Thread: Just got my copy of sessions 3... It's good but I'm not blown away by it

Backstage Pass

Just got my copy of sessions 3... It's good but I'm not blown away by it

Hi guys, just received my copy of sessions 3 in the mail. Let me start of by saying it is a very big book. 630 pages to be exact. It is not oversized so it is easy to hold and read. I do wish it had a hard cover and for the price 60 us dollars i think it should have, ernst's book was hard cover and almost half the price! Anyway, the book is in the same format as the other sessions books.

I especially like the unreleased highlights and outtakes sessions chapter, some very intresting things listed here. The soundboard section is also intresting, as it has the last show 6/26/77 listed as being recorded by the sound engineers . I hope this is true becuse this historic show needs to be released. The book is kind of overwhelming because of so much info. But a lot of it is a re hash of the first two books. The pictures are nice and there are quite a few new candids, and the back cover has an awesome shot from 1972 that will blow you away.

There are however no color shots in the book. Granted i know this is not a photo book but a few color shots would have added a nice touch. In my opinion, this book could have been have the size and half the money. It would have been nice just to have a book of the updated session finds, without the other session notes from the last two books.

Don't get me wrong i am not putting the book down by any means. I just think we have all been waiting so long that we really expected a little more from mr. Tunzi.... Have a great weekend...

Simmerrocks

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Thanks for your report, Mike.

Though disappointing in some ways, it sounds like a great book. And I don't have I and II, so I think I might have to get this one.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Hi,

Thanks for your quick review. Where did you order it? I have ordered it at FECC for 65 euro and haven't received it yet.

Is it a nice addition to Ernst' Sessions book?
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    i ordered it direct from jat publishing well over a year ago . thank goodness for all the talk about it on various message boards, or i would have forgotton all about it . anyway it really is an intresting book. especially if you are into the recording sessions as i am, and most of us are intrested in the unreleased session material. thanks... simmerrocks

Hi there,

Any photos from the Graceland recording sessions, or from Stax anything like that, maybe even the 'Today' sessions

Thanks for your overview.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

Backstage Pass
    hi spinout, there are some shots of e.p outside of stax. none taken in the studio, and to my dissapointment no shots from the famed jungle room sessions. although there is a great shot of our man looking trim at graceland in 1976 in full police dress!!. to me one of the nicest shots is the jam in the hilton hotel suite, you see the late mama cass, elvis, linda thompson. and i don't know if you fellow fans in europe know this guy, comedian marty allen!!!!!!! how the heck did he get involved in a late night sing along with elvis . have a good weekend, simmerrocks

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by simmerrocks
    hi spinout, there are some shots of e.p outside of stax. none taken in the studio, and to my dissapointment no shots from the famed jungle room sessions. although there is a great shot of our man looking trim at graceland in 1976 in full police dress!!. to me one of the nicest shots is the jam in the hilton hotel suite, you see the late mama cass, elvis, linda thompson. and i don't know if you fellow fans in europe know this guy, comedian marty allen!!!!!!! how the heck did he get involved in a late night sing along with elvis . have a good weekend, simmerrocks
    Wow, sounds good. Could you possibly scan these?

Backstage Pass
    hi cherokee, right now i am without, my scanner, fax, copier. thats what happens when you get an all in one unit and the copier breaks down. i hope to have it back sometime next week. then by all means i will scan some pics. see ya later.... simmerrocks ...... broken copier

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by simmerrocks
    hi cherokee, right now i am without, my scanner, fax, copier. thats what happens when you get an all in one unit and the copier breaks down. i hope to have it back sometime next week. then by all means i will scan some pics. see ya later.... simmerrocks ...... broken copier
    Ooops, oh yeah, the advantages and disadvantages of a "one in all" machine huh?

Hope it won't set you back too much and that you're back in business soon
    Thanks in advance!