purchased in the U.S. Does anyone know where to go to get these? And does anyone have them and how are they?

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Without peaking at the cover, I really can't tell the difference between the many alternate takes. So 9 out of 10 times the master + one alternate would be enough. But still.... I keep on buying those FTD's and imports. It's really like a virus.

Same with soundboards: how many CC Riders, I Got a Woman and Hound Dog's are really worth the extra money. If you have two or 3 live cd's from each year, you should have enough.... But still..... I keep on buying them.... It's really like a virus....

I guess I'm infected and I don't want a cure
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

As with almost everyone else money is always a consideration with what my limit can be, but there was a time not to long ago when I tried to collect all the audio I could. I was fortunate in the fact that almost all ofthe bootlegs and some FTD releases that I aquired were throught trades with other Elvis fans. So money wasn't a major consideration there. As for Elvis memorabilia I find most of it a waste of my time, just my opinion. I am now in the process of trying to aquire a small picture collection, mostly for my cover art work and some just for my own enjoyment. I am not a big fan of AR, although I do have a few, especially the New Years Eve 76 concert, and the Fairytales concert from Cleveland, because as I have stated before my mother was fortunate enought to see Elvis live twice in the 70' at the Richfield Coliseum in Cleveland and my aunt attend the infamous New Years Eve concert in Pittsburgh. I haven't been impressed with too many other AR's. That is not to say I wouldn't aquire ones that I think are worth it. as Albert said you can only have so many C.C. Riders, I Got A Woman / Amen's, but it is an addiction and who wants to be cured Just my 2 cents worth

J.C.

Backstage Pass
    still lovinelvis pm me! I can send you a copy of desert storm if you like !
    "When You Let Your Head get Too Big, It'll Break your Neck" Elvis Presley.

International Level

Quote Originally Posted by stilllovinelvis
    Liverbobs - I got a kick out of your wife's "burp" comment. That's hysterical. I would like to see MORE of the REAL Elvis. I am interested in hearing more of him talking. I was thinking of trying to buy "Desert Storm" or "Crazy-The Funny Side of Elvis", but I don't know if they can be purchased in the U.S. Does anyone know where to go to get these? And does anyone have them and how are they?

Hey! I thought our chosen Avatars were exclusive once chosen?!! Moderators please? Could you explain?

Cherokee,

yes i agree with you - that 'other board' can be quite scary.

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Nice one, Ron.

Cherokee, I can understand why you might think that, and it seems like a good idea, but really even if it were set to not make previously selected avatars available, they still could be copied and used.

Actually, we just like to watch people fight over 'em. Only kidding.

I hope you like Unchained's solution.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonniebealestreet
    Nice one, Ron.

Cherokee, I can understand why you might think that, and it seems like a good idea, but really even if it were set to not make previously selected avatars available, they still could be copied and used.

Actually, we just like to watch people fight over 'em. Only kidding.

I hope you like Unchained's solution.
    I see. It don't make me any happier, cos I really love the avatar I chose

Maybe I gotta start looking for an image that feels as much "me" as this one did and then maybe some avatar fairy will make me one

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained
    I?m not a moderator in the Elvis topics, but this can be the answer to your problem.
    I love it, Unchained, but it doesn't "speak to me" the way my current avatar does. I dunno, hard to explain It sorta jumped off the page to me, his expression in that pic is very much in synch with my character, I feel.

(yes I'm weird that way - so shoot me )

to Cherokee

I just saw your post about the avatar. I am so sorry. I did not realize we were not supposed to duplicate each other. I just figured out last night how to get one. And I went to the page where we were given options of what to pick. And this was my favorite, just made me smile to see him smile like that. Don't change yours. You had it first. It was my mistake. I don't know how to get one that is not listed though. So I will have to pick another off the list. How will I know if someone else has already chosen it? Again, you keep this one. It means more to you. I can find another one. If I pick someone elses again though, just let me know and I'll try again, or just won't use one. I'll find one or someone can help me.

International Level
    I just saw your post about the avatar. I am so sorry. I did not realize we were not supposed to duplicate each other. I just figured out last night how to get one. And I went to the page where we were given options of what to pick. And this was my favorite, just made me smile to see him smile like that. Don't change yours. You had it first. It was my mistake. I don't know how to get one that is not listed though. So I will have to pick another off the list. How will I know if someone else has already chosen it? Again, you keep this one. It means more to you. I can find another one. If I pick someone elses again though, just let me know and I'll try again, or just won't use one. I'll find one or someone can help me.

Aaaawww, you're sweet I know I'm a little anal
    I just always thought it was supposed to be "fixed" in that once one was chosen, it disappeared from the tableau, but apparently it didn't

Anyway, thanks for your sportsmanship

Your welcome. He is REALLY cute there. I can't blame you for wanting THAT all to yourself.

International Level
    Your welcome. He is REALLY cute there. I can't blame you for wanting THAT all to yourself.

Honey, if I'd been old enough while he was looking like that, I might have caused the man an involuntary stay at the hospital

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast